The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I got into my course History & Politics, they asked for ABB, and i got AAA :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
How do I apply for one of those special grants for getting AAA?
Reply 22
killwirk
How do I apply for one of those special grants for getting AAA?

You don't need to apply, the university will get it to you automatically if you qualify. They will send you an email next year about it.
kk thx
WOOO LANCASTER!!!! Got ACC and doing engineering :smile:.
Anyone know when we find out about accomidation?
im hoping to get into county, any1 else applied to their?
x
Untitled1
Congratulations everyone!

I also got in for Psychology, with AAAB :smile: I cannot wait!

Although the scholarship doesn't matter (it's a very nice bonus though!), I missed out on it by 2 marks, unless they count General Studies which was my third A. But my place at Lancaster is much more important than the scholarship :smile:

Congrats I shall see you there! & I think general studies is included but I could be wrong :confused:
Reply 26
I got AACa (took extra AS in f maths), and got in for 4 year Theoretical Physics :smile:
Reply 27
I got in to study Economics. AAD (how embarassing)- but I missed one of my exams so it was to be expected.

See you all at Lonsdale!
Reply 28
Aww, I cannot wait now! I keep reading Lancaster Uni guides and general Freshers Week guides and then getting giddy! :smile:

I'll be even more excited when I found out the college I'm in.

I know you put a second choice - does anyone know anyone though who didn't get into their second choice of accommodation too? And also, will they only put you in Standard if you applied for standard i.e. if you've applied for standard, they won't put you in ensuite will they? I wouldn't be able to afford that, so I'm a little worried there! :eek:
Reply 29
RabbitCFH
Ok I will! Are you going on the Open day next week or not?

No, I've been there quite a lot lately to sort out adapting my room...
I got in to do History. :biggrin: I needed ABB but got AAA. I couldn't believe it when I saw my results sheet - I was just relieved that I'd got in. Still, that scholarship's going to be very nice.

I'm so excited now. I'm going shopping on Monday for some uni stuff!
Reply 31
I got into computer science - needed BBB, got ABB :biggrin:, I was in disbelief when I looked on UCAS haha

I've applied to Grizedale as my first and County as my second, still haven't heard anything from the university yet - is that something I should be worried about?

Anyway congratulations to everybody! see you all in september :smile:
Reply 32
alexQ
I got into computer science - needed BBB, got ABB :biggrin:, I was in disbelief when I looked on UCAS haha

I've applied to Grizedale as my first and County as my second, still haven't heard anything from the university yet - is that something I should be worried about?

Anyway congratulations to everybody! see you all in september :smile:

Same with me except I needed BBB to get on a biomed course and got ABB :woo:
I also put grizedale as my first choice :five:
Does anyone know when we find out about accomidation?
Reply 34
Christmas_cake
Does anyone know when we find out about accomidation?

Accommodation is in the next couple of weeks.
Reply 35
Is anyone else doing computer science? :biggrin:

Also, when is everybody else gonna start shopping for uni stuff? (atm what with my incredibly busy schedule of being unemployed - I havent had a chance yet lol)
Reply 36
alexQ
Is anyone else doing computer science? :biggrin:

Also, when is everybody else gonna start shopping for uni stuff? (atm what with my incredibly busy schedule of being unemployed - I havent had a chance yet lol)

I strted the other day. But i have a lot of old saucepans and plates and mugs from home so i dont need to get too much! even if some of the stuff is 20 years old and looks horrible lol! Saves a lot of money. For the rest of the stuff i need im probably going to go to tesco or wilkinsons or something.

Why did someone neg rep me for this post?????? Whats wrong with it.
Kyle Brown
I got in to study Economics. AAD (how embarassing)- but I missed one of my exams so it was to be expected.

See you all at Lonsdale!

I'm doing business economics :biggrin:
Reply 38
I got in to do History! :smile: Anyone else here doing the same?
Reply 39
Untitled1
Congratulations everyone!

I also got in for Psychology, with AAAB :smile: I cannot wait!

Although the scholarship doesn't matter (it's a very nice bonus though!), I missed out on it by 2 marks, unless they count General Studies which was my third A. But my place at Lancaster is much more important than the scholarship :smile:

woo im in for business studies with AAAB, but like you my 3rd A is general studies, itd be nice for the scholarship though :smile: have you heard anything? i emailed them to see if they count general studies for it, i dont see why not as it was an acceptable grade for my course, but as you said lancaster is more important :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending