Lancaster
Visit website

Lancaster University - Ask our Admissions Team

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little red rock
Hi,

Your website says that for Philosophy;

"Offers normally include General Studies if it is taken as a fourth A level"
What does this mean? Will an offer specify four grades, including General Studies?

Hello,

Where a student is studying four A Levels in total (including General Studies), General Studies can be included as one of the best three grades, it would be these best three grades that would count towards meeting any offer made.

Alice Harpley | Undergraduate Admissions Officer

Lancaster University
E: [email protected]
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Thank You Alice,

I understand that philosophy is not one of the subjects that makes unconditional offers. Is that correct? Are you able to tell me why, or whether that practice may change?
Original post by little red rock
Thank You Alice,

I understand that philosophy is not one of the subjects that makes unconditional offers. Is that correct? Are you able to tell me why, or whether that practice may change?

Philosophy is taught within the wider department of Politics, Philosophy and Religion. The department are currently taking part in the unconditional offer scheme, it looks like the department have not been added to the list given on the website; I'll make sure this is updated.

Lancaster University
Hi Lancaster,

I've firmed my offer for Biochemistry here under the conditions of achieving AB at A-level plus DM at BTEC, however due to extenuating circumstances (familial issues and long-term severe sickness) which I contacted the admissions team about earlier in the year, it is likely I will only achieve BB or BC at A-level (which are my predicted grades). However, I have just completed my BTEC and achieved D*D* and an A in my extended project qualification.
I am really concerned that even though I have enough UCAS points and have exceeded my predicted grade of my BTEC, my A-level results will let me down.

Please can you give me guidance on what the likely outcome of my current offer is with these grades? It will just give me some peace of mind either way so I'm not continuously anxious about it until my results.
Many thanks!
Hello, Do you know what the clearing grades will be for management and IT? (2016 Entry), if not, what were the past grade requirements in clearing? since i wanna know if I've still got a chance after doing my exams Thanks
Reply 1045
Hello there, I am intended to apply for MSc Finance and MSc Advanced Financial Analysis, I knew its late to apply now, so I was wondering is there any places left for these two programmes?
Reply 1046
Hi,
I´ve already sent my results to [email protected], but they ask me for an official copy of my Titulo de Bachiller (spanish qualification). I have sent the original PDF from my school´s website, how do I prove that it is the official document?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1047
Hi,
I have already sent my results to [email protected] but they ask me for an official copy of my Titulo de Bachiller (spanish qualification). I sent the official PDF from my school´s website, do I have to send it via mail? How do I prove that it is official?
Original post by STEMfit
Hi Lancaster,

I've firmed my offer for Biochemistry here under the conditions of achieving AB at A-level plus DM at BTEC, however due to extenuating circumstances (familial issues and long-term severe sickness) which I contacted the admissions team about earlier in the year, it is likely I will only achieve BB or BC at A-level (which are my predicted grades). However, I have just completed my BTEC and achieved D*D* and an A in my extended project qualification.
I am really concerned that even though I have enough UCAS points and have exceeded my predicted grade of my BTEC, my A-level results will let me down.

Please can you give me guidance on what the likely outcome of my current offer is with these grades? It will just give me some peace of mind either way so I'm not continuously anxious about it until my results.
Many thanks!

Hello,

What I would advise, if you have not done it already, is to contact the A Level examining boards; they can then take into account your circumstances.

You have done the right thing in contacting the University at an early stage, a note will have been made on your application as a result. In the past, where applicants have narrowly missed entry grades, some have still been accepted to their chosen course or a suitable alternative; unfortunately we cannot guarantee this year on year.

When A Level results are released we will have a team of staff available from 6am onward to discuss applications and the next steps. Details of how to contact the Admissions Office during this period will be available via the University website in the days preceding A Level result release.

Lancaster University
Original post by Aaron_1
Hello, Do you know what the clearing grades will be for management and IT? (2016 Entry), if not, what were the past grade requirements in clearing? since i wanna know if I've still got a chance after doing my exams Thanks

Hello,

We don't yet know what courses will be available via Adjustment and Clearing, similarly we don't yet know what grades will be required. Typically this information will be published early on A Level results day via the University website.

For 2015 Adjustment and Clearing entry Management and IT BSc Hons (GN52) required BBB and a minimum of GCSE Maths and English grade C.

Lancaster University
Original post by GxT
Hello there, I am intended to apply for MSc Finance and MSc Advanced Financial Analysis, I knew its late to apply now, so I was wondering is there any places left for these two programmes?

Hello,

I advise you get in touch with the postgraduate Management School admissions team, they would be happy to advise you further. You can contact the team directly via email on [email protected].

Lancaster University
Original post by GBZ
Hi,
I have already sent my results to [email protected] but they ask me for an official copy of my Titulo de Bachiller (spanish qualification). I sent the official PDF from my school´s website, do I have to send it via mail? How do I prove that it is official?

Hello,

Typically the University requires official and final confirmation of your school qualifications from the awarding body, whether this is a governmental or state body or the school or college. Do you get a final hard copy document confirming your overall final grades? if so I would recommend sending this document. If this is not something you will receive please email [email protected] and let the Admissions Officers know, they will be happy to get back to you with further advice and guidance.

Lancaster University
Hi

I applied to physics bsc course and got an offer of aaa, having finished my exams i believe i will end up with aab or aac, with the b/c being in maths.

I realise this wont be enough to get onto the physics course. But is there any chance of being offered a place on the mechanical or bioengineering course instead? My insurance choice is bbb for foundation year physics at manchester but i would much rather get straight into a full course rather than an extra year of foundation as i am a mature student, and while i applied to physics because i enjoyed the subject so much at a level, my initial plan was to get into engineering anyway.

I also realise how vital maths is for physics and maths but i feel my grade in the subject isnt a true representation of my ability in the subject as it was pressure/fatigue during the exam that caused me to mess up the last core 4 exam rather than actual ability. I was wondering if there are any exams tests i can do over the summer to prove my ability in the subject?

Thanks in advance for any response

Dan
Original post by philo-jitsu
Hi

I applied to physics bsc course and got an offer of aaa, having finished my exams i believe i will end up with aab or aac, with the b/c being in maths.

I realise this wont be enough to get onto the physics course. But is there any chance of being offered a place on the mechanical or bioengineering course instead? My insurance choice is bbb for foundation year physics at manchester but i would much rather get straight into a full course rather than an extra year of foundation as i am a mature student, and while i applied to physics because i enjoyed the subject so much at a level, my initial plan was to get into engineering anyway.

I also realise how vital maths is for physics and maths but i feel my grade in the subject isnt a true representation of my ability in the subject as it was pressure/fatigue during the exam that caused me to mess up the last core 4 exam rather than actual ability. I was wondering if there are any exams tests i can do over the summer to prove my ability in the subject?

Thanks in advance for any response

Dan

Hello Dan,

In the past where applicants have narrowly missed the entry criteria listed within their offer there has still been a good chance of being accepted to their chosen course. This was certainly the case last year but unfortunately cannot be guaranteed year on year.

If you would like to be considered for an alternative degree subject, should you not be placed in your chosen subject area, please do email [email protected]; the admissions team will then make a note on your application.

There are no university based Maths admission tests. If you do have any questions about your application when your results are released, please do contact us. You can contact the Confirmation, Adjustment and Clearing team directly via telephone from 6am on results day, details of how to contact the team will be posted to the university website main pages in the days preceding A level results release.

Lancaster University
Hi,
What are the chances for getting into Lancaster Medical School for a resit that has As at GCSE and predicted A*A*A with a UKCAT score of 750.
Many Thanks
Reply 1055
Original post by anissabir95
Hi,
What are the chances for getting into Lancaster Medical School for a resit that has As at GCSE and predicted A*A*A with a UKCAT score of 750.
Many Thanks

Not the Lancaster team, but almost 100% I'd imagine, as long as one of those is biology or chemistry and the rest aren't dance/drama.
Original post by anissabir95
Hi,
Many Thanks

Hello,

Please take a look at Lancaster Medical School's resit policy.

Lancaster University
H Alice,

My son is considering applying to study BA Philosophy next year. He has just received his A/S results. He has an A in History, a B in Biology, a D in Maths (which he will now drop) but an E in Philosophy, which was a nasty shock. He also has As in General Studies at A/S and at A2. He would like to know if his E in Philosophy As is likely to make applying a waste of time.

Thanks

LRR
is there a freshers group on facebook to join??
Hello,

I am a current Y12 student about to start Y13 in a few weeks. I have been predicted A*AB and wish to go to Lancaster Medical school. However, I read that the entrance requirements are AAA. Therefore, I logged into student room and researched which universities I could apply to and talked to successful Lancaster entrants who said I may still be able to apply. I was just wondering, if anyone had gone onto the next selection procedure, and not rejected straightaway with A*AB, and if it has happened, how many people have been accepted with A*AB.
Thanks in advance,
Student2017

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending