The Student Room Group

The Thinking Skills Assessment

Hi! I have a question about the Thinking skills assessment exam which I'll have next week. I was wondering how the essay is important in the assessment.
the exam is made up of 2 parts: multiple choices and an essay.
how will the exam be marked at the end?
thank you for your help!
Reply 1
Original post by Riccardo Grisanti
Hi! I have a question about the Thinking skills assessment exam which I'll have next week. I was wondering how the essay is important in the assessment.
the exam is made up of 2 parts: multiple choices and an essay.
how will the exam be marked at the end?
thank you for your help!
Which university is this for?
The Exam is for Oxford and Cambridge! I'm applying for Oxford.

x

The first section is the multiple choice, which will be marked separately and your score will go straight to the admissions office. But your essay isn't marked; it goes to the tutors who just have a read through it. Hope that helps! :smile:
Yes! Thank you! but is the assessment of the essay important for the application or is the the first part of the test more important?
Reply 5
Yes! Thank you! but is the assessment of the essay important for the application or is the the first part of the test more important?
Does it really matter? I don't know for certain, but I would anticipate that both parts of the test are equally important, because they'll be testing different things.
I decided to apply for Oxford in July, so I have been training for 3 months for the TSA. but the first part is so hard. there's so few time to answers 50 questions. do you have any advices for it?
Reply 7
I took the TSA when I applied for Cambridge, and they actually sent me a TSA preparation book which had mock TSA multiple choice exams in it. I timed myself and it really is not that hard to answer all 50 in the time limit. The actual exam I found was much easier and has lots of straightforward questions, while the mock exams had very difficult questions.
in july I bought a preparation book called "Thinking Skills Assessment" which, to be honest, really helped me. I have taken all the old TSA which I've found on intenet twice. I have only 5 days. which other things should I do?
does anyone know about any books or resources to get with practice questions/tests for the TSA as Cambridge?
i cant seem to find any other resources apart from the practice tests on the cambridge assessment website
Reply 10
Original post by avash27
I took the TSA when I applied for Cambridge, and they actually sent me a TSA preparation book which had mock TSA multiple choice exams in it. I timed myself and it really is not that hard to answer all 50 in the time limit. The actual exam I found was much easier and has lots of straightforward questions, while the mock exams had very difficult questions.

can you get this book in shops, or do you have to ask cambridge for it?
Reply 11
Original post by Ronak134
can you get this book in shops, or do you have to ask cambridge for it?

I'm sure it's available in the shops somewhere. If not, you can call up a college and ask how to get a copy.

Quick Reply