The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Academic Calendar?

I'm starting my studies @ Imperial soon (yeah-hi everyone!:biggrin: ) and so I have lots and lots of questions...I know that there is probably a great number of websites providing the answers(and I will surely look through them), but I still have some problems with UK's academic calendar (whatever it sounds like:hmmmm:)
How do the holidays during the academic year look like? When do we have any days off, and how does the workload look like?

It'd be very helpful for international students, though it's always better (and cheaper!:biggrin:) to book flights earlier.
Reply 1
Just follow this link:yep:
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/information/termdates

It's not difficult to do some research at Imperial's website :biggrin:
What will you be studying?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Oh... I had seen it before making the new thread:biggrin:

What I mean is:
A) do we have any other special ocasions due which we could have any days off (and looooong weekends :cool: !!!)?
B) How is the workload @ the end of the terms? Are exams at the very end of it ( or is it possible for me to play truant-and have a flight earlier :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )?

I believe that most international students would like to get an opportunity for visiting home more than 3 times a year (especially those with their girlfriends left there :rolleyes: )

BTW-I'll be studing Mechanical Eng with year abroad:wink:
Reply 3
Luke_g
Oh... I had seen it before making the new thread:biggrin:

What I mean is:
A) do we have any other special ocasions due which we could have any days off (and looooong weekends :cool: !!!)?
B) How is the workload @ the end of the terms? Are exams at the very end of it ( or is it possible for me to play truant-and have a flight earlier :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )?

I believe that most international students would like to get an opportunity for visiting home more than 3 times a year (especially those with their girlfriends left there :rolleyes: )

BTW-I'll be studing Mechanical Eng with year abroad:wink:

A) You get days off on bank holidays, and some special events such as Commemmoration Day, which is the big graduation ceremony in the Royal Albert Hall. Also, large amounts of snow can stop staff from arriving, and so departments can become unsafe when large numbers of students appear, so you can get days off that way.

B)At the end of each term you might have a project due in, or some extra work to do, so don't rely on the end of term being empty, just to get a few days extra at home. You would rarely get an exam at the end of the winter term though, especially for first years; the first college exams you should expect are at the start of the spring term.
Reply 4
No one will check (often) if you are around. You will only put yourself at a disadvantage by missing lectures.

Latest

Trending

Trending