The Student Room Group

The TSR Pokémon Society III

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Right first thing to address in the new thread...please can we try to avoid off-topic conversation on the on-topic thread

As we can all probably see from the first few minutes of this thread...we're not very good at that (mybad :giggle:)...so I've created a nice shiny new thread where we can blackmail RJ. comment on the rep-prowess of Jangra/Ape/Gofre & tell each other about hyperlinks...I'm sure we'll all get used to it soon

Thanks everyone :h:
Reply 21
For today's on-topic stuff have just remembered I bought new cards earlier...pack was a little underwhelming to be honest, just some very-basic basics, but you never know when someone's going to have a stage 1 or 2 & need that rubbish deerling or lack-lustre sandile you've picked up...so keeping them safe for now :emog: my friend informs me he has a tornadus...lucky bastard
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
Right first thing to address in the new thread...please can we try to avoid off-topic conversation on the on-topic thread

As we can all probably see from the first few minutes of this thread...we're not very good at that (mybad :giggle:)...so I've created a nice shiny new thread where we can blackmail RJ. comment on the rep-prowess of Jangra/Ape/Gofre & tell each other about hyperlinks...I'm sure we'll all get used to it soon

Thanks everyone :h:

This makes me feel like I'm in the same league as Ape XD
I'll shut up now =P

Back on the relevant side of things, a certain battle simulator I may have mentioned a couple (of dozen) times now has an Android client, and Samsung have announced an Android 2.3 media player. I think my concentration in lectures is going to take a serious hit when that thing is released!
Reply 23
It's the pale gems that do it :giggle:

I'm already addicted enough to my phone, thank god I don't have an android is all I'm saying :sigh:
(edited 12 years ago)
Having a working mobile version of said certain battle simulator would wreak havoc with my uni work :eek3:

That said, having Pokemon White on my DS is going to be a pretty big distraction anyway :laugh:

P.S. Why does Staryu only learn Hydro Pump at level 60, that's just inconsiderate :colonhash:
Original post by skipp
It's the pale gems that do it :giggle:

I'm already addicted enough to my phone, thank god I don't have an android is all I'm saying :sigh:

Also talking about the aforementioned :ninja: I'm having serious difficulty getting it to work, if it's still not working tomorrow when I'm trying to use it mind if I slyly pm you? Can't work out what on earth I've done to it :rolleyes:

Haha I'll bask in some of his glory when I get my eighth XD
Yeah go for it [=

Original post by R.J. Omega
Having a working mobile version of said certain battle simulator would wreak havoc with my uni work :eek3:

That said, having Pokemon White on my DS is going to be a pretty big distraction anyway :laugh:

P.S. Why does Staryu only learn Hydro Pump at level 60, that's just inconsiderate :colonhash:

It's only level 55 in 4th gen (:
Reply 26

It's a horrible distraction :sadnod: thankfully it came out just after my midterms & not before

And sometimes the pokemon company like to be cruel...although starmie doesn't learn a lot by level up, so think that's fair to be honest :erm: just slightly annoying if you only want to train to lvl 50

Like letting shroomish evolve at level 23...but not letting it learn spore until lvl 45, essentially giving it a 'breloom learnset' & a separate 'shroomish learnset' so much to miss out on either way
Reply 27
XD

And merci, but actually realised it does work I was just being a bit dim :facepalm:
Original post by skipp
It's a horrible distraction :sadnod: thankfully it came out just after my midterms & not before

And sometimes the pokemon company like to be cruel...although starmie doesn't learn a lot by level up, so think that's fair to be honest :erm: just slightly annoying if you only want to train to lvl 50

Like letting shroomish evolve at level 23...but not letting it learn spore until lvl 45, essentially giving it a 'breloom learnset' & a separate 'shroomish learnset' so much to miss out on either way

I've been keeping most of the EV trained Pokemon I have at level 50, with a few exceptions - Metagross at level 52 to learn Agility, Empoleon at 51 for Hydro Pump, Cloyster at 56 for Shell Smash etc.

It's just annoying for my OCD to have a Pokemon in the 60's, unless I'm going to train it to 75/100 :colonhash:
Why the five level jump in 5th gen? :colonhash:
Original post by skipp

Original post by skipp
XD

And merci, but actually realised it does work I was just being a bit dim :facepalm:

Haha fair enough =P

I'm now taking a break from ripping DVDs to test out a new team build, so far it's looking promising. I will have made it to number one before going to uni!
Why the five level jump in 5th gen? :colonhash:

No idea, Game Freak trolling us I guess. Not quite as bad as Rotom-S, a flying type with Levitate though :|
That's understandable though, since all of the Rotom formes have Levitate as their ability - unless they were going to give each individual forme a new ability, it makes sense. Sort of. :rolleyes:

That's understandable though, since all of the Rotom formes have Levitate as their ability - unless they were going to give each individual forme a new ability, it makes sense. Sort of. :rolleyes:

They may as well have got new abilities too if they're going to get new typing, they've could have implemented it via Dream World or something. Maybe next gen (:
Reply 34
I've been keeping most of the EV trained Pokemon I have at level 50, with a few exceptions - Metagross at level 52 to learn Agility, Empoleon at 51 for Hydro Pump, Cloyster at 56 for Shell Smash etc.

It's just annoying for my OCD to have a Pokemon in the 60's, unless I'm going to train it to 75/100 :colonhash:

You sound like my partner...loves bug pokemon but won't use Volcarona because it doesn't learn something or other until 60, which would make it not match the rest of the team etc. :giggle:
Original post by skipp
You sound like my partner...loves bug pokemon but won't use Volcarona because it doesn't learn something or other until 60, which would make it not match the rest of the team etc. :giggle:

It doesn't even evolve until 59, so that would be fine with me :laugh:

But seriously though, having a level 60 Starmie with level 50 Conkeldurr, Reuniclus, Zoroark, Galvantula and Darmanitan will just annoy me. :rolleyes:
Maybe, that sounds like a good idea actually.

I haven't revealed my plans for the Pokesoc regarding the next generation in this thread, have I? :colone:
Reply 37
Maybe, that sounds like a good idea actually.

I haven't revealed my plans for the Pokesoc regarding the next generation in this thread, have I? :colone:

I'm not dead yet kthx :colonhash:

:giggle:
I told myself I'd go to sleep after I lose a game... I'm on a 23 win streak and have dragged my rating from 90-something up to 13 in one sitting. I'm loving this team but god I'm tired XD
Reply 39
You can do that all in one go? Impressive! Must make first a ***** to get to though :s:

Also awake, debating whether to do some singles trains, edit my team or whether to actually sleep :yawn:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending