Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury PGCE 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by airlife
Aye, I'm waiting a while until I send off the Health Questionnaire in order to be counted within the three month time limit it has. As for finance, I'm not sure when I need to start applying for a loan to cover tuition payment. :s-smilie:

do it now. I´ve already done mine and have had the money awarded! best to do it asap because if its late they might pay late!
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by clocks
hi, congrats! i have an interview for this course in the next couple of weeks, did you have a languages test as part of the interview day?

There is no language test, the primary languages students do the same interviews and tests as all the primary applicants! :smile:

Also, there is now no placement abroad because there is no funding!

Good luck at interview! What language are you doing it with?
Reply 42
Anyone give helpful hints and tips for the secondary pgce interviews?!

Also how long does it take to get from Canterbury West Railway Station to the university campus?
Reply 43
Original post by Ecowatcher
Anyone give helpful hints and tips for the secondary pgce interviews?!

Also how long does it take to get from Canterbury West Railway Station to the university campus?

You're looking at a 15/20 minute walk through the highstreet. I'd personally try to get into Canterbury with 30 minutes to spare from the stations at least.

Also, anyone else sent off their placement form yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 44
The information for secondary is on the website now. Have to do a week in a primary school before September too.

What area are people thinking of living in, I'm not familiar with Kent.
Reply 45
Aye, I know about the placements but I'm curious as to whether anyone has sent off the placement form yet. I'd send it off today, but I'm concerned about whether I need to put in a student ID number on the form or not (there's a box on the front, top right corner); trouble is, I don't have a student ID yet. :s-smilie:
Reply 46
Original post by carolyn123
I have sorted out finance, was relatively pain free! Not done health questionnaire yet, think we have to leave that until about 3 months before course starts otherwise may be asked to do it again. I am sure I read that somewhere!

Hi i'm also doing primary pgce in September. Has everyone applied for finance then? I was told I couldn't apply until April!:s-smilie: haven't recieved any health questionaire either. Only crb form.
Hey I was told it was April that you could start applying for finance...I am an eu student tho ( Irish) doing a Pgce English media and drama 2012-2013...also Crb does that have to be filled out now as I am not def on Canterbury yet...I know health questionaire no point until june.
Reply 48
Original post by [email protected]
Hey I was told it was April that you could start applying for finance...I am an eu student tho ( Irish) doing a Pgce English media and drama 2012-2013...also Crb does that have to be filled out now as I am not def on Canterbury yet...I know health questionaire no point until june.

CRB should be done asap because it takes a while to process, and student finance can be applied for now whether you are an EU, home or international student. In fact, they recommend you apply as early as possible to avoid late payments to you etc.

Here´s the link if you don´t have it : http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Typesoffinance/index.htm

Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by sarajane85
do it now. I´ve already done mine and have had the money awarded! best to do it asap because if its late they might pay late!

Yes I have had myloan confirmed and it is all in place for September now. Best to get it out of the way early then you can cross it off the to do list!
Is anyone doing the pgce 5-11 a mature student like me? You are all younger than I am and I am beginning to feel quite old now!!
Reply 50
Original post by carolyn123
Yes I have had myloan confirmed and it is all in place for September now. Best to get it out of the way early then you can cross it off the to do list!
Is anyone doing the pgce 5-11 a mature student like me? You are all younger than I am and I am beginning to feel quite old now!!

Well I´m going to be 27 when i start the course.. does that count as mature student? :smile:
Reply 51
I shall be 31!
Reply 52
Hi, I also have a place on the Secondary PGCE in Geography starting in 2012, also looking for people to live with. If anyone is in same situation then please add me.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=508472087
Original post by airlife
Aye, I know about the placements but I'm curious as to whether anyone has sent off the placement form yet. I'd send it off today, but I'm concerned about whether I need to put in a student ID number on the form or not (there's a box on the front, top right corner); trouble is, I don't have a student ID yet. :s-smilie:

I haven't sent it off yet either because of this. I studied at CCCU so I don't know whether I will keep the same ID after a year away or get a new one... :confused:
Reply 54
Original post by albionlegend
I haven't sent it off yet either because of this. I studied at CCCU so I don't know whether I will keep the same ID after a year away or get a new one... :confused:

Aye, annoying isn't it? I'd rather get mine sent off asap, but alas I'm heading off to the continent in a few weeks and I won't be back till June.

Alas, I haven't studied at CCCU so I don't have an ID. Perhaps you could give them a ring and find out if you can use your old ID?
Reply 55
Well I´m going to be 27 when i start the course.. does that count as mature student? :smile:

I am still older than you both though!
Reply 56
hey everyone, i've just had my pgce primary (3-7) interview there on wed 14th march. wasn't as bad as i though it was going to be more like a discussion rather than an interview (def liked that type of an interview better than the very formal this is the question and we have an answer that you have to give us or your wrong). How long does it take for a response? and does everyone have to do the inital placement and does that happen the 1/2 weeks in sept. its just i work as a classroom assistant (TA) in a SEN school and would have o work it round work if its at the end of this school year.

I'm from northern ireland and don't no canterbury or what most people are doing next year living wise. Are there rooms on campus or do most people stay in rented houses? would be great to hear from others on or hoping to get onto the course.
Rach xo
Reply 57
Original post by RES88

I'm from northern ireland and don't no canterbury or what most people are doing next year living wise. Are there rooms on campus or do most people stay in rented houses? would be great to hear from others on or hoping to get onto the course.
Rach xo

Hey Rachel! It took them a day to reply to me, but ive heard it can also take up to 14 days too so I guess it depends!

Most people stay in rented houses as I dont think there are any provisions for PGCE students to liv on campus.

The preliminary placement it necessary though we get given a booklet we have to fill out I believe!
Hellooo :smile: Primary (5-11) here! :biggrin:

I've sorted out my finance - just wanted to get it out the way! Really want to find out my Student ID no. so I can sort the placement out as well.

Is anyone else having trouble getting work experience at schools? No school has replied to my letter, and when I've rung up about it, I just get "Oh, we'll get back to you." And then they don't :/
Reply 59
There is no language test, the primary languages students do the same interviews and tests as all the primary applicants! :smile:

Also, there is now no placement abroad because there is no funding!

Good luck at interview! What language are you doing it with?

Hey, thanks, I just got an offer! It is a shame about the lack of placement abroad though! I'm doing it with French, how about you?

Quick Reply

Latest