The Student Room Group

Irritable bowel syndrome help & awareness

Scroll to see replies

This is a great thread and I don't want to take it to an odd topic, but does anybody experience painful sex with their IBS (female btw)? Or irregular and/ or painful periods for that matter.
I realised I had IBS after being tested for gynocological issues, but surgery showed that my lady bits are absolutely fine. Doctors, through a process of elimination, came to the conclusion of IBS.
Basic management is fine most of the time (Buscopan), but i'm scared to try sex again since it is always so painful.

If anybody has any experience or advice it would really help me out. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I think I may have IBS. I wasn't sure because I'd had no stomach pain in months, but I've had a stomach ache three times in the past couple of days. This seems to be a pattern for me, and luckily I have periods of no pain which meant that I put off going to my GP. Any advice?

I can go long times without pain too. I put off seeing a doctor for ages cos I didn't know if it was anything important. It was actually because of something else it got noticed. I suggest you just go see a doctor and find out. Try thinking of anything that might trigger it too (like certian foods or stress).

Quick Reply

Latest