The Student Room Group

The Remark Thread - Questions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
4 marks off an A... Resit or remark? .__.''
Reply 61
i was two marks off a B in chem, 1 mark off a B in biology and two marks off a C in physics. i am getting my chemistry and bilogy remarked coz am very certain that there is something ''wrong''
Guinny
4 marks off an A... Resit or remark? .__.''

Both maybe? How well do you think you did? If you feel that you did really well in the exams then it might be worth getting a remark. You should also be able to request a photocopy of your script which will allow you to see where you might have lost marks, and also to see if you have been under-marked and whether it might be worth putting in for a remark.

In terms of resitting is it just one module that you're down by 4 marks on? Then it might be worth resitting if the remark doesn't go your way or you don't get it remarked.
dannidolly
yaaaaaaaaay for the thread i need some advice please....
was told by my teacher that my A in A2 History was pretty much guaranteed ( i know he shouldnt of said it but there we go!) and that my personal study was worth a high A.
come results day and my overall mark is a B. Considering its what i want to do at uni and my hopes have been built up im so dissapointed. I got AABBB in my modules but a C in one of them. should i ask for it to be remarked?
who do i contact about this?
any help would be great x

i'd definately try and get it remarked if its only ten marks u need - hope it all works out 4 u - u deserve ur A :smile: x

oh and i hate it when teachers do that :frown:
m getting politics 2 modules remarked ict coursework remarked
Reply 65
Can anyone help?

My firm Exeter declined my offer, I was 2 UMS marks away from one of the A grades I needed. So I'm getting it re marked.

Will this in any way stop me getting into my Insurance that has accepted me? How long do I have to accept that offer?
Reply 66
thetopnotch
Both maybe? How well do you think you did? If you feel that you did really well in the exams then it might be worth getting a remark. You should also be able to request a photocopy of your script which will allow you to see where you might have lost marks, and also to see if you have been under-marked and whether it might be worth putting in for a remark.

In terms of resitting is it just one module that you're down by 4 marks on? Then it might be worth resitting if the remark doesn't go your way or you don't get it remarked.

I felt pretty bad walking out of the exam hall for most of my subjects, so I can't really judge now well I think I did.

Requesting a photocopy is probably a good idea... I'll probably do that first. I got a, b, b, in the modules, both bs were high ones which makes my life rather difficult. It would be better if I had 2 as and one low b.
aliluvschoc
Can anyone help?

My firm Exeter declined my offer, I was 2 UMS marks away from one of the A grades I needed. So I'm getting it re marked.

Will this in any way stop me getting into my Insurance that has accepted me? How long do I have to accept that offer?

If you re-post in either The 'So you've checked Track: What now? thread or the Results Day Problems? thread you should get more replies from people who really know their stuff :smile:
Reply 68
I got my alevel biology results and am absolutely stunned. all my A2 mocks were Cs, i had a safe C at AS with a 13mark cushion yet i have got a D overall, thus missing out on my place at medical school. What puzzles me about these is that in unit 4 i got 55/100 unit 5 43/100 and unit 6 48/100. how the hell have i got Es and Ds when i was forecasted Cs, had Cs, predicted a B grade overall and came out of the exams thinking i had nailed them. i just dont get it - is it worth getting a remark now as i am 19 marks off the C grade - does anyone have any experiences of this?
Guinny
I felt pretty bad walking out of the exam hall for most of my subjects, so I can't really judge now well I think I did.

Requesting a photocopy is probably a good idea... I'll probably do that first. I got a, b, b, in the modules, both bs were high ones which makes my life rather difficult. It would be better if I had 2 as and one low b.

Request a photocopy and then look through it to see if a remark would lead to better marks. If that doesn't seem the case then retake both as this would increase your chance of getting an A and also give you more leeway if you carry on the subject to A2
thetopnotch
How well do you think you did? If you feel that you did better then you should go for a remark. You could laso get a photocopy of your papers and look through them before putting your modules in for remarks. I did this and noticed some papers were undermarked and my grade went up when I sent it off for remarking :smile:

I think i should've done much better. I got an A in my mock with hardly any revison, so getting a B with loooaaaads of revision seems weird. As far as i can remember i felt that the exam went pretty well too.
Reply 71
Hi, Sorry if this has been mentioned before but:
a) How long does it take for the remarked score to come through?
b) If your grade does go up and you subsequently meet an offer you didn't so before, do you have to notify the university or does track automatically update?
Thanks.
TheOneCurlyFry
I think i should've done much better. I got an A in my mock with hardly any revison, so getting a B with loooaaaads of revision seems weird. As far as i can remember i felt that the exam went pretty well too.

Try and find the grade boundaries for your modules and try to work out how far from an A you were for both modules in terms of raw marks. If you are close to the A then it would definitely be worth getting the remark. If you can't find it contact your school teacher and/or your exams office and ask them about your raw marks for the exam. I think you could consider getting photocopied scripts too, they might help you work out how far off you are. You will have to put yourself in for remarks soon afterwards though.
KYH
Hi, Sorry if this has been mentioned before but:
a) How long does it take for the remarked score to come through?
b) If your grade does go up and you subsequently meet an offer you didn't so before, do you have to notify the university or does track automatically update?
Thanks.

a) I sent in a remark which took 2.5 weeks to arrive at school with a new results sheet. But that was for AS levels. You can get a priority remark if you need to give in the results to uni which will only take a few days. If you talk to your exams officer or a teacher they should be able to advise you on this.

b) Ask that question in the REsults day problems? thread (if it doesn't get answered in this thread. There are some excellent sources of information in there :smile:
Basicaly i missed my firm offer by 4 marks on the UMS, and am kind of clutching at straws to get a place in my first choice university, nottingham. i got a C in applied business (supposedly the easiest subject i have taken) anyways i need to try and get 4 more marks i have already applied to have my exampaper BS03 remarked but is there any way to get coursework remarked cause my teacher was rubbish.
Thanks jonney
I'm 7 UMS marks off an A in French which would mean I could get in to my firm. I know I'm one UMS mark off a B in one paper Is it worth getting one of the papers remarked? I'm not sure if it would go up 7 UMS marks as a result though...it's the written paper so there's more room for subjectivity rather than a listening.
Reply 76
thetopnotch
a) I sent in a remark which took 2.5 weeks to arrive at school with a new results sheet. But that was for AS levels. You can get a priority remark if you need to give in the results to uni which will only take a few days. If you talk to your exams officer or a teacher they should be able to advise you on this.

b) Ask that question in the REsults day problems? thread (if it doesn't get answered in this thread. There are some excellent sources of information in there :smile:

Thanks so much!
I want some advice really. I got BBB, was predicted ABB, A in maths. I don't need any particular grades as I didn't apply for uni this year and will be taking a gap year, however the course that I wanna apply to needs anything from BBB-AAB depending on the uni.

The breakdown of my modules for maths are as follows:

C1: 88/100
C2: 96/100
C3: 75/100 (got 69/100 in resit though)
C4: 57/100
S1: 80/100
S2: 63/100

Now the ones I wanted to get remarked were C3 and C4 as I know there's absolutely no way I could have gotten a C in the C3 paper and no way I got a D in the C4 paper. The one I'm mainly focused on is C3, as I was expecting at least 89 UMS or something and for C4 at least a C if not a B. Now I realise that it comes to 453UMS (with the C3 resit) and I'd need 27UMS marks from elsewhere which is unlikely, but I really do think that they made a huge error as I really loved that paper. :frown:
Do you think it's likely that both C4 and C3 will move up by 27UMS in marks in total from remarking?

I'd rather you just tell me straight rather than offer false hope really. Thanks in advance.
Reply 78
One sodding mark off an A in English Literature and a C in History. I want to get them both remarked, but I may just go for History as it's more important at the moment.

I would have been so happy if I'd had those extra two grades for History! :angry:
Reply 79
Is it if your UMS or GRADE goes up that you wont get charged for a remark?

5 of my maths modules seem WAY WAY out (talking 20%), and will be requesting scripts.

Quick Reply

Latest