The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Needs more pictures of cats IMHO.
Original post by Dez
Needs more pictures of cats IMHO.

Reply 3
Whats this supposed to be about anywayz?
Reply 4
Original post by secretmessages

What kind of computer is that :lolwut:?
Reply 6
Dammit, missed the end :grumble:
Reply 7
Can't believe it's taken us over a year and a half to get through the last thread :colonhash:

heh. How long'd the last one take?

As to answer your question, there is no benefit. Hence the Pointless bit beforehand.
Reply 8
Yay shiny new thread for tech :biggrin:

To start us off. has anyone seen the new nokia 800 (windows phone)?
Even though it looks like their meego one, I still think it looks sexy as hell. I cant wait to see some of their designs next year.
Original post by Kenny_uk

Even though it looks like their meego one, I still think it looks sexy as hell. I cant wait to see some of their designs next year.

They're identical bodies, only the internals/software differ, but it does look bloody nice.
Reply 10
we've got microsoft coming to the university on the 10th to do some sorta presentation to get students into deving for windows phone. lecturer reckons there might be free phones for the 20 or so of us who are going. Would be damn nice to get one of those lol, unlikely though.

we've got microsoft coming to the university on the 10th to do some sorta presentation to get students into deving for windows phone. lecturer reckons there might be free phones for the 20 or so of us who are going. Would be damn nice to get one of those lol, unlikely though.

It would be nice, but I doubt they'd give away 20 of their expensive flagship devices at each uni they visit =P
Reply 12

It does look pretty dayum cool, but hardware wise seems worse than its meego counterpart :confused:
Reply 13
Original post by Jake9
It does look pretty dayum cool, but hardware wise seems worse than its meego counterpart :confused:

seeing the first reviews now, looking good, but people are slightly dissapointed. apparently their first nokia windows phone wont be available till next year in the US, and may not be the 800/710, so maybe another one will come along soon with better specs? otherwise if nokia just keeps kicking sub-par phones like this one out, they're not gonna survive.

I like the windows phone OS, especially its windows & xbox live intergration I just want to see it on more, nicer, smarter devices, especially here in the UK where I believe we only have like two at the moment, the HTC titan and mozart.
Reply 14
bah. i'd be happy with any of them :P
I've started trying to dev for windows phone, I must admit C# isnt as annoying a language as some others I've used
I missed the end but I was in the cinema watching Tintin :awesome:
Reply 16
Srsly? Whats this thread about? random trolling?

Touché

Original post by Tathrim
heh. How long'd the last one take?

As to answer your question, there is no benefit. Hence the Pointless bit beforehand.

The very first thread? No idea, possibly longer, but the last half of the first thread and the first half of the second thread went really quickly, back in the day when everyone was active :moon:

Any disadvantages apart from it being pointless?

Original post by THESHade
Srsly? Whats this thread about? random trolling?

It's a society. For people who like tech and stuff.
Reply 18
Probably off topic for this thread as there's a proper mobile phone thread elsewhere, but thoughts on the Nokia WP7 jump now that it's actually come to fruition? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15459118. I'll reserve judgment for now, but let's face it, things haven't been looking too great for Nokia for quite some time now.

Oh, and:

https://twitter.com/#!/VincentTabak

That is so wrong, but kind of amusing at the same time :holmes:
I hate LaTeX, and BibTeX :colonhash: