The Student Room Group

Engineering Freshers 2012 entry

Hello everyone,
I apologise if there already is a thread like this but i couldnt find one anywhere. So where are you guys applying? For what branch?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm applying for mechanical
At
Nottingham
Newcastle
Cardiff
Surrey
Queens Belfast
Should get my ucas sent off by Wednesday fingers crossed.
Reply 2
Original post by Willheath
Yeah I'm applying for mechanical
At
Nottingham
Newcastle
Cardiff
Surrey
Queens Belfast
Should get my ucas sent off by Wednesday fingers crossed.

Yeah im applying for mechanical as well. Sending it off tuesday! Well good luck man
Reply 3
Yeah cool
Where u applying to?
Reply 4
Original post by Willheath
Yeah cool
Where u applying to?

Im applying:
Imperial
Southampton
Bath
Bristol
Warwick
Why choices so high? Im applying all over the world with 12 unis in america and 2 in canada. So nothing to lose really.
What did you get for AS?
Reply 5
Didn't do aswell as I'd hoped for but got ABCE
in maths, further maths,physics and product design
And I'm predicted AAB
How about you?
Reply 6
Got AAAB at AS in maths,physics,economics and chemistry. I dropped economics and am predicted A*AAa at A2. With an 'a' in AS further maths.
But lets see i guess.
Mechanical/aerospace

Brunel
Nottingham
Loughborough
Sussex
Reply 8
hey

mechanical as well

cambridge
imperial
bath
Loughborough
bristol

sent ucas 2 days ago
Reply 9
Original post by kartik12
12 unis in america

i'm applying to a few in america as well!! which ones are you going for??
Applying for Mechanical.

Sending UCAS in November (I know its a bit late but I don't think it'll effect my chances too much).

Applying to:
Nottingham
Warwick
Birmingham
Leicester
Southampton
Reply 11
similar to above ^

Mechanical at...

Sheffield (was going to be warwick)
Birmingham
Nottingham
Lancaster
Leicester
Reply 12
Original post by kurovalte
hey

mechanical as well

cambridge
imperial
bath
Loughborough
bristol

sent ucas 2 days ago

good luck man :smile: If you dont mind me asking what ASs did you get? (want to know who im competing with :P)
Reply 13
jesus we got a lot more mechanical applicants than expected
Reply 14
i'm applying to a few in america as well!! which ones are you going for??

MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, UCLA, purdue...cant remember the rest :P. Have you given SATs yet?
Reply 15
MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Caltech, UCLA, purdue...cant remember the rest :P. Have you given SATs yet?

I got 5 A's at AS in Bio, Chem, Maths, FM and Physics and have 4 A* predictions for A2

I'm going for MIT and Caltech, i did the general SAT last year, what scores did you get??
Reply 16
I got 5 A's at AS in Bio, Chem, Maths, FM and Physics and have 4 A* predictions for A2

I'm going for MIT and Caltech, i did the general SAT last year, what scores did you get??

2200...dont know if its good enough :s-smilie:...what about you?
Reply 17
2200...dont know if its good enough :s-smilie:...what about you?

i got 2250 but my score breakdown was 800, 800, 650, so i dont know if i'll get in with the 650 :s-smilie: what about your AS's and predicted A2s??
Reply 18
i got 2250 but my score breakdown was 800, 800, 650, so i dont know if i'll get in with the 650 :s-smilie: what about your AS's and predicted A2s??

your a genius. you should get in just make sure you have like some good extra curriculur stuff because MIT really scrutinizes that. I take part in international public speaking stuff so i thought it would be a worth a try if that comes as a bonus. Well i got AAAB and predicted A*AAa. (Im doing AS further maths)
Reply 19
your a genius

not smart, just lucky, the maths and critical reading bits were easy, i dropped a load on the essay though :s-smilie:
i'm doing a load of extra curricular, like music and badminton but i dont really have much more than that

Anyone else doing something other than mechnical??

Quick Reply

Latest