The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 1
I assume if you do, you hear from the uni confirming your course and giving you your accomodation. If you don't get the grades (which I'm sure won't happen), then you call the uni and beg and/or go through clearing!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Lauren Hart
So, ye, what happens, what are you meant to do if you do/dont get the grades.....

You'll probably be told all of this nearer the time by your school. But if you do get the grades you do nothing, just await confirmation in the post!! If you don't get them, you'll need to be on the phone to the admissions tutor for your subject as soon as possible, and they'll tell you whether or not they'll still give you your place. If not, then it's either reserve choice, or if you miss out on that too, then firstly phone them, if not, it's into clearing.

Ruthie xx
Reply 3
Wow... I was right in something for once :biggrin:
Reply 4
thats what i thought, i just wondered if the unis send anything out to people closer to the date or something *shrugs* dunno.
Lauren Hart
thats what i thought, i just wondered if the unis send anything out to people closer to the date or something *shrugs* dunno.

i think they wait until after results just in case :smile:

Ruthie xx
Reply 6
Unis don't contact you until after the results come out, so don't worry.

It's really important that you get on the phone straight away if you don't get the grades - so make sure you arrive to get your results as early as possible, and you've got plenty of credit on your phone.

Phone lines will probably be completely jammed, especially for the more popular courses, so be prepared to keep calling, and don't give up until you get through. When you do, be as polite as you can. The poor admissions tutor on the other end of the line is having his/her busiest and most stressful day of the year, much like you are.

Universities rarely fill all their courses to capacity, so even if you don't end up doing exactly what you originally wanted to, you will end up doing *something*. And there's always the option of taking a year out and reapplying. A lot of unis actually prefer that you do this.

It's definitely worth going for your dream course even if you don't quite make the grade. But be prepared to beg.

And lastly... SO many people I know came to uni on one course, and then changed to their prefered course when they got here. It's very easy to do, so long as they're not too wildly different and you do it in the first couple of weeks of term. The university doesn't want to lose you because that's very expensive for them. You can even get into courses with much higher grade requirements this way.
Reply 7
APPARENTLY... you can find out if you've got your grades/place at 1st choice uni via ucas track before the results are even out.

it seems that it only works for some candidates, and we're only talking like 6am on results day or something, maybe a bit earlier but i can't be too sure. it's because the universities and ucas get our results before we do, i think. but anyway, just a little nugget of information i thought i'd share with everyone.
I was talking to someone on the internet last year who was accepted by UCLAN on UCAS Track the night before results day. Doubt it'll be the same for all of us though.
Reply 9
The night before? whoah!

This is why we have to work really hard guys, we cannot afford to be in this situation. As long as you try your best then I suppose you will have no regrets!

I was wondering, though, if you can reject your A2 grade and just keep your AS grade? does anyboy know if that is possible?

After all my offers are points based and not specific subject based so is this possible?

-------------------------------
The Aston Crew 2005
caffecooki
thunderstorm
al-ien
neems
xxCharlottexx
elizabeth86
CrazyChemist
Patsyxx
Alchemy
ayo2006
-----------------------

Studying A levels in Law, Maths and Economics. AS Citizenship

Firm: Aston: Accounting for Management(ABB)
Insurance: Brunel: Accounting and Finance(BCC)

Declined: Uni of Birmingham(ABB/BBB)
Declined: Hertfordshire University(CCC)

Rejected: LSE(ABB)
Rejected: City Univeristy(BBC)
----------------------------------
Our exams officer told us that we have until a certain date in September (can't remember which) to reject A2 grades.
Reply 11
Too bad ill be away, maybe i can get my sister or someone to find out for me....
hmmm, will have to see
Reply 12
Thanx Charlottie

LOL@ lauren

Latest

Trending

Trending