Original post by shawtyb
university of essex :smile:
there real easy to get in but there quite good imo

Oh well done! :smile:
Original post by axs
Oh well done! :smile:

thankyou :smile: like 3 weeks from being in my second year :biggrin:
Any civil engineering success stories?

any City university success stories ? - civil engineering ?
I have been offered ABB for both my firm (Newcastle) and insurance (Liverpool) to do Biology. I am only predicted ABC and reckon I will get ABC/BBC, what is the likelihood of them still accepting me?
Original post by zadrnaks
Has anyone got any Liverpool University success stories?

My brother was asked for ABB and got ABC for mechanical engineering!
Original post by charhill98
I have been offered ABB for both my firm (Newcastle) and insurance (Liverpool) to do Biology. I am only predicted ABC and reckon I will get ABC/BBC, what is the likelihood of them still accepting me?

ABC is probably likely, very unlikely with BBC though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by johnd45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thank you!!
Original post by johnd45

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that?
Why is that?

I'm not the person you quoted but I'll answer anyway.

Say a course has 50 places and 30 people get ABB or higher, there will be 20 places left.

They will then go down to accepting people who have BBB/ABC, and it is highly likely that there will be more of them than there is places left, so even some people who now meet this requirement still wouldn't get in.

This then leaves no places left for people who have dropped two grades.
Original post by pizzanomics
I'm not the person you quoted but I'll answer anyway.

Say a course has 50 places and 30 people get ABB or higher, there will be 20 places left.

They will then go down to accepting people who have BBB/ABC, and it is highly likely that there will be more of them than there is places left, so even some people who now meet this requirement still wouldn't get in.

This then leaves no places left for people who have dropped two grades.

I'm sure there isn't a cap on places now? And also, say for example if a student has mitigating circumstances then surely this is taken into consideration also?
I'm sure there isn't a cap on places now? And also, say for example if a student has mitigating circumstances then surely this is taken into consideration also?

Yeah the cap was lifted, but that obviously doesn't mean universities will accept everyone. There is still 'technically' a limited number of places on a course and each university will know realistically how many people they can accept onto each course - and if you don't meet the requirements then they have no obligation to accept you at all. If you miss by one grade then you will probably be given the benefit of the doubt for a bad exam or whatever. If you miss by two grades then the university my question whether you'd be able to keep up with the course.

I would assume that if a student has mitigating circumstances then they would take it into consideration but I don't know how more lenient a university would be, I guess it all depends on the circumstances in question.
Original post by pizzanomics
Yeah the cap was lifted, but that obviously doesn't mean universities will accept everyone. There is still 'technically' a limited number of places on a course and each university will know realistically how many people they can accept onto each course - and if you don't meet the requirements then they have no obligation to accept you at all. If you miss by one grade then you will probably be given the benefit of the doubt for a bad exam or whatever. If you miss by two grades then the university my question whether you'd be able to keep up with the course.

I would assume that if a student has mitigating circumstances then they would take it into consideration but I don't know how more lenient a university would be, I guess it all depends on the circumstances in question.

The lesser universities will be much more lenient than one or two grades. non RG Unis or top 25s really lower there grade requirements on results day. I've heard some Unis like in rank 35-55 lower there grades down 5 grades even for courses like law, psychology and accounting
Original post by Toto123
The lesser universities will be much more lenient than one or two grades. non RG Unis or top 25s really lower there grade requirements on results day. I've heard some Unis like in rank 35-55 lower there grades down 5 grades even for courses like law, psychology and accounting

Hi does your inbox work?
Reply 1693
Any criminology success stories??
Do you think if I get BBB and my offer is for AAB pharmacy at kings will they accept me
Original post by flylikeafly
Do you think if I get BBB and my offer is for AAB pharmacy at kings will they accept me

My friend got ABB and got rejected
If you got an offer for 300 points for pharmacy and got BBC even tho the standard offer is 320 points (ABB) could you still get in with BBC ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sexybadman
If you got an offer for 300 points for pharmacy and got BBC even tho the standard offer is 320 points (ABB) could you still get in with BBC ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is the offer points or grades. If it's points then maybe. If it's grades, probably not.
Original post by jneill
Is the offer points or grades. If it's points then maybe. If it's grades, probably not.

Hey :smile: well the offer was from john moores for pharmacy and it was 300 points instead of 320. Just thinking what if i achieved 280 (BBC) you think theres a chance :smile:?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sexybadman
Hey :smile: well the offer was from john moores for pharmacy and it was 300 points instead of 320. Just thinking what if i achieved 280 (BBC) you think theres a chance :smile:?

Yes there's a chance. It depends on how well everyone else did and the number of places they have left.

Certainly happens...

Latest

Trending

Trending