The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Jobs are not that easy to come by although a few are being advertised now through the job shop SU thing which might still be there when term starts. Things will turn up if you keep asking around though and places are often advertised at Christmas if you don't mind staying some of the holidays. I didn't get a job last year but am hoping I will this year - just 5 hours a week [min wage] would double my weekly budget leaving lots for Christmas presents. :smile: Actually, just remembered quite a good campus job a few of my friends had - working as assistants such as by taking notes in lectures for other students. It pays really well and seems like a rewarding thing to do so that might be worth looking out for.

Don't worry if you haven't heard anything. Lancaster are known for being a bit slow at times - we are all still waiting for our deposits back from last year! You should probably hear about accommodation by mid September at the latest - I heard on Sept 8th but results day was nearly a week earlier so it might be later this year. You should get an intro pack and details regarding Freshers at some point too. Registration and things like timetables, library cards etc are sorted out in Fresher's Week. :smile:

The Psychology experiments don't pay very much I don't think. A friend of mine was registered and she majors in PinE and minored in Psy so I don't think they mind.

:smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Im Doing Engineering and have applied to County!
hey i applied for accomodation really late, like this week, will that affect what college i will get.

n.b lancaster was my firm choice.
Reply 63
KatyLauren
I'm doing business economics :biggrin:

I'll see you there baby!

And with respect to the work aspect, I'm working during Freshers week (well as far as i've been told) selling student insurance for Endsleigh. (I'm sure you'll have seen the adverts darted around the forum.)

You guys need any insurance or advice, come to me during freshers! Help me achieve bonus!
Reply 64
play_it_again
Hey, I'm doing History :smile: . Which colleges have you applied to?
x

Ahh wicked! Are you looking forward to it? I'm fairly nervous. Is it bad I can't remember what colleges I applied to? :/ I was a bit of a nob and assumed I was getting into my firm choice uni, so just pressed random buttons on the application. I know I applied to the more sociable colleges rather than the sporty ones, that's all I can remember. I blame asthma (...and not laziness. *cough*). How about you?

I'm actually pretty glad I've got into Lancaster now, Leicester is looking more and more unappealing by the day. We might be in some of the same lectures. :smile:
anyone doing history & politics, or am i the only one :smile:
aliphatic
Ahh wicked! Are you looking forward to it? I'm fairly nervous. Is it bad I can't remember what colleges I applied to? :/ I was a bit of a nob and assumed I was getting into my firm choice uni, so just pressed random buttons on the application. I know I applied to the more sociable colleges rather than the sporty ones, that's all I can remember. I blame asthma (...and not laziness. *cough*). How about you?

I'm actually pretty glad I've got into Lancaster now, Leicester is looking more and more unappealing by the day. We might be in some of the same lectures. :smile:

The part one course for History has changed for the 2009 intake so they are now offering just one course rather than a choice so it is highly likely you will have lectures together. :smile:
killwirk
anyone doing history & politics, or am i the only one :smile:

History and Politics were really popular last year with lots of people taking up one as a minor alongside the other [like me] as well as people who applied for the course initially so you won't be the only one. :smile:
Reply 68
Will anyone be doing English literature? Or philosophy? ( I didnt apply for the latter but am considering taking it up as a minor)
WOO Lancaster.
Anyone doing engineering????
affinity89
History and Politics were really popular last year with lots of people taking up one as a minor alongside the other [like me] as well as people who applied for the course initially so you won't be the only one. :smile:

Thanks, glad I know that now :smile:
aliphatic

I'm am really excited. I can't wait to get there but I am a bit nervous! :smile: Are you excited? I got into Furness College which was my first choice. Most people on here seem to say that what college you are in doesn't really matter so you should be ok.

yeah, might see you in lectures :smile:
play_it_again
I'm am really excited. I can't wait to get there but I am a bit nervous! :smile: Are you excited? I got into Furness College which was my first choice. Most people on here seem to say that what college you are in doesn't really matter so you should be ok.

yeah, might see you in lectures :smile:

Woo. Furness! :biggrin: Everywhere else is nowhere... :biggrin:
Reply 73
Any prospective pendle members?
Any bowlanders?
just got the email to say im in at county.. woo :smile: although it ended up in my junk folder again even though i added them to my safe list... sure my email account doesnt want me to go to lancaster :s-smilie:
Reply 76
Christmas_cake
Any bowlanders?

me!!! Standard. And my boyfriend who on here is known as daydreamer.
fweefwee
Any prospective pendle members?

Me hopefully (:
Reply 78
Just got my arrival pack filled with tonnes of stuff but still nothing about accommodation :frown: do they let you know your college by email or by post?
Reply 79
loopy6111
Just got my arrival pack filled with tonnes of stuff but still nothing about accommodation :frown: do they let you know your college by email or by post?

I goit by email. So check your junk folders! Thats where mine was!

Latest

Trending

Trending