The Student Room Group

Buckingham Palace summer job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by LIzzieWoo
Will you be working this summer? Do you know roughly how many days a week we are training, basically I have a part time job that runs from the last week of June to the 7 th July. However the contract for me as warden starts on 1st July, so if the training is only 1 or 2 in the first week I would be able to keep both jobs. Sent an email to them asking for a possible rota but they haven't replied I think they will just tell us when they need to tell us. Besides they stil need to check all my referees and hope my referees get back to them in time before I get a definitive offer that is why I'm holding on to my regular job for now

Posted from TSR Mobile

If im not mistaken, training will start from 1st July & go on till 27th July (when it opens to public). Training is not all day everyday but expect it to be most (3 or 4 working) days. Training timetable for BP wardens will be given by the end of May.

Original post by randomm1
what is the minimum age requirements to get a buckingham palace summer job?

I believe 17 or 18. Youngest person who has worked was in his A-levels. Best is to apply and see what reply you get.
(edited 10 years ago)
Has anyone's references been contacted yet? Mine haven't been contacted and I dont want to be delayed from starting my job!
Original post by 0bravo7
If im not mistaken, training will start from 1st July & go on till 27th July (when it opens to public). Training is not all day everyday but expect it to be most (3 or 4 working) days. Training timetable for BP wardens will be given by the end of May.

I believe 17 or 18. Youngest person who has worked was in his A-levels. Best is to apply and see what reply you get.

Awesome, have you been confirmed yet? as in your references have been contacted etc?
Original post by LIzzieWoo
Awesome, have you been confirmed yet? as in your references have been contacted etc?

Oops. . sorry this is late but hope it all worked out for you? And if so you would have seen me around on the job :smile:
Has anyone applied this year? :smile:
Hi,

Yeah i have!! Just been offered the job this morning?

What department are you in?
Original post by amypercy123
Hi,

Yeah i have!! Just been offered the job this morning?

What department are you in?

Thats awesome! Congrats!! How long after the interview did they let you know?

I had my interview today actually. Retail, wbu? :smile:
Reply 167
i have an interview tomorrow for retail.
what type of questions do they ask?
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Has anyone applied this year? :smile:

Yess, I have! Just got asked to interview this morning (4th March), feeling a little nervous now haha
Have you interviewed already? How was it?
Original post by ellen.sarah
Yess, I have! Just got asked to interview this morning (4th March), feeling a little nervous now haha
Have you interviewed already? How was it?

Ooh exciting! Try not to be :biggrin: they're really nice. I had mine on the 23rd, fingers crossed, don't wanna get too hopeful.

You do like a sales task then a one to one interview, it was actually quite fun haha
Reply 170
Hi
anyone heard from them?
Original post by rapa
Hi
anyone heard from them?

Yup I got offered the job :biggrin: wbu?
Ooh exciting! Try not to be :biggrin: they're really nice. I had mine on the 23rd, fingers crossed, don't wanna get too hopeful.

You do like a sales task then a one to one interview, it was actually quite fun haha

thanks! Had the interview now (for warden position), wasn't as bad as I thought! Hoping to hear back soon! :biggrin: Oh and congratulations on getting the job!
Original post by ellen.sarah
thanks! Had the interview now (for warden position), wasn't as bad as I thought! Hoping to hear back soon! :biggrin: Oh and congratulations on getting the job!

Yeah they're really friendly :smile: ooh that would be fun! Good luck, hope you get it!

And thank you!! Excited to get started but gotta get exams out of the way first haha
Yeah they're really friendly :smile: ooh that would be fun! Good luck, hope you get it!

And thank you!! Excited to get started but gotta get exams out of the way first haha

Aha same! Good luck with exams :smile:
I got offered a Warden position for this summer a couple of weeks ago, just waiting for hear if my references and security check are all okay but don't see any problem why they shouldn't be :smile: anyone else been offered the position of warden for this summer?
Yes, I've been offered the position of warden for this summer :smile: Actually, I was wondering if there is someone who's looking for a flat to rent during this part time job. I come from the Czech Republic and I don't have anyone to stay with in London. Is there anyone from abroad as I am? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending