The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
My friends who have already gone to uni and didn't get on with the people in their flat/corridor just went next door! You're by no means stuck with who's in your flat, or even your floor or block.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
wolver123
I know mate I'm well worried now, I hope I'm not in the deadest flat in Warwick, I know I'm top floor but I'm really not feeling me and five other boys who want to sit in all night, I'm just gonna hope another flat will adopt me and let me hang out there if it's the case :s-smilie:

I've just checked - your top floor with 3 guys 3 girls so your fine. Single sex flats are 6, 18, 23, 25, 30, 53, 54.

Unless you put on your personal statement "Please put me beside five other boys who want to sit in all night" then its very unlikely this is what has happened. Do make sure you come along to the Freshers Tocil social at the end of week 1 and your sure to meet lots of people from Tocil who you'll get on with. See the facebook group...

gower
My friends who have already gone to uni and didn't get on with the people in their flat/corridor just went next door! You're by no means stuck with who's in your flat, or even your floor or block.

Initially you were allocated to Tocil, the resident tutors from all of the blocks then spent a couple of days arranging people throughout the blocks making sure that people are put beside people we think they'll get on with as we realise its important that you get a good group of friends from the go when your moving to uni. If for any reason you dont seem to be getting on with the people in your flat speak to your resident tutor and we should be able to do something about it.

Trooper30
Thanks so much for all that Tocil info - it's making me even more excited about going!
So, as a general rule - the flats with 6 people in are single sex?

And also I'm in Flat 58, Room G - is that 1st floor, 12 people per flat?

:smile:

Yes
Reply 122
murraypollock
No wifi, nor is there any plan to get wifi. All you need is an ethernet cable which you can buy in costcutters on campus. You don't need any login details either - plug in and your away - so no need to wait until you register to uni.

No - Your key will open the front door to your block, the door of your flat and your room door.

Many questions re: this- Each block has six flats so Block 1 = Flats1->6; Block 2 = Flats 7->12 etc. Within each block there are 2 flats per floor, the first two numbered flats are ground floor, then the next two first floor etc. Then finally your room code, for instance, TO39C is short for Tocil Flat 39 Room C, which is Block 7 first floor.

Each block has flats of different sizes. The (typical) sizes are - on the ground floor one 12 person flat and one 8/9 (+ resident tutor flat) person flat - on the first floor two 12 person flats - on the second floor two 6 person flats. (If it interests anyone i'm the resident tutor for Block 7 (Flats 37->42)) Rooms are allocated by the resident staff of that block (which has happened already) based on the blurb you put on your personal statement and essentially we've matched people up who we think might get on, or have some preference for being in a single sex flat, or have some other reason to be allocated a particular area (disabled ground floor for instance). Note that Tocil is split into postgrad and undergrad blocks - everyone in your block will be at the same stage as you.

All the best, see you hopefully at the weekend (and join the facebook group - here!) - Murray

So, as what happened in my flat, all the white people in one corridor, all the foreign/non-english named people in the other. We applied as a group of 7 and the only brown in our group got put in the foreign corridor...

Latest