The Student Room Group
University of York
York

A Level choices.

I got my AS results today (A in photography, B in english language, C in maths and physics, but should have done better in english, maths and physics).
I'm hoping to do International Relations/Politics at uni and my question is would i be better taking 2 traditional and photography next year or all 4.
I want to take photography because its my best subject and i like it, but i worry it wont be as strong on my ucas, but if i take all 4 will they ignore it over the 3 traditional?
Hope this makes sense, and would appreciate any help.
Cheers.
It depends on the work load. If you're happy doing all four go for it. Look what A levels they like you to do for the course. I applied for chem so I needed a grade in chem and any two others. Just look what the unis you like require.
University of York
York
Reply 2
Most unis wouldn't exclude your non-traditional subject in an offer, I don't think. (Some will say they want you to have As in particularly relavant subjects though.) But if it the admissions people were looking at two similar applicants and one had more traditional subjects then it might sway them.

Only you can decide. Keeping all 4 could give you an edge but no uni will make an offer based on more than 3 A2 grades so it might not be worth the stress.

Latest