The Student Room Group

Asian girls and black guys.

First of all, I realise there are a fair few threads about Asians going round at the moment so I'm sorry to add to them, but it's something I've been wondering about recently...

I'm an Asian girl (British-Indian) and I find that most of the attention I get seems to be from black guys. Is this a new 'trend' (for want of a better word) that's happening? 3 out of 4 of the guys I've slept with have been black, so my friends seem to think I have a thing for black guys, but really I think it's that they have a thing for Asian girls...

I'd say I'm quite liberal compared to the stereo-typical Asian. I'm not a virgin and I think casual sex and sex before marriage is fine (although upto a limit). I'm 22 and I've never been in a relationship but I once dated a black guy, and I rarely find myself attracted to other Indian guys; I can see if the guy is good-looking or not but even if he is, I don't find myself attracted to him.

So why do I rarely see any Asian-Black couples? Recently, interracial relationships within the Asian community have been more accepted; I've been to loads of weddings where the bride is Indian and the groom is White. But why is it still so taboo to be with a black guy?

Why are Asians typically so bloody judgmental when it comes to sex and relationships? I know there are plenty of others who are laid-back like myself and don't really care about these things, but I bet there are loads of Asians reading this thinking what a 'slag' I am with no self-respect and how they wouldn't touch me with a barge pole, etc etc.

Insight, anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Hmm ha it's the opposite with me, i don't get any attention from black guys, but lots from white and brown ones. And i don't know how to help you with the last bit, just do whatever makes you happy and stop caring about what other people think of you. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
In my experience the Black guys I see go for just about ANY girl no matter how fat or ugly she is.

Are you referring to yourself. I can't really tell?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3
Only us white fellows have to be liberal and open minded, apparently.
bbc strikes again
First of all, I realise there are a fair few threads about Asians going round at the moment so I'm sorry to add to them, but it's something I've been wondering about recently...

I'm an Asian girl (British-Indian) and I find that most of the attention I get seems to be from black guys. Is this a new 'trend' (for want of a better word) that's happening? 3 out of 4 of the guys I've slept with have been black, so my friends seem to think I have a thing for black guys, but really I think it's that they have a thing for Asian girls...

I'd say I'm quite liberal compared to the stereo-typical Asian. I'm not a virgin and I think casual sex and sex before marriage is fine (although upto a limit). I'm 22 and I've never been in a relationship but I once dated a black guy, and I rarely find myself attracted to other Indian guys; I can see if the guy is good-looking or not but even if he is, I don't find myself attracted to him.

So why do I rarely see any Asian-Black couples? Recently, interracial relationships within the Asian community have been more accepted; I've been to loads of weddings where the bride is Indian and the groom is White. But why is it still so taboo to be with a black guy?

Why are Asians typically so bloody judgmental when it comes to sex and relationships? I know there are plenty of others who are laid-back like myself and don't really care about these things, but I bet there are loads of Asians reading this thinking what a 'slag' I am with no self-respect and how they wouldn't touch me with a barge pole, etc etc.

Insight, anyone?

I don't think you're a slag. I just think you're a retard for writing a man off because of his race :wink:

EDIT: Downvoted by Brit Asian chicks too butthurt to reply back. Cry more bros :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
Does it really matter? :K: Good for u OP

Reply 7
In my experience the Black guys I see go for just about ANY girl no matter how fat or ugly she is.

What the hell is wrong with you?! Screw you.

X

I'm an Asian girl (British-Indian) and I find that most of the attention I get seems to be from black guys. Is this a new 'trend' (for want of a better word) that's happening?

I mainly get hit on by black guys too (I'm white), but that's because I live in a predominantly black area. Could be to do with where you live? :dontknow:
Original post by SleepySheep
I mainly get hit on by black guys too (I'm white), but that's because I live in a predominantly black area. Could be to do with where you live? :dontknow:

Your white I see...

Original post by Golden_Boy786
Your white I see...

Yup...
Original post by ravvv
Asian person bitching about racial issues, this is new and exciting!

Please stop. People will think we're all weird like you. Thanks. X

I don't understand this either. British asian guys not wanting to date british asian females because of lack of attraction. And similarly British asian girls not wanting to date british asian guys.

It's strange because i have not found this phenomenon in Australia or elsewhere where overseas indians reside. Why does this happen in the UK? Must be british water or something.
Original post by ShredMaster
I don't think you're a slag. I just think you're a retard for writing a man off because of his race :wink:

I agree. I don't know what your background is but seriously why do all these british asians post about not being attracted to asians. I mean seriously like they've seen all asians and all asians have the same features. Never seen this in Aus. Is it really common in the UK?
If some british asians don't like much about being asian, why refer to yourself as asian even?

Not against people dating whatever race but why drag another race, incidentally your own in this case, to do so.
The word Asian seems racist to me. You're essentially ignoring all the racial groups categorized under Asian. I'm sure some Brit will feel offended if you kept calling him/her a Westerner just like you say that to an American. Feels like the word Asian makes every ethnic group in Asia lose their identity.
Reply 14
I just think we need to stop being so primitive. I'm mixed race and I don't think that instantly bounds me to thinking mixed race guys are attractive. At the end of the day you like who you like, whether they're black yellow or purple.

Original post by indianaussie
I don't understand this either. British asian guys not wanting to date british asian females because of lack of attraction. And similarly British asian girls not wanting to date british asian guys.

It's strange because i have not found this phenomenon in Australia or elsewhere where overseas indians reside. Why does this happen in the UK? Must be british water or something.

No, I think it's an English thing. Coz I don't see the same happening in Scotland. Plus it also depends on the persons upbringing and family background.
Reply 16

It's really not anything, it's just people on this forum lol.

X
I agree. I don't know what your background is but seriously why do all these british asians post about not being attracted to asians. I mean seriously like they've seen all asians and all asians have the same features. Never seen this in Aus. Is it really common in the UK?
If some british asians don't like much about being asian, why refer to yourself as asian even?

Not against people dating whatever race but why drag another race, incidentally your own in this case, to do so.

don't take this website seriously, most do want to date asians. It's just that the asians who do want to date asians won't post about it, but the ones who want to date white people want advice or a reaction so hence they are more likely to post about it.

Insight, anyone?

My mum's asian and my dad's black, I guess in the early 90s this was rare but nowadays it's more accepted (esp in London)
I don't know whether it's racism or just ignorance but in the past I definitely was treated differently by asians inc. family due to me being half black and there was one occasion when I was 10 where a mother encouraged her children to be racially abusive toward me. But I don't dwell on things and to me it's really about who you are as a person rather than what you are.

Do what you like, date who you like, at the end of the day you're not harming anyone so why should it matter to others?

My ex boyfriend had a thing for asian girls. It really used to bug me - not because they were asian but because he was so obsessed with them. He would talk about how long and lovely there hair was unlike most black girls and how they didn't have attitude unlike most black girls. This is all his opinion of course - I think its because nowadays its easy for a black guy to get with a white, mixed or black girl but getting with an asian girl still seems a bit taboo - partially due to strict asian customs and traditions that are still in place today. I guess its like getting a rare pokemon card or something.
Needeless to say I dumped him mainly because he felt he could get someone better than me - basically an asian girl that looked like Kim Kardashian - he ins tead ended up with this 40 year old white lady called Carol who had two kids. :borat::borat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending