The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 May 2012 Questions (not actual paper)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Amz1217
I put down DNA base sequence and Protein synthesis, I'm not sure about embryology since it was based on molecular evidence and for the diff species one I'll probs get 1 mark for it coz all I said was mate them and see for infertile offspring

embryology is molecular there was same question on June 2010 paper
Reply 41
Original post by otrivine
embryology is molecular there was same question on June 2010 paper

Fair enough, some moleculary enough to me anyway, lol
Reply 42
Original post by Amz1217
Fair enough, some moleculary enough to me anyway, lol

i think so well lets pray :wink: anyways all the best of luck mate :wink:
Reply 43
i think so well lets pray :wink: anyways all the best of luck mate :wink:

Thanks, you too mate :biggrin:
Reply 44
Original post by Amz1217
Thanks, you too mate :biggrin:

i know this was done aaages ago but i really want the paper!! How can no one have it??
Reply 45
Original post by niaghez

i know this was done aaages ago but i really want the paper!! How can no one have it??

Don't think anyone has the paper but the page before on this thread has all the questions in the exam and the marks they were written in a comment by me, should substitute for it, lol
Reply 46
ohh i havent done too badly i dont think! what do you think 75-80 would be? lol
Any ideas if f211 is out too?
Reply 47
Original post by niaghez

That should be a solid A, personally I found the exam alright but I know lots who struggled and maybe others in the country did so hopefully the A boundary will be in the mid 60's
Original post by niaghez

I think for an A it will be from 63-65, it was a challenging paper with a lot of unfamiliar like situations which I think would have caught people. A lot of people have even said it was the hardest f212 paper (I was kind of surprise with that seeing as there wasn't a lot of ecology).

F211 is difficult to say, that too had A LOT of application as well but a lot of people found it doable, saying that I think an A will be 43-44.
Reply 49
Original post by mathsclown
I think for an A it will be from 63-65, it was a challenging paper with a lot of unfamiliar like situations which I think would have caught people. A lot of people have even said it was the hardest f212 paper (I was kind of surprise with that seeing as there wasn't a lot of ecology).

F211 is difficult to say, that too had A LOT of application as well but a lot of people found it doable, saying that I think an A will be 43-44.

this paper was ages ago so i forgot what people found difficult... i agree there were hard questions... but other than the continous discon one and like the inorgnic fertilisers... what else was hard about it?? i honestly cant remember! :confused:
Original post by niaghez
this paper was ages ago so i forgot what people found difficult... i agree there were hard questions... but other than the continous discon one and like the inorgnic fertilisers... what else was hard about it?? i honestly cant remember! :confused:

Hmm i cant remember the questions specifically, but when I did January 2011 as practise, supposedly the hardest paper, I didn't need to think much about what I was writing, it felt like a regurgitation of what I learnt lol. For this paper I definetly had to stop and think about some questions and link different areas of the syllabus a lot more. I think I got around 79 to 83 in this and about 46 to 49 in F211. Hate biology to be honest :/ Need an A overall but my practical scores are awful so need about 135-150ums in F212 and about 75-90 ums in f211, have f214 but only have a day left to finish the syllabus ://
Reply 51
Hmm i cant remember the questions specifically, but when I did January 2011 as practise, supposedly the hardest paper, I didn't need to think much about what I was writing, it felt like a regurgitation of what I learnt lol. For this paper I definetly had to stop and think about some questions and link different areas of the syllabus a lot more. I think I got around 79 to 83 in this and about 46 to 49 in F211. Hate biology to be honest :/ Need an A overall but my practical scores are awful so need about 135-150ums in F212 and about 75-90 ums in f211, have f214 but only have a day left to finish the syllabus ://

wow.. i am in the EXACT same boat as you!! desperately need higher UMS. i think i got about 75-83 and i dont even remember unit 1...
I'm only sayiing this because i dont remember the paper at all but wont 65 be too low for this paper? i remember someone said their exam officer looked at the paper and thought 68 for an A...:s-smilie:
Original post by niaghez
wow.. i am in the EXACT same boat as you!! desperately need higher UMS. i think i got about 75-83 and i dont even remember unit 1...
I'm only sayiing this because i dont remember the paper at all but wont 65 be too low for this paper? i remember someone said their exam officer looked at the paper and thought 68 for an A...:s-smilie:

I think mid 60s so 64,65,66 cant see it being higher than that personally. Oh well lets just hope we've done enough to get what we need :biggrin: guess we'll have to wait till august!
Reply 53
I think mid 60s so 64,65,66 cant see it being higher than that personally. Oh well lets just hope we've done enough to get what we need :biggrin: guess we'll have to wait till august!

oooh well i hope you re right! so nervous for friday im only just starting to read the book and maybe try and do some past papers for friday... so basically cramming :frown:
Original post by niaghez
oooh well i hope you re right! so nervous for friday im only just starting to read the book and maybe try and do some past papers for friday... so basically cramming :frown:

Finishing off excretion (long) and photosynthesis today so hopefully have time to do respiration tomorrow! Hate bio seriously cant wait till the exam is over.
Reply 55
i plan on starting and finishing respiration, photosynthesis and half the first module by today.. then the rest tomorrow.. i guess i wont be sleeping much tonight or tomorrow night.:K:
Reply 56
Finishing off excretion (long) and photosynthesis today so hopefully have time to do respiration tomorrow! Hate bio seriously cant wait till the exam is over.

what i said above ^ lol forgot to quote!
Original post by niaghez
i plan on starting and finishing respiration, photosynthesis and half the first module by today.. then the rest tomorrow.. i guess i wont be sleeping much tonight or tomorrow night.:K:

Yup, photosynthesis and respiration will definetly come up, werent in jan, also think nerves and hormones will come up and maybe anabolic steroids.
Reply 58
Original post by Amz1217
Yeah, that's the question which I wrote 'Suitable Control' for and tbh Biology isn't like Chem or Maths it's hard to make a mark scheme for it, people can write so many different answers to the same question

hi how are u :smile:

can i ask the question on why undesirable for loss of enzymes is it cause is loss of metabolic process?
Reply 59
hi how are u :smile:

can i ask the question on why undesirable for loss of enzymes is it cause is loss of metabolic process?

Hey, I'm fine thanks, how about you?

That question was weird, I think it was along the lines of the enzyme not being able to be used for medical purposes or maybe research purposes, I wrote research but I think medicines would be more likely to be correct. Don't think your answer would be right if you just wrote 'loss of metabolic process' alone.

Quick Reply