The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
studyboy
Hah, this happens not only in your department! 250+ students for Maths! Is that really necessary??

It is if Imperial want to make money for research.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
sunspoon
It is if Imperial want to make money for research.

True! I just hope it will be better for the freshers this year. Less is more!
studyboy
Hah, this happens not only in your department! 250+ students for Maths! Is that really necessary??

You'd think the statisticians in the department would be able to predict how many students would accept/achieve their offers and hence decide how many offers to make....
Reply 23
sunspoon
Oh, they ended up admitting so many people that there's an overflow room for each lecture which is videolinked the main lecture hall. A bit ridiculous seeing as the year groups about 250. Dunno why they just don't borrow another departments lecture theatre ...

Is this Maths you're talking about? :s-smilie:
Reply 24
Emc2
Is this Maths you're talking about? :s-smilie:

PHYSICS.
You applied to the most heartless uni in the world. I think even for deferred entry you need to meet you offer requirements this year to get the place.
Reply 26
sunspoon
PHYSICS.

How was this obvious?
Reply 27
Emc2
How was this obvious?

IT WASN'T.
Reply 28
gangsta316
You'd think the statisticians in the department would be able to predict how many students would accept/achieve their offers and hence decide how many offers to make....

Hah! I doubt this will happen!

Till this day, I am still reeling from the shock of having almost 250+ people in the lecture hall. Wait till 5 Oct (if you are coming), you will know what I mean!

Latest

Trending

Trending