The Student Room Group

Dropping a subject after UCAS application?

Ok.
I decided to take on 4 subjects at A level, as at the time, I really enjoyed them and thought that my increased ucas points would be a high.

However, I have received an offer for 3 grades, xxx, including 2 subjects that I will keep. The grades are not subject specific but must include the 2 subjects.

I really want to drop the 4th subject as the coursework is taking far too much of my time which would be better spent studying.

Can I drop the 4th subject even though I have already sent off my UCAS form?

Thanks very much.
Reply 1
I usually "search" before but was unfortunate.
Reply 3
I believe so. I'm not entirely sure and hopefully someone with experience can give a more accurate answer but phoning UCAS (with your ID) and asking them to remove/ammend your application could be the way.
I expect you can drop it but you should email the universities to inform them which subject you are dropping because this may affect offers...
Reply 5
Yeh, I think it is the best decision.
I just really don't want want my offer getting withdrawn.
Reply 6
HI , how did this go for you, I am considering. doing the same but am afraid of offers getting revoked
Original post by niyati04
HI , how did this go for you, I am considering. doing the same but am afraid of offers getting revoked

You need to get the agreement (in writing) from your universities that dropping the qualification won't affect your offer.

When they agree and you have evidence of that then you need to notify UCAS of the change: https://www.ucas.com/forms/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

When UCAS have amended your application you then need to notify your universities that your qualifications have been amended (as previously agreed).

Latest