The Student Room Group
Yes, because you satisfy the rule '80% overall and 90% in A2'.
Reply 2
No its not true!

You need 90% in EACH your A2 modules
Reply 3
Stupiemountain
No its not true!

You need 90% in EACH your A2 modules

^^^^^
you need 80% in AS and 90% in A2 for an A*
Reply 5
Just do the best you can and see what you get! Knowing the grade boundaries won't make you cleverer! :P
Reply 6
If you were to re-sit an AS module in the A2 year would you also need 90%+ in that module as well?
Reply 7
obessedwithu&rockmusic
you need 80% in AS and 90% in A2 for an A*

No! Its 90% in EACH module! The point of the A* is for people with sustained excellence across a course.
Reply 8
thanks guys :P
Reply 9
ok new replies on this thread is confusing me, im just gna hav to ask my teacher.
peaceck
ok new replies on this thread is confusing me, im just gna hav to ask my teacher.

I know what you mean...

The Edexcel website says
" achieve 90% of the combined uniform mark total for the A2 units",

i.e.an average of the A2 units (so resits of AS units are not involved). For Maths, an average of 90% on C3 and C4 will be needed (only these two as some candidates don't take any other A2 unit).
its deffo each module, Ar ur teacher predicting A*'s
Reply 12
IT IS NOT 90% ON EACH A2 MODULE!!! IT IS A 90% UMS AVG FOR ALL A2 MODULES!

So, if you got 98 for C3 maths, you'd only need 92 for C4...as long as you averaged 80% UMS overall!
Reply 13
Stupiemountain
No! Its 90% in EACH module! The point of the A* is for people with sustained excellence across a course.

No it's actually the average of the A2. Refering to the article on the A* here clearly indicates this.
Reply 14
A question about A*s, do you people think by introducing the A* A level exams are going to get easier, as I know this person who was the first year to have A* introduced in their GCSEs and only a few people got it but now quite alot people get A* in their GCSEs with ease(sorry for sounding big headed). Just wondering what other people thinks going to happen........
Well as we all know Wikis are easily editable.

Latest