The Student Room Group

What would you do if you failed your A-levels?

Scroll to see replies

Join the army.
Reply 2
Comfort eat until I was the size of a hot air balloon, probably.
Reply 3
redo them and try harder this time
If Resit wasn't an option i'd probably go straight down the RAF route, rather than going after uni to fast-track.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
I never did A-Levels. :yeah:
Farm
Resit my subjects. But if not, perhaps find an apprenticeship or something that goes down a similar route.
If you failed so bad that you believed redoing them wouldnt be of a huge advantage but still want to aspirations of going to university. You could always go college and do a Btec course and then go to uni. Its longer and it wont guarrentee you oxbridge material but its a decent avenue
If I have not an GSCE, I would try to get an one. Otherwise I do nothing for school.
I don't know, cry?
Reply 11
carry on living :biggrin:
Cry, feel suicidal for a while, move on and then resit them the following year.

It would be so disappointing for anyone who put the effort in to do well.
Original post by Sparkle24
I don't know, cry?

How about suicide? It is an exaggerated emotion in my opinion, but there were people who commit suicide concerning bad marks, why not?
I always joke I'd become a stripper :P
Seriously, I think I'd go to college or into work .
Probably this

Original post by Sormi
carry on living :biggrin:

That is the right attitude! What is a paper full of (subjective) marks compared to the life?
Forget school, grow vegetables and open a bakery.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
It's not something I think about too much as unfortunately a reasonable academic record is all I have going for me in this world; noob at guitar and no real business brain that I know of.
Teach English as a second language in France for six months, return in March to resit my French AS & A2 speaking, then redo both papers in June.

EDIT: You can **** right off with your negs!
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest