The Student Room Group

Doctor who helped CIA find Bin Laden jailed for 30 years by Pakistan for treason

Scroll to see replies

Dude - People need to speed up and elect Imraan Khan as President. And god the bull**** on the forum is amazing.
Like North Korea greatly state "America should keep out their noses to themselves".

Russias great statement "We knew America would go on their democracy campaign"

LOL - Putin is legend - wait for it - dary.
Original post by Dragoon87687587
Dude - People need to speed up and elect Imraan Khan as President. And god the bull**** on the forum is amazing.

"Dude" seriously how old are you, you sound 12.
You obviously dont live in pakistan, we are talking about a country in which an international touring cricket team (Sri Lanka) was almost murdered in the street by heavily armed islamic terrorists, who all escaped without a shot being fired at them. To date noone has ever been caught or charged.. But still it has been able to jail a doctor for 30 years :rolleyes:
Terrorism has killed a lot of innocent people in Pakistan not just in the USA. The reason they had to invade the country violate its sovereignty is because the Pakistan army could not be trusted to capture him. It would never happen in USA or the uk because we would not harbour an international terrorist and fail to arrest them.
Reply 44
Original post by JJames
I read that as Doctor Who helped CIA find Bin Laden. (It's been a long day)

I hope he does get granted citizenship though.

LOL me too!
Original post by Steevee
It's Pakistan, what do you expect? It's hard to find a more duplicitous nation on this Earth.

Please think again before making such statements which are extremely harsh and offensive to other Pakistani's.

The USA promise to help Pakistan fight the terrorists in the border next to Afghanistan. I have visited these areas and spoke to the locals there. These so called terrorists have the latest American weapons (superior than the Pakistani Army) and they do not have Pakistani Rupees, they have US Dollars! Every other day the US drop drones in villages full of innocent people. Sometimes they have droned weddings and funerals. There have been more than 250 "accidental" drone attacks which have killed approximately 3000 innocent Pakistani's. And i am only counting the official statistics between 2005-2012 May , of course there will be more than that. Just 4 hours ago 5 people died because of another US drone attack. Pakistani soldiers are killed by "friendly fire".
Coming to Bin Laden, the most wanted man in the world is caught in Pakistan by USA and in stead of showing the world his body like they did with Saddam Hussein, they just throw it in the sea? And any professional photographer can tell you that the pictures of Bin Laden they showed, were photo shopped. Also, there is enough evidence to believe that the 9/11 attacks were self inflicted. Who is duplicitous?

I do not tag any country or their country men with a condescending or an offensive term.
Original post by abdullahmir10
Please think again before making such statements which are extremely harsh and offensive to other Pakistani's.

The USA promise to help Pakistan fight the terrorists in the border next to Afghanistan. I have visited these areas and spoke to the locals there. These so called terrorists have the latest American weapons (superior than the Pakistani Army) and they do not have Pakistani Rupees, they have US Dollars! Every other day the US drop drones in villages full of innocent people. Sometimes they have droned weddings and funerals. There have been more than 250 "accidental" drone attacks which have killed approximately 3000 innocent Pakistani's. And i am only counting the official statistics between 2005-2012 May , of course there will be more than that. Just 4 hours ago 5 people died because of another US drone attack. Pakistani soldiers are killed by "friendly fire".
Coming to Bin Laden, the most wanted man in the world is caught in Pakistan by USA and in stead of showing the world his body like they did with Saddam Hussein, they just throw it in the sea? And any professional photographer can tell you that the pictures of Bin Laden they showed, were photo shopped. Also, there is enough evidence to believe that the 9/11 attacks were self inflicted. Who is duplicitous?

I do not tag any country or their country men with a condescending or an offensive term.

Oh, here we go...
That's the only sentence you pointed out from all the facts?
Reply 48
Can someone explain to me how this is treason? Unless pakistan actually knew that bin laden was in their country?
Original post by Bellissima
so do you think it's just desserts and he deserves the sentence? he did not spy on pakistan, it was nothing related to his country. he gave information about the location of a foreign international fugitive, reknowned for killing 1000s, to the USA. treason is betraying one's country. this man did nothing against his country.

I think that's my interpretation as well to be honest - if he had been spying on Pakistan to help a US raid/attack on the Pakistani state (that was for e.g designed to bring about it's destruction or whatever) then I'd agree that would be treason, but in my opinion he did what you said in the quote, helped foreign forces track down a foreign criminal who had killed thousands, and who the Pakistanis claimed had no idea where he was (despite being very close to Pakistani military bases and so on)... I can understand the American actions if they wanted to catch/kill Bin Laden before he slipped away again if they did not believe their ally Pakistan was giving them all the story or worse, helping Bin Laden - hence why I don't understand the charges of Treason.
Original post by Guy Secretan
Terrorism has killed a lot of innocent people in Pakistan not just in the USA. The reason they had to invade the country violate its sovereignty is because the Pakistan army could not be trusted to capture him. It would never happen in USA or the uk because we would not harbour an international terrorist and fail to arrest them.

