08457 90 90 90
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Mehh
You can check the Samaritans.
08457 90 90 90

:rofl: The most helpful TSRian, you are.
Reply 3
Dont know why im telling you this, as we're in "direct competition" is it were, but the admissions tutor for maths would be good. number is on all the letters you've ever received from imperial....cba going to my bedroom to find the piece of paper ive written all that sort of stuff (including the name of the guy to talk to) down on....
http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/mathematics/admissions/ug/applications_and_offers/afteryourresults

"Please try not to call us unless you have vital information to impart"
Mehh
You can check the Samaritans.
08457 90 90 90

haha, funny a bit cruel at this particular time.

Lol and by what you've written in your location section, I presume you are an imperial student as well.

OP I'd go and look on the Imperial website than try and obtain the number from TSR to be honest.
Rated R Superstar
Hey, I've applied for Mathematics, obviously I need an A in every Further Maths module to meet the offer. If, for example, I get a B in one of the modules and narrowly miss out on the offer, what's the number to call so I can plead my case and beg them to let me in? I can't seem to find it anywhere

Also, I spoke to the admissions tutor and he said I was more likely to get in with AAB (B in Physics) than with AAA and a B in one of my modules. Just a heads up.
jennikay
Also, I spoke to the admissions tutor and he said I was more likely to get in with AAB (B in Physics) than with AAA and a B in one of my modules. Just a heads up.

I think that A in every module in maths offer is really cruel. Someone got an offer of 3 As with an A in every module of maths and further maths, and think he had to achieve some grades in some step exams too (the degree was maths and Economics at Warwick).

I've got no idea why offers for maths students seem to be so hard. I personally didn't apply for maths (I applied for medicine). But still I sympathise.
Inspirations have I none
I think that A in every module in maths offer is really cruel. Someone got an offer of 3 As with an A in every module of maths and further maths, and think he had to achieve some grades in some step exams too (the degree was maths and Economics at Warwick).

I've got no idea why offers for maths students seem to be so hard. I personally didn't apply for maths (I applied for medicine). But still I sympathise.

Thing is, that they want people to be good at maths. I have no sympathy; I'm going to get As in my modules, and if I don't, then it means I wasn't a suitable candidate for Imperial. Simple as that I think.

I understand completely what the admissions tutor said to me - they'd rather have someone who's good at all aspects of maths than someone who's not as good at maths but is super duper at quantum theory and astrology :rolleyes:

The fact is that Imperial can impose those requirements, so of course they will. They still get enough people each year who meet the requirements!

Sorry, I've ranted enough. :p: I do think the 'no resits' rule is rather harsh, you should be allowed to resit one module once. Everyone has bad days.
Reply 9
Inspirations have I none
haha, funny a bit cruel at this particular time.

Lol and by what you've written in your location section, I presume you are an imperial student as well.

OP I'd go and look on the Imperial website than try and obtain the number from TSR to be honest.

Not an Imperial College Student anymore.
Glad to be out of there!

But seriously, most courses at Imperial College are seriously oversubscribed. Maths is likely to be one that is oversubscribed.

Latest

Trending

Trending