The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I applied in october for natural sciences, and still havent heard anything,
but i have a friend who applied for the same course as me in october and got an offer 2 weeks
I just hate the waiting, as ive heard from all my other unis, and durham is where i really wanna go
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Just be passient guys, I applied in September and the only uni that heard of till mid January was Oxford :P.
Even York took to the 19th of January, not to speak of Durham, St. Andrews and Edinburgh. They all seem so slow this year...
Reply 22
I applied end of September and just received an offer 2 days ago, my friend said Durham always takes a while to respond though
Reply 23
I applied in December and got an offer last week, but I'm an international so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.....
Reply 24
still waiting...
Reply 25
aahh rejected =/
Oh well..
Reply 26
It took them ages for me, definitely. Didn't hear 'till March or April, and I believe most of my friends who applied had the same.
Reply 27
i was just wondering, is the waiting time for postgraduate application as long? :confused:
Original post by wholemeal
i was just wondering, is the waiting time for postgraduate application as long? :confused:

Hey,

To answer your question: I applied for MSc Strategic Marketing on May 18th and received my offer on the 23rd the same month! I suppose the waiting depends on several factors:

- How busy are admissions at the time
- When you apply - if you are a late applicant they kind of have to answer quicker, since they have deadlines as well
- The program you apply to - if it is a popular choice, it is natural for admissions to take longer, since there are more applications to be processed.

And in the end, the "waiting game" experience is individual for each applicant. Hope I was of some help :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by TeddyToneva
Hey,

To answer your question: I applied for MSc Strategic Marketing on May 18th and received my offer on the 23rd the same month! I suppose the waiting depends on several factors:

- How busy are admissions at the time
- When you apply - if you are a late applicant they kind of have to answer quicker, since they have deadlines as well
- The program you apply to - if it is a popular choice, it is natural for admissions to take longer, since there are more applications to be processed.

And in the end, the "waiting game" experience is individual for each applicant. Hope I was of some help :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I did eventually get a reply, about a month later? Which is actually fine for a waiting time, I was too anxious for my own good. :s-smilie:
Thanks for the reply! I did eventually get a reply, about a month later? Which is actually fine for a waiting time, I was too anxious for my own good. :s-smilie:

Good to know! So.. what was the response? Are you joining us this October and if so, what are you going to be studying if you don`t mind me asking? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by TeddyToneva
Good to know! So.. what was the response? Are you joining us this October and if so, what are you going to be studying if you don`t mind me asking? :smile:

I'm proud to say I am! I'm doing a phd in english! Just got into Ustinov:smile:
Reply 32
I'm proud to say I am! I'm doing a phd in english! Just got into Ustinov:smile:

I haven't met any other PhD or Ustinov postgrads on here yet. I'll be doing mine in Geography. What will your thesis be on?
I think if you apply by the earlier deadline they wait a bit, or else they end up giving all the Oxbridge candidates offers, which are then insuranced or rejected.

May be an old wives' tale though. I never heard back - I chose my insurance and firm because I didn't want to wait months after I'd got my other offers.
I'm still waiting, not heard anything from 2 departments.
Reply 35
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I'm still waiting, not heard anything from 2 departments.

Which departments?
Original post by Jh_m
Which departments?

Physics and Nat Sci.
Reply 37
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Physics and Nat Sci.

Is Durham your first choice? Where else did you apply?
Reply 38
For me, and many others I know, they took the longest to reply by far. Which was annoying to say the least. The wait seemed especially long if you applied to Oxbridge too, I think mine took 5 months or so.
Original post by Jh_m
Is Durham your first choice? Where else did you apply?

Im a late applicant, I got an offer from Manchester.

Latest