The Student Room Group

A2 OCR PE G453 - 20th June 2012

HI guys,
thought i'd start a thread since there is NEVER a decent one on here!
Defo think PE is an under-rated subject! :unimpressed:
People just assume its all practical!
Share your thoughts...
Exam tips - especially on tackling the 20 markers!

What is your optional module? - i've got comparative, physiology and psychology! :hahaha:to those with biomechanics! -UNLUCKY! :eek3::facepalm:
What are your practical sports and marks if known?
Are you resiting the AS paper?
Grade you need in this for uni?

x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MissGeorge-x
HI guys,
Defo think PE is an under-rated subject! :unimpressed:
People just assume its all practical!
Share your thoughts...
Exam tips - especially on tackling the 20 markers!

What is your optional module? - i've got comparative, physiology and psychology! :hahaha:to those with biomechanics! -UNLUCKY! :eek3::facepalm:
What are your practical sports and marks if known?
Are you resiting the AS paper?
Grade you need in this for uni?

x

My modules are physiology, historical and psychology. How are you finding the physiology section? I just can't seem to remember any of it :frown: . I agree I feel for those doing biomechanics, I looked at some of the questions and 0_0 .
Reply 2
my modules are : exercise physiology, sports psych and comparative :smile:
thanks for making this thread MissGeorge-x
it will definitely be a great help...i doubt a lot of people have started their intense revision for PE yet so i'm sure it will grow in the next couple of weeks.
yeah 20 markers are a killer! lol I definitely need work on those :smile:
Reply 3
Hey Natacham6 and Emy25!!
Yay us lol!

I'm retaking the AS paper (31st may) and haven't even started revising for that yet either!
Biology has defo consumed 98% revision so far!!
I HATE PHYSIOLOGY! - I can do the Aerobic and Anaerobic system and thats about it!
I need to do some serioussss revision!
Underestimated how much there is to do!
Pyschology is just :boring: and comparative is ok spose but longggg TEAM USA! lol

Have any of you got any good resources to revise from or tips?
x
Reply 4
try the website PE SHARE and GET REVISING they have some good resources for PE A2 and AS :smile: especially physiology aswel however you have to sign up but its great :smile:
Reply 5
comparative is the worst out of them all for me lol ...yeah i like USA :biggrin:!
sports psych is easier because i do psychology at A2 so its pretty much the same in some aspects :smile:
physiology needs work but i'm sure i can get my head around it soon.
Reply 6
Reply 7
does anyone have the jan 2012 paper or know where o find it?!
Reply 8
thanks for this thread. I'm totally dreading this exam. I need to get an A . I'm not looking forward to the comparative section it's the worst thing ever gosh, so much stuff to know

Original post by vkirby
does anyone have the jan 2012 paper or know where o find it?!

Or does anyone know which questions came up? Even the teachers at my college don't know yet :/
Reply 9
Hey Natacham6 and Emy25!!
Yay us lol!

I'm retaking the AS paper (31st may) and haven't even started revising for that yet either!
Biology has defo consumed 98% revision so far!!
I HATE PHYSIOLOGY! - I can do the Aerobic and Anaerobic system and thats about it!
I need to do some serioussss revision!
Underestimated how much there is to do!
Pyschology is just :boring: and comparative is ok spose but longggg TEAM USA! lol

Have any of you got any good resources to revise from or tips?
x

I retook the AS paper in January and did so much better, good luck :smile:
I hate the physiology part too, my head just can't consume everything, especially the training programmes I just can't seem to remember all FITT principles to apply to the periodisation :/ . I'm exactly the same, my teacher taugh us it first as she thought it was the most difficult part, whereas it's the easiest!

I find the psychology bit interesting, i suppose I should since I'll be studying it at uni! I'm glad I don't have to do the comparative section, looks boring although I've been stuck with the historical section :/ seriously who needs to know the development of sport?!

When I revise I just write notes and notes and repeat the same thing, try an exam question then write one using the mark scheme and try and learn sections from it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 10
has anybody been able to get hold of the jan 2012 paper ive seen the report but it doesnt include exercise and physiology for sum strange reason :frown:
Reply 11
hey
im doing exercise and sports physiology, historical studies and sports psychology
i think my main issue is sports psychology, it is way too detailed and much to remember, any tips?
Reply 12
Does anyone have any predictions???
in terms of 20 markers for:
sports psychology
exercise and physiology
Comparative
Reply 13
Original post by Emy25
has anybody been able to get hold of the jan 2012 paper ive seen the report but it doesnt include exercise and physiology for sum strange reason :frown:

Where did you find the report?

My teacher showed us the Jan 12 paper today
The 20 markers were:
Comparative- USA cultural factors that affect sporting excellence compared to Uk
Psychology - Leadership (I'm gutted about this coz it's a walk in the park)
Physiology- Ergogenic Aids (gutted about this as well)

Overall it seemed like an easy paper so ours will probably be a bit harder :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Skkc16
Where did you find the report?

My teacher showed us the Jan 12 paper today
The 20 markers were:
Comparative- USA cultural factors that affect sporting excellence compared to Uk
Psychology - Leadership (I'm gutted about this coz it's a walk in the park)
Physiology- Ergogenic Aids (gutted about this as well)

Overall it seemed like an easy paper so ours will probably be a bit harder :frown:

i found it on the ocr website. OMG those 20 markers were definitely easy...hmmn
Hey guys, my first post! :biggrin:

Also doing this exam, I just find the amount of content to learn is ridiculous especially physiology section! I'm currently reducing non-relevant physiology work and re-writing all of it out neatly to the minimum amount of words possible but containing the relevant information.

Anyone got any good tips for PE revision? I was thinking mind maps might be helpful. So much to learn and revise!
Reply 16
does anyone have the january 2012 paper??
Reply 17
Yeah I rewrite everything out trying to reduce it too, also done mind maps and flash cards and exam questions, I've actually done a lot of methods. Can't say that any have helpeed me to remember the physiology stuff!! ;(

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 18
im starting intense revision for this tomorrow!!! :afraid:
any predictions?
did anyone retake AS yesterday?
if so, how did it go?
x
im starting intense revision for this tomorrow!!! :afraid:
any predictions?
did anyone retake AS yesterday?
if so, how did it go?
x

Leaving it a bit late?

I have no predictions, just everything (Yes, everything!)

Quick Reply