There have been lots of international terrorists and tyrants that have been welcomed in Britain with open arms. Seriously, how naive can you get...
Original post by Dragoon87687587
God - I'm so sick of listening to such hypocrites.

You guys still haven't apologised to india and the various crimes the empire have committed. There has NEVER been a formal apology, neither have you apologised to China for the Opium Wars. Talk about hypocrisy. There has never been an apology for TPAJAX Project - I could go on. In all honestly if Britain hadn't invaded and then partition the Sub-Continent we wouldn't even have theses atrocities. Do you have any idea how many people died during the partition. In india, muslims and hindus had co-existed for centuries. Yes - there were skirmishes but we didn't go wiping each other out like you like to make it out.

I got tired of listening to some of the none-sense people spout some times. People rarely seem to think carefully before they type - but I assume that's due to the fact most people don't know of all the worlds atrocities and everyone has an agenda.
Look at your own past before you criticise others. No country is perfect and admittedly many countries should apologies for their mistakes, but don't put other countries down - as we can just as easy turn to you and ask you where your apologies are.

How am I a hypocrite? I'm a Bengali myself so I know what I'm talking about. I realise that the British Empire was responsible for the partition of India but it was Pakistan who gave Bengalis hell on earth, first by spending a tenth of what they spent on West Pakistan on East Pakistan, secondly by trying to eliminate our language and then third, which was the final straw, killing 3 million of us and raping 300,000 of our women. The worst thing was that Bangladeshis were their brothers in faith and yet they treated us worse than animals. The British Empire does not exist, whereas Pakistan does still exist and it STILL hasn't apologised for its heinous crime. I can therefore have no respect for such a country.
Original post by silent ninja
There have been lots of international terrorists and tyrants that have been welcomed in Britain with open arms. Seriously, how naive can you get...

One of the biggest Pakistani terrorist - Altaf Hussain has been seeking asylum in London since 1992.
Reply 53
Original post by abdullahmir10

Bull****

Total Bull****. I know a lot of soldiers, many who have served in Afghanistan, and none of their tales tally with anything you have said, neither do official statistics or intelliigence. However, there is credible and widely known intelligence linking the ISS to the Pakistani and Afghan Taliban. Indeed I have heard numerous tales of Taliban fighters crossing the borders into Pakistan totally unmolested, despite Pakistanio authorities being alerted to crossing points.

Bring out these stats for show, or stop peddling your lies.
Reply 54
He helped kill a man who was in charge of an organisation that has carried out attacks on the US, UK Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Kenya and others. For Pakistan to claim that this is treason suggests that Osama Bin Laden was a part of the Pakistani state and his murder somehow damaged the country.
Original post by ChampEon
How am I a hypocrite? I'm a Bengali myself so I know what I'm talking about. I realise that the British Empire was responsible for the partition of India but it was Pakistan who gave Bengalis hell on earth, first by spending a tenth of what they spent on West Pakistan on East Pakistan, secondly by trying to eliminate our language and then third, which was the final straw, killing 3 million of us and raping 300,000 of our women. The worst thing was that Bangladeshis were their brothers in faith and yet they treated us worse than animals. The British Empire does not exist, whereas Pakistan does still exist and it STILL hasn't apologised for its heinous crime. I can therefore have no respect for such a country.

Five top leaders of Bangladesh’s largest Islamic party, Jamaat-e-Islami, are currently behind bars, pending trial for their alleged role as collaborators. Pakistan set up a tribunal to deal with all of those who collaborated with the Pakistani Army. Even then there still should do more to apologise, but it's not like Pakistan is denying it unlike Japan and Unit 731 - people and their double standards. Till this day Japan still denies Unit 731 existed despite overwhelming evidence. I mean ATLEAST Pakistan has done some and tried. What utter bull**** you spout. I'm not trying to defend Pakistan, but atleast accept they have are slowly but surely trying to make amends. It's not like Pakistan is in complete denial of it all. Though the should really firmly put it into the Pakistani education system. It's already taught in Pakistani schools, but not all the facts are conveyed.

East Pakistan no longer exists either - either way it's no excuse. The empire doesn't exist because. The British empire doesn't exist because it shrunk till it was redundant ( So that's more bull**** there)...

