The Student Room Group

Any reason why a lesbian would be on the pill ?

Anon or delete as she uses this site.

So one of my best friends is a lesbian and she has been for as long as I've known her. I was the first one that she came out to and we've always been really close.

She's always told me that she's "never wanted to sleep with a guy and probably never will" however she's on the pill .... I don't really understand why. I understand that it has some other uses but wouldn't there be more targeted drugs for these ?

I have a gf of my own and we've never seen each other like that so I have no idea why she wouldn't tell me if she was sleeping with a guy.

Is there any other reason for a girl who isn't sleeping with guys to be on the pill ?

I think that we're drifting apart and with uni coming up I feel like I'm gonna lose one of my best friends. It's not about me wanting to know everything about her it's just that like most teenagers our sex life is one of the things we talk about a lot. I only saw her take it in passing when we were in a group and didn't get the chance to talk to her about it myself.

Scroll to see replies

Contraceptive pills aren't just for contraception. They're also prescribed for people with other issues like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
Reply 2
She wants dick.
Reply 3
Original post by Ilora-Danon
Contraceptive pills aren't just for contraception. They're also prescribed for people with other issues like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

That or she has really nasty periods/PMS.
Reply 4
You said your self that you're aware that the pill has other uses.

What a redundant thread.
Why don't you ask rather than snooping?

She's your friend after all...
Heavy periods?
They are beneficial for a number of reasons.

Maybe she wants to regulate her periods.

Maybe she would like to know exactly when their due and have the advantage of making it arrive a few days late or whatever if it fits into her schedule better.
I went on the pill at 13 for really heavy periods and moodswings. There is no 'more targeted' medicine. Also, you can use it to time your periods - is she a swimmer or anything like that?
You may both have the hots for girls which makes sense as a reason for you to always talk about sex together.

What you don't both have ? Periods. I'm sure you're very close but she didn't want to say "omg my periods are getting really heavy/irregular".

Asking her is the only way you'll really know.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Anonymous
I went on the pill at 13 for really heavy periods and moodswings. There is no 'more targeted' medicine. Also, you can use it to time your periods - is she a swimmer or anything like that?

She is a swimmer actually .... Am I missing something relating swimming and the pill ?

I'm seeing her later but I dunno if I'll have the guts to ask.
Reply 11
Original post by rhinger
Eww lesbians :coma:

That smiley implies something a lot different from 'Ewww'.
:perv:
Reply 12
If you want to know badly I would say just ask her however it may be she just wants to take it as it might help with other issues such as hormones or regulating periods.

Another thing is she might want to be on it encase anything ever does happen because sometimes we aren't always in-control of situations.

If you are as close as you say you shouldn't be worried about asking her, if she doesn't want to tell then fair enough to her as it could be a real personal reason as to why she has chosen to be on the pill.

Also for the swimming thing - she might not be comfortable with tampons (obviously I'm assuming I don't know your friend) so she chooses to take the pill to help know when isn't the best time to go swimming.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Make her boobs bigger, POS, period issues, there's some skin treatment stuff that you're required to take the pill as well - loads of reasons .
More regular periods/Less period pain/Lighter Periods/Improved Skin

To be honest, you should just ask her ...
I've known it be used for acne.
Regulating an irregular cycle, heavy bleeding, abscene of a normal cycle, painful periods, acne, PMDD or PMT - lots of reasons.

There's tranexamic or mefenamic acid - and also Northisterone - but they tend to be more for short term use as opposed to long term.

I haven't had sex but have taken the pill - and other similar drugs - on and off since I was 16.
Reply 17
Boobs grow... Everyone loves booobs.
same heavy periods
can help with balancing the hormones to control spots

is it really your buisness what medication your friend takes?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous
She is a swimmer actually .... Am I missing something relating swimming and the pill ?

I'm seeing her later but I dunno if I'll have the guts to ask.

Swimming and periods don't go well together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending