The Student Room Group

Missed offer requirement but firm is still conditional

Hi, I missed my requirement grade for my firm by 4 marks and I called up the uni to tell them this but they told me to wait till tomorrow until ucas updates.

The thing is, I didn't get to express my passion 4 the uni or the course but I merely told them that I missed my requirement by 4 marks. Should I ring up the uni again to tell them that I really want to go there? Or would they be irritated? (this is uni of warwick btw)

I've given my UCAS code and my name when I called few min ago so they definitely know that I called...

Thanks in advance!

Scroll to see replies

covasugar1
Hi, I missed my requirement grade for my firm by 4 marks and I called up the uni to tell them this but they told me to wait till tomorrow until ucas updates.

The thing is, I didn't get to express my passion 4 the uni or the course but I merely told them that I missed my requirement by 4 marks. Should I ring up the uni again to tell them that I really want to go there? Or would they be irritated? (this is uni of warwick btw)

I've given my UCAS code and my name when I called few min ago so they definitely know that I called...

Thanks in advance!

If you've called them and they've told you to wait, then follow their advice.
Reply 2
what number do u use.. do u call them on the clearing number?.. coz its always engaged
Reply 3
Exactly same problem here. Missed the grade for my firm choice (no insurance) and UCAS track still says conditional. Ringing up UCAS they say I have to wait for the university, rang up the university they say it will take up to 48 hours for them to make there mind up. My gut feeling is they won't accept me, problem is I can't apply to any courses through clearing until they have said yes or no, which is really not a nice situation to be in.
Reply 4
jaison2
what number do u use.. do u call them on the clearing number?.. coz its always engaged

I used the admissions offce number, but it will take quite a while to get through due to the massive volume of calls that will be made today.
Reply 5
jaison2

i used 44 24 7653 3544 - it took me bout an hour n half 2 get thru tho. what u applied 4 n how much did u miss it by (if you don't mind me asking)?
Reply 6
Just keep ringing and ringing.
Same happened to me.
I suggested talking to the admissions people, but I was just told to wait because my application was still being considered and check ucas. If not, ring them back in the morning.
Reply 7
J400uk
Exactly same problem here. Missed the grade for my firm choice (no insurance) and UCAS track still says conditional. Ringing up UCAS they say I have to wait for the university, rang up the university they say it will take up to 48 hours for them to make there mind up. My gut feeling is they won't accept me, problem is I can't apply to any courses through clearing until they have said yes or no, which is really not a nice situation to be in.

what course did you apply to? and how much did you miss it by?
If you WANT your uni to reject you and you've been told it'll take longer than 24 hours for a decision then call UCAS. Tell UCAS that your uni are saying it'll take days for a decision and you want to go into clearing. UCAS will give your uni 24 hours to make up their minds and if they don't then UCAS will reject you on behalf of the uni and you'll get into clearing.
Reply 9
covasugar1
i used 44 24 7653 3544 - it took me bout an hour n half 2 get thru tho. what u applied 4 n how much did u miss it by (if you don't mind me asking)?

they asked for 260 points and i got 220.. but i did really well in my I.T. i got these grades just due to two modules rest r like... A,B,C,D and D... for qml
Reply 10
Magnum Opus
If you've called them and they've told you to wait, then follow their advice.

ok...thx
Poor you, I technically missed my offer by about 4 marks and my firm let me in :frown: Wait til tomorrow, if they've said wait then just wait :smile:
same happened to me, but i called them and they told me that they will make a decision after lunch. So i just have to wait now...
Yeah, me too I have to wait until after 2pm which is when UCAS next updates anyway I think. My offer was ABB for CompSci at Cardiff, and I got ACCc (IT,Geo,Maths,Physics AS) which is the same number of points, but whether they'll accept the Physics or not I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Reply 14
covasugar1
what course did you apply to? and how much did you miss it by?

Computer Science (which has free spaces) and missed by a couple of grades.

Nothing I can do now but wait....

I'm surprised so many of us are in the same boat, it seems a very silly thing for UCAS to allow to happen.
J400uk
Computer Science (which has free spaces) and missed by a couple of grades.

Nothing I can do now but wait....

I'm surprised so many of us are in the same boat, it seems a very silly thing for UCAS to allow to happen.

It's not UCAS's fault - it's your uni which is being slow in making decisions and sending them to UCAS. UCAS updates within minutes of the infor coming from unis....
Reply 16
PQ
It's not UCAS's fault - it's your uni which is being slow in making decisions and sending them to UCAS. UCAS updates within minutes of the infor coming from unis....

Well IMO UCAS should have insisted for unis to have made there mind up beforehand, as this leaves people in a really unfair situation.
Reply 17
does anybody know when we have to reply to our universities? and is it worth it to get my papers remarked? or should i wait till tmw and see whether my universities will accept me with AAB instead of AAA?
Reply 18
hey,i missed my offer for biomedical science at kings college by one grade as the offer was for ABB and i got BBB. But on track it says UNCONDITIONAL, that means i have been accepted, right???
Reply 19
same i missed my offer by 1 mark i got a B in maths instead of an A but bath hasnt got back to me ( there offer is aab) i got an A in chemistry and a B in biology so im confused. cardiff has accepted ( there offer was abb) someone please help???

Latest

Trending

Trending