The Student Room Group

Hospital pharmacy pre-registration applications (Pharmalife) 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Im a first yr student of pharm
And intend on training for hospital pharmacy after my full MPharm course. Does anyone know what I should do to give me a better chance at getting myself a job in hospital pharmacy? I know good grades are important but is there a limit?
Hello! Im applying to:

Imperial
Kings Health Partners
North West London (Possibly)
West Middlesex (Possibly).

Can anyone tell me about their experiences regarding the above?
In particular, people who gained an interview did you attend their open day or have a summer placement?

Thanks guys. Im not even from London so its very difficult for me!
Anyone do an interview at Newcastle? I've heard it's pretty competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asaaal
Hello! Im applying to:

Imperial
Kings Health Partners
North West London (Possibly)
West Middlesex (Possibly).

Can anyone tell me about their experiences regarding the above?
In particular, people who gained an interview did you attend their open day or have a summer placement?

Thanks guys. Im not even from London so its very difficult for me!

Original post by Pharmagal
Anyone do an interview at Newcastle? I've heard it's pretty competitive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You both are in the wrong year thread!! lol

This is the current application one http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3178139
Original post by sachinisgod
You both are in the wrong year thread!! lol

This is the current application one http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3178139

I don't think so because i want to know about past experience not current applicants as they wouldn't know ! :smile: am i right?
Original post by asaaal
I don't think so because i want to know about past experience not current applicants as they wouldn't know ! :smile: am i right?

Oh yes my bad when i read it again i realised what you meant.

But anyway its unlikely many of last year's applicants might be on here again. Also looking at the choices from last year, it was a very narrow selection of hospitals, so overall not more than 30-40 candidates would have been on this thread. So you would be very lucky if someone gave out any interview tips from the same hospital you want to apply to :smile:
Original post by sachinisgod
Oh yes my bad when i read it again i realised what you meant.

But anyway its unlikely many of last year's applicants might be on here again. Also looking at the choices from last year, it was a very narrow selection of hospitals, so overall not more than 30-40 candidates would have been on this thread. So you would be very lucky if someone gave out any interview tips from the same hospital you want to apply to :smile:

True, i hear you ahah. Where did you apply in the end?
Original post by Mahria
Hi,
I've applied to
Blackburn Royal Hospital- interview
Burnley General Hospital- interview (they're both of the same trust, so do they actually count as two separate interviews?!? 😣)
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals- haven't heard back
Blackpool Victoria Hospitals - haven't heard back

My interview is on 18th Sept at uni of Manchester and all four hospital panels are going to be there.. I am dying!! I feel like Jon Snow - i know nothing 😥😓

Any help would be appreciated! Good luck to you guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiii !! I have a Burnley interview next week can you please tell me if they ask clinical/maths questions?

Many thanks ! X
Original post by kashim91
I start on monday :tongue:

There was a drug chart, a calculation test and the interview was mostly competency questions.
have a few pre reg questions if you didn't mind?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending