The Student Room Group

Primary Education 2012 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Swords N Thorns
Out of interest, what did all of you guys study at A level? :3

Chemistry Maths and Biology
Original post by laurabadleg
Did anybody have an interview last week for Primary Ed at Bishop Grosseteste in Lincoln?
If so, have you heard back anything yet?
It said on the letter that we'd know within 10 days...

Yess i heard back yesterday got an offer!! But you know it was supposed to be 220 ucas points mine says 280?!? Not sure why??
Original post by Jlzrd
Hi Laura! Yeah, I had an interview there last Wednesday. I thought it said 7-10 days too, so I've been nervously checking my emails every half hour since Wednesday morning. Checked it earlier though and it's 7-10 working days, so hopefully it'll be early next week. :smile:

Hey yeah i have been the same!! Have you heard by now? I got an offer :biggrin: But on the conditions it says 280 ucas points even though its supposed to be 220?? Any idea's why?? I did maths chemistry and biology :s-smilie:
Reply 1283
Original post by vkirby
yeahhh same for me, well mine was on the 17th, they said they'd get back at the end of february though :/ hmmmmm

Me too! Mine was on the 19th Jan and I haven't heard back yet either :/ I sent an email and they said that they were aiming to let everyone know by the end on February... they haven't achieved that aim it seems! :P
Original post by laurenmartin92
Congrats, I received my offer in November, can't wait to start!
Is it going to be your firm choice?

Wow, you heard a while ago! Still, congratulations to you too :smile: It's my firm choice too. Really excited. Hoping to meet some people before I go, so I'm slightly less terrified on the first day :biggrin:

Original post by beth1406
Well done on your offer! When did you have your interview? I had one at Winchester on the 22nd February, didn't think it went all that great but was just wondering how long they took to get back to you? :smile:

Thanks! I had my interview on the 22nd as well. I heard back on 2nd March, which was far earlier than I expected, since they said it could take up to six weeks! I wouldn't worry though, plenty of time yet. Good luck! Let me know if you get your offer :smile:
Reply 1285
Original post by izzie.
Me too! Mine was on the 19th Jan and I haven't heard back yet either :/ I sent an email and they said that they were aiming to let everyone know by the end on February... they haven't achieved that aim it seems! :P

tell me about it!! it's the typical waiting game... which I hate! It was my first interview though, so i'm not expecting to get an offer at all, I just don't like not knowing! Then again, no news is good news! Apparently they got back to people who they wanted to reject pretty soon after the interview, so I'm past stage 1!
Reply 1286
Original post by laurabadleg
I've got a conditional offer from BG. They've put up the points to 280 though! Have you heard back?

Nope not yet. Getting quite worried now though and just wish they'd let me know. I'm not even sure I remember how many points I have... why would they increase them now? :/ I'm fairly sure I have 280 though. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow!

edit: just checked, should be fine. they do count AS grades right?
(edited 12 years ago)
hi everyone!

i was just wondering if anyone was like me, still waiting for winchester to get back to them. I havent had an interview or anything and i sent my application in the 2nd week on decemeber! starting to get a little worried!!

Thanks!
I have an interview for Brighton 5-11 today! So nervous and my voice is going :frown: don't know anyone who is having an interview for Brighton today as most I've seen had one in January or something :/
I have an interview at Kingston for primary ed (Maths), Middlesex for primary ed and Bishop Grosseteste in Lincoln for education and maths in the next two weeks and I have no idea what to expect, can anyone help me please.. Any help will be muchly appreciated.
Original post by Jem_x
I was offered a place last Friday. Have decided to reject it though as it is just too far away from home and the entry requirements would have been a bit of a gamble. Hope you get a place! x

Omg well done you! Even though you aren’t taking the offer, it is still really good to be given a place by durham!! :biggrin: You should feel very proud of yourself!
I see where your coming from though, durhams ideal for me coz its like half an hour away from me!! But the entry requirements are high! That’s the down side! :/
Thankyou, I really hope I get a place too! When I hear from them, I will post their decision on here, so look out! :tongue:
Where have you decided on then? Whats gonna be your firm and insurance? :smile: xx
Reply 1291
Original post by ABrankin1
Thanks! I had my interview on the 22nd as well. I heard back on 2nd March, which was far earlier than I expected, since they said it could take up to six weeks! I wouldn't worry though, plenty of time yet. Good luck! Let me know if you get your offer :smile:

I heard from them on Monday actually, got a conditional offer :biggrin: i think i'm gonna put it as my insurance :smile:
Reply 1292
Received my unconditional offer from BG today so I'm so happy. :smile: Been dying to check all day but I've been at work, was starting to think I was never gonna get the email!
Original post by Katiecollins
I have an interview for Brighton 5-11 today! So nervous and my voice is going :frown: don't know anyone who is having an interview for Brighton today as most I've seen had one in January or something :/

Sorry it's late, but good luck on Brighton today. It was my favourite interview by far and the Falmer campus is lovely! I hope you enjoy/ed your day, I'm still waiting on an offer and had mine on 29th Feb, hoping to hear back soon. Good luck again, hope you get an offer! Let me know what you thought of the day :smile:
Original post by beth1406
I heard from them on Monday actually, got a conditional offer :biggrin: i think i'm gonna put it as my insurance :smile:

Well done on your offer! I'm still waiting to hear :frown:
Original post by RachaelAdorkable
Sorry it's late, but good luck on Brighton today. It was my favourite interview by far and the Falmer campus is lovely! I hope you enjoy/ed your day, I'm still waiting on an offer and had mine on 29th Feb, hoping to hear back soon. Good luck again, hope you get an offer! Let me know what you thought of the day :smile:

Thank you! There were people far better than me but I hope I've done enough as its the best I could do! Biggggg place and very confusing but lots of signs which were helpful :tongue: fingers crossed you hear soon! I cant wait I wish we knew there and then :frown:
Original post by Jlzrd
Received my unconditional offer from BG today so I'm so happy. :smile: Been dying to check all day but I've been at work, was starting to think I was never gonna get the email!

well done!! what kind of things were you expected to do for your interview?
Reply 1297
Original post by Emilie146
hi everyone!

i was just wondering if anyone was like me, still waiting for winchester to get back to them. I havent had an interview or anything and i sent my application in the 2nd week on decemeber! starting to get a little worried!!

Thanks!

I am still waiting to hear back too although I sent my application just before the deadline! I've heard they take some time to get back to people so hopefully they will get in touch soon! What age group have you applied for? xxx
Reply 1298
Original post by laurenmartin92
Congrats, I received my offer in November, can't wait to start!
Is it going to be your firm choice?

Well done on getting your offer!! What is Winchester like? ? xx
Original post by amyzhu149
hi emma,

ive got an interview but it clashed with my edge hill one so ive requested another one?

how was it? and what topic did you choose to talk about?

many thanks.
amy :smile:

Hey :smile: I chose to talk about the healthy eating topic. The interview was good, they give you the results of the tests that you do in your individual interview so you can see how you did and what you need to improve on which is helpful :smile: The clip we watched was of a class being taught and you had to say in your group what was good/bad about the teaching methods etc

Quick Reply

Latest