Dude - people chat so much crap on this site -_-
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Identifying Pakistan as duplicitous and corrupt isn't racist, it's just a fact; i have many Pakistani friends who agree. Why this comes as a surprise to anyone i'm not sure.
Original post by Dishoom-Dishoom
"Dude" seriously how old are you, you sound 12.
You obviously dont live in pakistan, we are talking about a country in which an international touring cricket team (Sri Lanka) was almost murdered in the street by heavily armed islamic terrorists, who all escaped without a shot being fired at them. To date noone has ever been caught or charged.. But still it has been able to jail a doctor for 30 years :rolleyes:

LOOOOOL - A 25 year old man feeding me this load of crap XD

Nobody has been "caught or charged"... LOL everything is solved by bullets right?

Ever consider firing bullets could actual escalate the situation and the best thing to do first is treat the wounded and get the cricket team out as fast as possible. The Sri Lankan team were then taken to the stadium and airlifted from the pitch via Pakistan Air Force Mil Mi-17 helicopters. Even if bullets weren't fired it doesn't really mean anything. You must be stupid if you think shooting solves everything. Every single member of the cricket team survived - I consider that a success and the main priority. Saving lives is far more important than killing people.

Police in Punjab arrested over 250 suspects, including 4 who were said to be 'prime suspects' - so you're obviously bull****ting.

Muhammad Faisal, had been arrested. Police also arrested Shahzad Babar. What the hell do you have against Pakistan that you're willing to lie to make yourself look better, you're insanely prejudice dude.
Punjab Police have arrested the alleged mastermind Aqeel and also another gunman Zubair, aka Naik Mohammad, of Zubair, aka Naik Mohammad.Police also arrested Shahzad Babar.

Unlike you I don't make up bull**** to make myself look good and hide my prejudices.

I mean US aid groups have complained that the bogus vaccination operation undermined their efforts "to eradicate polio, provide critical health services, and extend life-saving assistance during times of crisis" in Pakistan. The ruse may have fuelled fears, backed by religious extremists, that polio drops are a western conspiracy to sterilise the population. For the very least he should be trialed for providing false medical care. Which in itself is pretty serious. He was collecting DNA evidence and providing it to a foreign intelligence - we don't know what other forms of intelligence he may have gathered. It does nothing more but escalate the general populations fear. Also my father is an ex-pakistani politician (not a famous one, a minor one / he was part of the communist party who never really gained any power). I mean the bull**** you come up with to hide your prejudices is astounding. Pakistani public opinion is in favor of him being jailed, and the US should really keep their noses to themselves - they have a lot to answer for as well. Guantanamo Bay is still open, people who look of Asian descent are openly discriminated against at airports. This whole worlds messed up to be honest. It's just funny how people can openly criticize each other but don't even take a moment to look at themselves. Pakistan isn't perfect and has a long way to go - but stop bull****ting. I mean you sound like a propaganda machine. Next thing your going to be saying crap like Pakistanis are responsible for Ghandis death and crap like that. I mean it's obvious to me you don't know a great deal about pakistani or asian politics and culture or ever how the country works.

To be honest you guys live in a messed up world. I mean a lot of you guys actually support people being killed - wtf. I'm a complete pacifist so no matter what I don't believe killing people is the answer. It bloody inhuman how you can glorify and praise the deaths of other people. This isn't directed towards you, this is in general. That being said you do come across pretty ill-informed.

I don't go around actually using false facts. I admit pakistan has a long way too go, but for god sake - it's 60 yr old and had been created out of a bloody partition. Ever heard of FATA, which means that the pakistani government has very limited control over the tribal lands, which basically the reason why the taliban managed to get a foothold into Pakistan. The Taliban began to enter the country under the protection of the FATA which the Pakistani government do not control. Each area is controlled by tribal elders. A fair number of people on this site seem ignorant and uneducated on the matters they like to discuss - which is hilarious if your a procrastinator like me. I guess it's just modern day cultural ignorance.
Original post by Steevee
It's Pakistan, what do you expect? It's hard to find a more duplicitous nation on this Earth.

Or perhaps they value their national sovereignty. If there was a US terrorist within the USA and targeting Pakistan, and the US forces weren't able to find them, would it then be OK for Pakistan to start drone attacking the US?

It's the US who's an absolute hypocritical nation
Reply 59
Original post by de_monies
Or perhaps they value their national sovereignty. If there was a US terrorist within the USA and targeting Pakistan, and the US forces weren't able to find them, would it then be OK for Pakistan to start drone attacking the US?

It's the US who's an absolute hypocritical nation

You imply that Pakistan wasn't able to find Bin Laden.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending