The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
YEE-HAH!! Good work- be cheery and celebrate tonight!

I had a nice surprise too- was expecting history to be low B or a C and got full marks in the last two mods bringing me up to an A! My teachers were more shocked than me! :smile:

Well done!! Have a great time whatever your next step is. :smile: xxx
fox_the_fix
I got 98/100 for a psychology resit, i spent about a day revising it and i honestly thought i got a U in the exam i felt THAT bad. I was speechless when i saw the mark.

I also got a 89/100 and 86/100 for some other resits which is remarkable as i spent a week revising for the two :biggrin:

And i got an A in psychology PYA4 after revising two of the question which came up a night before.

My other A2 modules were all C's, but then i am on for a third year so i will and was planning on resitting them :biggrin:

Damn i honestly think i must be on drugs as i did not expect half of what i got =)

I remember talking to you on the psychology thread
Well done! :biggrin:

I did bad in psychology, but shh! Haha
Reply 82
I got full UMS on my Edexcel Religious Studies - wasn't expecting that at all
Last year for AS Level I got CDDE (Sociology, Design Tech, Computing and Business Studies) so I did the retakes, gave myself a kick up the ass, dropped Business Studies and I got ABB (Full marks in one or two modules :biggrin: )
Previously I had applied to Portsmouth for Law and Criminology (but, on account of my awful predictions they put me into Law with Business) but, because of Adjustment, I made a few phone calls, did a bit of begging and I got into Bristol Uni for Sociology :smile:
Oh, I thought you meant nice surprises on results sheets like the amazing heat-sensitive spot. Endless hours of amusement right there. Gotta love that spot.
I don't actually know my raw marks- just UMS so I can't really say what lovely suprises I've had. I suppose 140/140 for my biology module is a lovely suprise though!
Reply 86
Well, i needed bcc with b in art. i thought i was going to get d in english and c in art and b in philosophy. turns out i got BBB in the end with the added bonus of an A at AS tudor history, in which i was expecting a c! So yeh, nice little surprises I'd say :smile: Well done all of you people! loveage xx
Reply 87
Getting a distinction in AEA Maths a year early when I was convinced I had failed it was a nice surprise :biggrin:
Reply 88
erm... well i'm happy i've got AAAB which are the minimum grades required for medicine :biggrin:
I had full marks in 2 of my history modules, and an A in the other (complete and utter but wonderful surprise!). And I had full marks in a psycholog module, despite an epic mind blank :smile: Didn't fail anything, which was a miracle XD

Ruth xx
Reply 90
96/100 for C4. I have no idea how I managed that.
CherryBakewell
I remember talking to you on the psychology thread
Well done! :biggrin:

I did bad in psychology, but shh! Haha

Thanks :biggrin: i was shaking and stuttering when i saw the result lol :eek3: If that thread didn't exist i would have failed that horribly (i basically wrote a model essay for ultruism in the thread, and i also only revised parent relationships the night before because someone in the thread suggested it!)

Did you meet your offer? If the psychology went badly then you can always retake, i am going back for a third year and i am fine with it, it means i can get better grades, take up some AS's i enjoy and have a more relaxed and prolonged approach to uni which gives me a better grounding than the vast majority of other candidates.
Reply 92
Cackhandedchimp
Oh, I thought you meant nice surprises on results sheets like the amazing heat-sensitive spot. Endless hours of amusement right there. Gotta love that spot.

Preaching to the choir my friend...:biggrin:
Pyropink
erm... well i'm happy i've got AAAB which are the minimum grades required for medicine :biggrin:

Gratz :p:
Reply 94
Got a d :s-smilie: for sociology applied research skills at first. Retook. Got 88/90 :smile:
Also got 114/120 for the synoptic paper despite having not revised for one entire topic which came up for part of the question i did.
My socio teacher refused to give me an A for my predicted grade but i got it:smile: yay.
Reply 95
fox_the_fix
Gratz :p:

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 96
jackmb

was that in ocr mei c4 because if it was u must be a genius cause the last question was murder
jackmb

I know how you feel. I thought i ****** up so bad in one of my modules i was expecting 40/100, i got 98/100 :O
Im guessing either i am extremely pessimistic or the exam board ****** up (hopefully the former)
Reply 98
parthchill
was that in ocr mei c4 because if it was u must be a genius cause the last question was murder

It was OCR. The good news is sort of balanced out though, by the fact I got 77 for M1 when I was certain I had an A!
Reply 99
fox_the_fix
I know how you feel. I thought i ****** up so bad in one of my modules i was expecting 40/100, i got 98/100 :O
Im guessing either i am extremely pessimistic or the exam board ****** up (hopefully the former)

I'm sure it was the former!

Latest