The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samantha_Walker
It's a shame no ones being moved from reserves but I do wonder at what point is it too late to bring reserves in? If your getting kicked out because youve missed a few rehearsals but you've attended past rehearsals and it's cos they moved so fast you wouldn't be able to catch up how is it possible for a complete newbe to catch up?? There must be a point where reserves can't be brought in .....

No offence to anyone would love it for everyone to be able to it :-) it's a shame there's not enough places for everyone :-( It just crosse me mind

Fingures crossed reserves that some of you get called up :-D xxxxxxx

At my last rehearsal on Sunday, they told us that at this stage, no more reserves/understudy replacements will be taken on from now on, and if any more people drop out, the rest of us just have to adjust our spacing to fill in the gaps. However, I'm sure they were only referring to our specific section, which has been doing rehearsals for a long time, so anyone joining now would have little chance of catching up in time. I did still see one understudy though. And I expect other sections with less complex routines and have had fewer rehearsals will still be open to taking in reserves.
Reply 9381
Original post by Kit-Yan
I'm sitting on the bus in e London and there's an advert for brand new student accommodation in aldgate east (close to Liverpool st & stratford). Www.crm-students.com/the curve 0844 371 5660
There are also student digs in cordwainer street/ st Thomas' square, hackney. Also try what was formerly queen Mary & Westfield uni (now uni of e London I think). Close to Stratford and lots of halls in the vicinity. There's also student accommodation off Cambridge Heath road in bethnal green, but can't remember the name.
Failing all that and if anyone ever gets stuck/misses last train/plane home, my sofa in bethnal green is available for fellow performers to crash on.

Hi Thanks for the info unfortunatley I am not a student .. not beena for a while lol. That's very generous of you re the sofs, hope you dont get all 10,000 of us turn up lol
Another video, where you get to see the model a bit better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18411762
Original post by Olympian
Hi Thanks for the info unfortunatley I am not a student .. not beena for a while lol. That's very generous of you re the sofs, hope you dont get all 10,000 of us turn up lol

The Unis rent out the student accommodation, at very reasonable rates, during the holidays to anyone.
Reply 9384
I don't think I have any hope now as a Reserve for 44 :frown:

Ah, well, it looks amazing - everyone just enjoy it and know that us (non-used) Reserves in the wings, will be watching very closely - any wrong moves and we will shout loudly at the tv 'I could have done better than that!' No pressure or anything :wink:

(I am joking of course)
:tongue:
Reply 9385
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW
Another video, where you get to see the model a bit better

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18411762

I am soooo excited....its going to be fab!!! Just showed my youngest daughter and she thinks its so cool!!
Reply 9386
Original post by Olympian

They rent out rooms to Joe Public during holidays. I know someone on here has got a deal on the Hackney one:
http://www.arts.ac.uk/housing/summeraccommodation/cordwainerscourt/
Reply 9387
It's funny reading some of the comments on the BBC site re the green and pleasant site. Oh, if only they knew what happens once the scene has been set...
Original post by Kit-Yan
It's funny reading some of the comments on the BBC site re the green and pleasant site. Oh, if only they knew what happens once the scene has been set...

ah ha, I think this confirms something for me. I assume you're 44?
Reply 9389
Original post by Mandy_Panda
ah ha, I think this confirms something for me. I assume you're 44?

44 SUF ;-)
Reply 9390
Original post by Pinnerite
Gosh how generous of you Kit-Yan to offer that! Do you also have a TV next to the sofa in nearby Bethnal Green where the 1000 44ers can watch the end of the ceremony when we are bussed out after our 15 minutes of fame:biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

It was discussed on the way home from rehearsal at the weekend! Either that or the pub just outside the stadium/park. My husband and the kids will be having an Olympic party down in Brighton, so assuming we are ushered off site as soon as our bit is done (and that's the impression I've been given by our instructors, though I'd love it not to be the case) if we can't get into a local pub then it will be an 'all back to mine...' if we can jump on Boris Bikes or get a taxi.
Original post by Kit-Yan
44 SUF ;-)

I have to say, I cannot wait to see segment 44. It sounds immense from the random snippets I've heard about. It's going to be spectacular!!
Reply 9392
I have to say, I cannot wait to see segment 44. It sounds immense from the random snippets I've heard about. It's going to be spectacular!!

Yep, mum of students and I are chuffed to bits with our role. And when we see what the rest of the segment are doing it's going to be spectacular.
I do remember Toby telling us how the audience would be discombobulated when they came into the stadium and saw the scenery, so I wonder if this was an intended release, or whether they had to get ahead of a press leak?
I heard this opening ceremony is going to be ****e.

In comparison with the chinese opening ceremony, how bad is it?
no, seriously chicken, don't be! As far as us non 44s and public know, there's some grass and sheep. We have no real idea what you are doing, how you are interacting with the various props!! I have a funny feeling you are all doing more than sitting on a gate watching the cows in a field?! You've got some amazing secret surprises for us, right?! I'm so excited to see you guys!!!! Everyone will be!!!

Many Thanks Mandy - for giving me some much needed perspective,

Chicky :hello:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I heard this opening ceremony is going to be ****e.

In comparison with the chinese opening ceremony, how bad is it?

i wish i was so naive that i believe everything i hear.

Apparently the money spent on the ceremonies could have been used instead to cure every person in England of their illnesses or to bail every single bank out of crisis and that having hundreds of thousands of tourists isn't going to bring money into the country, too. Yes. Right. These are the people that are hating it, people that don't properly understand, for a start, economics. People need to stop moaning. They might get further in life. i mean, what are they going to do about it? Watch it, or don't, it's happening and there is no life or death or critical situation imposed by it. End of rant (that wasn't aimed at you personally, at all, btw).
i wish i was so naive that i believe everything i hear.

Apparently the money spent on the ceremonies could have been used instead to cure every person in England of their illnesses or to bail every single bank out of crisis and that having hundreds of thousands of tourists isn't going to bring money into the country, too. Yes. Right. These are the people that are hating it, people that don't properly understand, for a start, economics. People need to stop moaning. They might get further in life. i mean, what are they going to do about it? Watch it, or don't, it's happening and there is no life or death or critical situation imposed by it. End of rant (that wasn't aimed at you personally, at all, btw).

:curious: Ok, but doesn't answer my question as to how the opening ceremony compares to the chinese.
Reply 9397
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
:curious: Ok, but doesn't answer my question as to how the opening ceremony compares to the chinese.

No one knows as no one apart from the organisors know all the sperate segments. In any case, comparisons should not be made as they are two seperate entities.
Reply 9398
Original post by Mum of Students
The Unis rent out the student accommodation, at very reasonable rates, during the holidays to anyone.

Ah right, thank you, will look into it :smile:
Reply 9399
Original post by Kit-Yan
They rent out rooms to Joe Public during holidays. I know someone on here has got a deal on the Hackney one:
http://www.arts.ac.uk/housing/summeraccommodation/cordwainerscourt/

Great thanks, i will try and sort something out :smile:

Latest