The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Feb 2012 W100 people over here!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I'm signed up for W100 in Feb too - a bit of a wild step for me, as it's going towards a free choice component of a computing degree!
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Kyr
I know Guildford, it's reasonably local to me and I did my LPC at the CoL there :smile:

How did you find them?

I keep meaning to ask them exactly how much I can use them during this. I know the LLB is in conjunction with the CoL & as I'm literally 10 minutes from there it would be fab if I could use their recources & lecturers. And join in their socials if they have any!
Reply 42
Lots of emails coming through lately! Apparently they tried to call me the other day but they must have my old number, must call back.

Getting exciting now!
Reply 43
Hi folks

just joined TSR and registered for W100 a while back. Not studied for 25yrs and pretty apprehensive about the whole study thing! Using Harvard Referencing in my TMA's etc has put me off a little!! LOL

Anyway, when should I expect my course stuff?

Happy New Year

JOHN
Hey everyone

I'm Claire-Louise, 21 years old & starting W100 in Feb.

Just looking to make some new friends etc so we can help each other out :smile:
Original post by jgrattigan
Hi folks

just joined TSR and registered for W100 a while back. Not studied for 25yrs and pretty apprehensive about the whole study thing! Using Harvard Referencing in my TMA's etc has put me off a little!! LOL

Anyway, when should I expect my course stuff?

Happy New Year

JOHN

Sometime soon :smile:

Good luck with your studies :smile:
Reply 46
Welcome Claire-Louise

I've just checked my OU page and I am reliably informed that all the course stuff will be sent out on 13 January.

Happy days!! :biggrin::eek:

J
Welcome Claire-Louise

I've just checked my OU page and I am reliably informed that all the course stuff will be sent out on 13 January.

J

Oh useful info, thanks. :smile:
Original post by clairelou90
Hey everyone

I'm Claire-Louise, 21 years old & starting W100 in Feb.

Just looking to make some new friends etc so we can help each other out :smile:

Hey, I'm the same, 21 and starting W100 in Feb...really looking forward to it :smile:

Good luck with your studies
Original post by puddingandpie
Hey, I'm the same, 21 and starting W100 in Feb...really looking forward to it :smile:

Good luck with your studies

You too!! :smile:

Nice to meet someone my own age, where about's are you?
I'm in the south, hampshire. How about you?

What made you decide to start studying with the OU?
Reply 51
Not sure if I'll get in trouble for posting a Facebook link, however there's about 40 of us from the 2012 February W100 on a Facebook group and there is some very good discussion and debate going on which you are all more than welcome to join :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/218162944920330/

There's also a general Open Uni law group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/5539009197/

Both are run and administrated by students on the course, and are friendly informative places
Original post by 92matt
Not sure if I'll get in trouble for posting a Facebook link, however there's about 40 of us from the 2012 February W100 on a Facebook group and there is some very good discussion and debate going on which you are all more than welcome to join :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/218162944920330/

There's also a general Open Uni law group

http://www.facebook.com/groups/5539009197/

Both are run and administrated by students on the course, and are friendly informative places

Thanks for the links, might have to consider reactivating my Facebook.
Hi, Im starting the W100 in feb!! :smile:
Cant wait.
I own a bazillion law books already, although have not dared to read any of them.
Just read some stuff on the learning space for the course. Doesnt seem too bad, so really pleased.

Im 28 and from Ipswich, suffolk.
welcome & good luck :smile:
Reply 55
Hello all. I too am starting W100. Nice to meet you all.
Howdy fellow W100er's.
Apprehensively awaiting course materials. Can't wait to get started.
Good luck to ya's all.
Welcome Claire-Louise

J

Hi J. I was just wondering how we get into our OU page, as mine's just always takes me to 'My Account'?

Cheers in advance.
Reply 58
Original post by bottleandahalf
Hi J. I was just wondering how we get into our OU page, as mine's just always takes me to 'My Account'?

Cheers in advance.

Click on the Module and it will take you for a page which you can then go onto the Forums, Dispatch etc.
Reply 59
Oooh I'm so excited! Had a call yesterday to just let me know materials will be sent out on the 13th, lecture details & tutor details coming soon, grant money will be creditted to account etc etc.

She said the materials come in a BIG box & it looks scarey. She said leave it all in the box, just take out what you need when you need it as it's far too terrifying if you try to get it all out! :biggrin:

Lectures are all in the evening or a Saturday (really doesn't help me as a single mum with no childcare!! Would be far easier in the days while she's at school!) once every 4-6 weeks & I'm hoping they'll be local, I'm very close to a College Of Law so fingers crossed...

Can't wait! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest