The Student Room Group

Help! Do not know what to do with about my A-level results!

I applied to do biomedical sciences at Newcastle University, but this morning at 9:00am, a man from newcastle said that i was unsucessful but would offer me a place to do an applied biology degree. He gave me five minutes to decide, and so I acted on impulse and said "yes", as I really like Newcastle university and I don't like the idea of going to my insurance choice, as it is all the way in Aberdeen. Now I'm regreting the choice I made as I will be in so much debt at the end of the three years for a course that may not get me a good job. Does anyone know what jobs are available for an aplied biology degree??

Newcastle offer ABB

my result BBC
Reply 1
Vanessa44
I applied to do biomedical sciences at Newcastle University, but this morning at 9:00am, a man from newcastle said that i was unsucessful but would offer me a place to do an applied biology degree. He gave me five minutes to decide, and so I acted on impulse and said "yes", as I really like Newcastle university and I don't like the idea of going to my insurance choice, as it is all the way in Aberdeen. Now I'm regreting the choice I made as I will be in so much debt at the end of the three years for a course that may not get me a good job. Does anyone know what jobs are available for an aplied biology degree??

Newcastle offer ABB

my result BBC

Ello :smile:
If you don't want to do applied biology then don't bother with the course as chances are you won't enjoy it. Why not look into clearing courses to see if there are any other uni's or courses you fancy doing. The only other option is to re-take the year and reapply next year.
Good luck :smile:
don't do the course if you don't want to, look in newcastle site and look at the modules they do

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/undergraduate/course/C110/employability for that course job wise

the only other way if you don't want that is try and get release by them, to go into clearing if you see anything you like

Latest

Trending

Trending