The Student Room Group

Queens University Belfast Medicine Apps 2012 :D

Scroll to see replies

Original post by groovyangel2008
I applied to Liverpool (4 year) too!
They requested for my degree certificates, thts the only thing i've heard from them! How come the five year course at QUB is your first choice?

I'm from NI so it would be cheaper for me to go to QUB than to study in England...a four year course would be a dream though!
Original post by Rascal2011
I'm from NI so it would be cheaper for me to go to QUB than to study in England...a four year course would be a dream though!

Oh okay I see.Yeah a four year course would be a dream for me too!
Did liverpool ask for your degree certificate btw, I don't know whether to take it as a good or bad sign..
Original post by groovyangel2008
Oh okay I see.Yeah a four year course would be a dream for me too!
Did liverpool ask for your degree certificate btw, I don't know whether to take it as a good or bad sign..

Nope they didn't ask me...but if I were you I'd take it as a good sign :smile:
Reply 143
Has anyone received an interview from queens yet? they are doing the MMIs on the 16th,19th,20th of december and 22nd of february and all offers should be received by the end of march. If we are being called to interview how much notice do you think we will be given - also does anybody know is your interview day random (tryin to figure out what the 22nd of february is there for? any ideas?)
Reply 144
Original post by Doctor2b
Has anyone received an interview from queens yet? they are doing the MMIs on the 16th,19th,20th of december and 22nd of february and all offers should be received by the end of march. If we are being called to interview how much notice do you think we will be given - also does anybody know is your interview day random (tryin to figure out what the 22nd of february is there for? any ideas?)

Wonder when the interview letters would come out for 16-20th December
Reply 145
Original post by os93
Wonder when the interview letters would come out for 16-20th December

thats what id like to know - they would have to give us some time to organise ourselves. Also my postman delivers likke 10 days after everyone else which could prove problematic, hope they also sen out interview emails. still tryin to figure out the purpose of the interviews on the 22nd Feb (it seems a long time away from december to be doing just one day) for one of the specific groups maybe? i.e. international, reapplicant, graduate...etc...:confused:
Reply 146

thats what id like to know - they would have to give us some time to organise ourselves. Also my postman delivers likke 10 days after everyone else which could prove problematic, hope they also sen out interview emails. still tryin to figure out the purpose of the interviews on the 22nd Feb (it seems a long time away from december to be doing just one day) for one of the specific groups maybe? i.e. international, reapplicant, graduate...etc...:confused:

I'd say the 22nd Feb interviews are for those that they would consider to be just on the borderline pointswise, so that if you don't get an interview in December that you wouldn't loose all hope cos you'd still have the chance to get one. I'm certainly hoping that anyway :biggrin:!
Reply 147
Could the 22nd Feb interview day be for those applying from outside of NI as people could need notice to book a ferry/flight? Just a thought!
Reply 148
Just out of interest what scores have people got out of 42.
Hey...I have 41-what about you?
Reply 150
39, better be enough. Isn't rascal a bollywood movie
Reply 151
I think I have 42, it's the MMI I'm worried about.
Reply 152
Is there any way to set up an anomalous poll for points like the GCSE one on Cardiffs page? Just a thought, seeing as I'm technologically inept and wouldn't for the life of me know how to set it up :redface: :smile:
Reply 153
I have 42 as well :smile:
hmm i made the thread so im guessing im the one with the power to do that?

......anyone know how you go about doing that? lmao
Okay so i have no idea
Original post by hello786
39, better be enough. Isn't rascal a bollywood movie

Just think positive :-)
Reply 157
i have 39 points hoping its enough (i need an interview) im sooo bored waiting.
Reply 158
I'm sure 39 will be enough :-) its only used to get you an interview then they re-rank you based on your MMI score (which is essentially a communication skills OSCE) so unless you say the key words/phases they are looking for, you don't get the points. It's tricky enough like. Especially as you can't really plan for it! I know quite a few people last year who didn't get through it :-(

Shout out for the grad applicants :-)
Reply 159
Can someone could tell me how points are allocated for highers, Personal Statement, references etc. If someone could help me I would be greatful.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest