The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey,

I'm going to wolverhampton to study environmental science and management :smile:

anybody else?
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Lisaanne
Well you don't need to go in eeeevery day, just spend as much time as you can there. They should send you a pack with the freshers week programme in it anyway so you can see what you fancy being around for. I would say Tuesdays freshers fayre is a must though.

Freshers week is Monday 14th September - Friday 18th September and then lectures begin on Monday 21st September.

What courses are all you guys doing out of interest?

Excellent, ill be having lectures on my birthday lol
Reply 22
Maxien78
Excellent, ill be having lectures on my birthday lol

Well it depends what your timetable is, its very unlikely you will have lectures every day of the week!
Reply 23
Lisaanne
Hi there,

I will be going into my third year at Wolverhampton this September so I just wanted to say if anyone has any questions about the university or you just want to chat, feel free to PM me or post on this thread.

Lisa.

hi lisaanne, my web computing classes start on 9th of september,
do i come directly on 9th?? or there are some procedures before that??
i havent received any letter regarding this.. m in india n will come here on 2nd sept. as my visa is valid from 2nd..
any help will be appreciated.thanx..
Reply 24
brady9191
i havent received any letter regarding this.. m in india n will come here on 2nd sept. as my visa is valid from 2nd..

why does ur course start before fresher week?? :confused:
Reply 25
Ummm....more than 1 thing before freshers week. International students arriving, higher education orientation day (Thurs and Fri before freshers week) etc.
The freshers week guide I have in my hands says international students arrive from 8th Sept, Airport assistance from Birmingham international on 9th Sept.

Brady9191, have a look on university website for freshers week guide. May be something there in acrobat format.
Reply 26
brady9191

I very much doubt that your lectures start before freshers week, as there will be no lecturers working to teach you. Do you already have your module codes and timetable then? As you will not normally find this out until freshers week.
Reply 27
Lisaanne
I very much doubt that your lectures start before freshers week, as there will be no lecturers working to teach you. Do you already have your module codes and timetable then? As you will not normally find this out until freshers week.

on the visa letter,which the uni sent,the start date is 9th september..

i havent received anything else..
on the visa letter they said "we will write you shortly before the start of your course with a welcome letter containing details of your induction programme and what you need to do to complete your enrolment with the university."
but m confused about the shortly thing:confused: .. so was just hoping to get things clear before i arrive..
Reply 28
mart2306

Brady9191, have a look on university website for freshers week guide. May be something there in acrobat format.

thanx.. it helped a lot:smile: .. earlier when i looked on the website,it was not there..
Reply 29
Some of the modules are already up for registration. Have a look at e:vision, accessable through the university website (lower right corner of the page).
Login ID is your student number, which should be on any letter from the university.
E:vision is a little confusing but if you can track down your modules and which semester they are in, there is a module timetable too. Have fun.
Reply 30
mart2306
Some of the modules are already up for registration. Have a look at e:vision, accessable through the university website (lower right corner of the page).
Login ID is your student number, which should be on any letter from the university.
E:vision is a little confusing but if you can track down your modules and which semester they are in, there is a module timetable too. Have fun.

yes,there r certain bits which i dont understand in evision..
m doubtful about many questions asked in enrollment.
i found the modules but m doubtful about the extra ones which v have 2 select..

are these things neccessary to do b4 arriving??...
it would be better if i could first consult some1 here at the uni(when i arrive) n then fill up the options..
Reply 31
You can do it all during freshers week so don't worry about enrolling yet.
Reply 32
I finally got to enrol through evision and i registered for some modules too. however when i look on WOLF only 3 of those modules are listed, when i checked back on evision it had all 6 (or 6 can;t remember) of the modules registered.

I checked and 3 of them are in semester 1 a nd he rest are semester 2. Does WOLF only display the modules for the upcomming semester? or should it display all fo them?

Also, shouldn't there be 3 semesters not 2?

I am hoping to get all of this sorted during freshers week, but i want to make sure i register for all the modules i need to be registered with, no more no less.

I do not yet have a timetable either, will i get this during freshers week?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 33
Maxien78
I finally got to enrol through evision and i registered for some modules too. however when i look on WOLF only 3 of those modules are listed, when i checked back on evision it had all 6 (or 6 can;t remember) of the modules registered.

I checked and 3 of them are in semester 1 a nd he rest are semester 2. Does WOLF only display the modules for the upcomming semester? or should it display all fo them?

Also, shouldn't there be 3 semesters not 2?

I am hoping to get all of this sorted during freshers week, but i want to make sure i register for all the modules i need to be registered with, no more no less.

I do not yet have a timetable either, will i get this during freshers week?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

Wolf isn't as up to date as e:vision. Useful for tracking down a reading list or seeing what sort of assignments were given last year. Or ciuld be updated on your modules with this year already maybe.

There are 2 semesters. Semester 1 is up to a date in January, Semester 2 is from after that date onwards.
If your modules are on e:vision, you can track down a timetable for those modules.
Go into 'My programme and module regsitration' part of e:vision (about halfway down left side of page).
Then go into on right side of screen 2009/0 module timetable
Opens up a new screen then on my system.

Click first option, halfway down the page, module information for 2009/0
Then enter codes.
Don't know how accurate this is, I've already informed my boss this is a preliminary timetable (had to get work time sorted out well in advance as needs committee approval).
Your year long modules (if you have any) won't be under semester 1 or semester 2, but under year long.
Reply 34
mart2306
Wolf isn't as up to date as e:vision. Useful for tracking down a reading list or seeing what sort of assignments were given last year. Or ciuld be updated on your modules with this year already maybe.

There are 2 semesters. Semester 1 is up to a date in January, Semester 2 is from after that date onwards.
If your modules are on e:vision, you can track down a timetable for those modules.
Go into 'My programme and module regsitration' part of e:vision (about halfway down left side of page).
Then go into on right side of screen 2009/0 module timetable
Opens up a new screen then on my system.

Click first option, halfway down the page, module information for 2009/0
Then enter codes.
Don't know how accurate this is, I've already informed my boss this is a preliminary timetable (had to get work time sorted out well in advance as needs committee approval).
Your year long modules (if you have any) won't be under semester 1 or semester 2, but under year long.

Ok cheers.

I have checked the timetable but not all of the modules i have registered for are on there so i think i might log a new call or sort it all out during freshers week.
Reply 35
WOLF works differently this year and now displays the modules that you are enrolled on for this semester (in this case, semester 1). If the module is not displayed in WOLF, you're either not enrolled, or it doesn't have a WOLF topic. Don't worry, there will be plenty of people around to help you in freshers week.
Reply 36
I had fun looking at the year 2 and 3 modules on WOLF too. Found a couple of interesting courses that unfortunately aren't going to be in my options. But have copied the reading lists for future reference once I've finished degree.
Who knows, may enjoy it so much I want to do another degree. :smile:
RJFarmer
Hey,

I'm going to wolverhampton to study environmental science and management :smile:

anybody else?

Hi there i'll be doing geography so be in the same school have you seen the school of applied science timetable for freshers week??
Reply 38
wolveswitch
Hi there i'll be doing geography so be in the same school have you seen the school of applied science timetable for freshers week??

Heya, I haven't no, I haven't received my welcome pack or anything yet so I have no idea as to whats going on, all I know is is that freshers starts on the 14th.
Reply 39
Should also be sent a letter saying where and when induction takes place. Plus there's a higher education orientation day? on 10th or 11th Sept, have to sign up for through e:vision.

Latest

Trending

Trending