The Student Room Group

Best staff discounts

Hey, I was just wondering what kind of staff discounts everyone gets, and how long they have to work there to get it? I know that Sainsbury's staff get a 10% discount after 6 months, and Waitrose get 20% although I don't know how long you have to work there for. And do you get anything else, like vouchers or something? Do your discounts only apply for full-time work or does part-time also get it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Part time at Deichmann shoes- 2x50% on shoes per year as long as they are wearable for work (so no heels or open toes, anything else is fine), unlimited 20% on everything else.
Full timers get 4x50%.
Reply 2
House of Fraser - 20% off everything and 50/75% off uniform - 75 if it's a HoF brand or 50 if it's an external concession.

edit: the uniform discount applies from when you start and you get your 20% after 12 weeks.
(edited 12 years ago)
My dad gets 40% off everything on ASOS. I'd say that's pretty damn good - for me, anyway :P

For part time work I think John Lewis / Waitrose offer among the best, although I can't remember what it is currently.
m&s get 20% off as soon as you start
Reply 5
Center Parcs - you get 60% off the first holiday with them every year, and 20% on each one after that.
You also get 20% in all Center Parcs shops and restaurants, except for the Parc Market and Treats, where you get 10%.
And, you get free day passes for you and up to 7 other people whenever you want.

I love working for Center Parcs :biggrin:
At Marks and Spencer you get 20% staff discount except on technology from the day you start.
Reply 7
Working at either Waitrose or John Lewis gets you 20% and 25% off in store respectively (lower for particular things), after 3 months. You also get things like ticket subsidies to an annual limit on pretty much whatever
Reply 8
Original post by Londonpie72
At Marks and Spencer you get 20% staff discount except on technology from the day you start.

I don't suppose you know how much they pay do you? For a shelf-stacker etc?
NHS staff get 50% off of dominos and 20% off of Nandos

GETSUMMM
New Look is 50% off from a week after you start!
Reply 11
I've heard that you get 40% off at Urban Outfitters.
I get 20% discount off Southern Rail as a council employee, which is useful considering I commute to work by train :smile:
Reply 13
Work in a local restaurant (top 5 in country for Seafood). I get;
- 7% of my bill if I eat there properly, with a couple of free drinks (not guaranteed).
- Bottle of Champagne every Christmas.
- Staff dinner.
- Family/friends come to eat, I can give them a nice table, maybe some free stuff/'generous' portions (not guaranteed).
- Minimum wage and no share of tips :biggrin:

Hoping to get a job at a major company so I can transfer before Uni starts.
Reply 14
TFL - free oyster card for you and a partner living with you. Unlimited!
Reply 15
Greggs staff get half price on everything (in your own shop, then you get a card or something after a year, which can be used all over the place) and free coffee (whilst working).
Reply 16
Met Police (free travel anywhere within 70 miles of London). So a year season from brigton - london saves £4,644.00 .
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
It's 20% at Debenhams too.
Wetherspoons - 50% off food whilst on duty (although if you knew how to work the tills, in reality you could get it for far less - I think I paid 40p for Fish & Chips), 20% off food when you weren't on duty, at any Spoons in the country. No discounts on drinks, unfortunately (well, except for all staffies), but the discounts on food start from your first day at work.
Original post by bobbycrisp
I don't suppose you know how much they pay do you? For a shelf-stacker etc?

It depends which store you are based, the one in Marble Arch, Oxford street pays more compared to the local store for example local stores might pay say £6-7 whereas the one in Marble arch, Oxford street pays like £7-8.30

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending