The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
Original post by emiloujess
What countdown?

SCLY4 messed my whole Sociology grade up, it was nothing short of evil :angry:

There was a count down to results in the side bar.
Reply 1481
Original post by Rodella

Are you AS or A2? - A2

What subjects are you taking? - Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Accounting and Further Maths

To which university are you hoping to go? - I havent decided yet as I chose to take a gap year, will be applying to the ones in the US

To study which subject? - Biology most likely

If applicable, what were your AS grades? - AAAAAA

What grades are required for your desired degree? - N/A

What grades are you predicted? - A*A*A*A*A*A

How did your exams go? - I'd say most of them didn't go as well as I hoped they would, but fingers crossed. :unsure:

How are you feeling about results day? - Awfully anxious :woo:

Anything else to add? - Best of Luck to everyone here :five:

6 A Levels?

Which one aren't you predicted an A* in?
Here we go...counting down again lol. I feel like I should be panicking more but I just feel meh about everything, I think I'm just done.
Original post by vik1234
Pretty much the same the papers were alright but the loopa predictions literally ruined a 24 marker in each paper for me. For Unit 3 the aggression one was completely wrong like the guy said it is the least likely to come up and in unit 4 the that schizophrenia was a repeat of last year so i never bothered to look at it too much. Hopefully my other essays helped boost my grade as i thought they went quite well.

Yeah, that schizophrenia essay did throw a lot of people away considering that it already came up last year! Hopefully the boundaries will be decent though :smile:
What grades did you get last year and what are you planning to study at uni?
All the people panicking are probs the A grade students.
Original post by vik1234
Same dude. Both papers were decent just that they wording of the Congress 45 marker was kinda weird which is the one i did in my unit 4 exam. Hopefully it goes well for the both of us :smile:

I did ideolgoies and that went horribly wrong. I feel like I've failed tbh. I would actually be happy with a C in politics tbh
Original post by Aph
3 weeks today:s-smilie:
Also who's the on ball person who is updating this every midnight?

Guessing whenever made the thread and yh 3 weeks today makes it sound very very soon ; scary how we'll be down to single figures soon
Original post by naz.97
Yeah, that schizophrenia essay did throw a lot of people away considering that it already came up last year! Hopefully the boundaries will be decent though :smile:
What grades did you get last year and what are you planning to study at uni?

Sorry to interrupt but Yh with psychology my teacher basically told everyone it would be classification and diagnosis for sccizophrebia and psychological explainations so she made us write them essays up and spent so long moaning to us how the essays weren't good enough and that she was worried how it could come up so we literally did nothing on bio therapies within class so I'm guessingn a lot of people in my class just wrote pretty generic points eg. Drugs have side effects and are cheap and easy which they'll get limited marks for and I don't think anyone seemed to know any studies for this essay anyways so I really think the grade boundaries for unit 4 should go down a bit like at least 2 marks would be good and then unit 3 will either stay the same or go down like 1 mark
Reply 1488
Original post by fefssdf
Guessing whenever made the thread and yh 3 weeks today makes it sound very very soon ; scary how we'll be down to single figures soon

I didn't think they were online?

Well grade boundries are doing set now... Papers marks are known... It'd be great to be able to have access to them but oh well. It must be nice to be an examiner.
Original post by xxvine
All the people panicking are probs the A grade students.

Well hopefully I get all A's then !!
Anyone doing AS {Bio Chem Physics}OCR and Maths(EDXCEL)?
Original post by Aph
I didn't think they were online?

Well grade boundries are doing set now... Papers marks are known... It'd be great to be able to have access to them but oh well. It must be nice to be an examiner.

Yh I agree ; I'm planning to go into teaching and I'm want to be an examiner as well to get the extra cash over summer hehe and I like how you get access to people's papers and it's all so secretive ; sounds quite cool really
Original post by OwlMagic153
Here we go...counting down again lol. I feel like I should be panicking more but I just feel meh about everything, I think I'm just done.

Yh true I've reached the point where I've convinced myself alevels are rather pointless when you can just keep retaking forever till you get a good grade
Reply 1493
Original post by fefssdf
Yh I agree ; I'm planning to go into teaching and I'm want to be an examiner as well to get the extra cash over summer hehe and I like how you get access to people's papers and it's all so secretive ; sounds quite cool really

The pay is rubish however (30p per paper) and teaching is cool, secondary or primary?
I'm thinking about going into lecturing (because I like teaching but don't like small kids, like research and dispare at the way schools are run by a centeral clique with no external ideas accepted (being part of student leadership this year made me realise how insular school leadership really is)) which is another reason I want to do a PhD :tongue:
Original post by jayeshforce1
Anyone doing AS {Bio Chem Physics}OCR and Maths(EDXCEL)?

I did ocr chemistry and edexcel maths, how did you find them?
Original post by Aph
The pay is rubish however (30p per paper) and teaching is cool, secondary or primary?
I'm thinking about going into lecturing (because I like teaching but don't like small kids, like research and dispare at the way schools are run by a centeral clique with no external ideas accepted (being part of student leadership this year made me realise how insular school leadership really is)) which is another reason I want to do a PhD :tongue:

Secondary lol
Reply 1496

Are you AS or A2?

A2

What subjects are you taking?

Physics

To which university are you hoping to go?

Swansea or De Montfort

To study which subject?

Physics

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

D, E, U

What grades are required for your desired degree?

DDD in BTEC and C in Physics (Swansea) or 280 UCAS points (De Montofort)

What grades are you predicted?

PPP in BTEC, and C in Physics

How did your exams go?

Smooth

How are you feeling about results day?

Nervous but exited but nervous but excited but nervous but excited...

Anything else to add?

...but nervous but exited but nervous but excited but nervous but excited...
Reply 1497
Original post by fefssdf
Secondary lol

So maths?
Original post by Aph
So maths?

Of course !
Reply 1499
Original post by fefssdf
Of course !

Maths teachers are great :h: at least mine were :tongue: although they were a rather insular department...

Quick Reply

Latest