The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dear lord, I am so devastatingly tired and feel all yucky. I never usually get hangovers. sadface.

On a brighter note, last night was amazing and tomorrow I leave for gay Paris!!!
Reply 61
^ Paris! Nice.

On a diff note - someone please tell me if it's possible to do As/A2 lessons in year 13 and get a good grade (an A!) I NEED to do this and I am crapping myself at the work load and timetable clashes etc... Anyone know someone who's managed to do this? Looks like i have no other option. :crying: Bare in mind i have never done the subject before so I'm starting fresh. Although it looks like i will have to do sociology.
Bassmonkey

IDK. I'm a little bored.

:rofl:

Crisps
Dunno, I didn't want to stay to find out

I do tins every night I'm in It's HORRIBLE.

aww it might have been interesting?

ohhh you poor boy :hugs: better than Frozen though? :biggrin:
Jinxy
^ Paris! Nice.

On a diff note - someone please tell me if it's possible to do As/A2 lessons in year 13 and get a good grade (an A!) I NEED to do this and I am crapping myself at the work load and timetable clashes etc... Anyone know someone who's managed to do this? Looks like i have no other option. :crying: Bare in mind i have never done the subject before so I'm starting fresh. Although it looks like i will have to do sociology.

Do you reckon you *have* to do all the lessons? In certain subjects/modules it is certainly sometimes easier to figure it out yourself, I think. This year I had to do an english resit from AS in january and had no lesson time but worked out okay. I also did AS mathematics this year alongside my A2 stuff and had a few clashes but just managed to catch up with extra work at home and find the teacher when I needed help etc.
Jinxy
^ Paris! Nice.

Sociology (at GCSE) anyway, Is just lots of memorising key concepts and understanding them. Its do-able I think :s-smilie: But it will need you to read up on the GCSE stuff before hand because that gives you the basics.
Reply 65
Dorian_Blue
Do you reckon you *have* to do all the lessons? In certain subjects/modules it is certainly sometimes easier to figure it out yourself, I think. This year I had to do an english resit from AS in january and had no lesson time but worked out okay. I also did AS mathematics this year alongside my A2 stuff and had a few clashes but just managed to catch up with extra work at home and find the teacher when I needed help etc.

I don't think i'd have to do -ALL- the lessons, i think it's a subject i could quite easily catch up on by just reading and note making? It's just whether they would let me do this.... Hmm. Anyone know if sociology is hard? I'm already taking two respected subjects to A2 so I'm not that worried about it not being 'highly academic'?...
Thanks for the help :hugs: :biggrin:
Suffering with a hangover too, again.. Just starting to remember last night, half wanting to cry at how badly I've ****** up, lol. Hope y'all are ok :smile:
Jinxy
Good luck with it all. You still got very good grades so even if you took a gap year can you not re take some and re apply to AAA unis? :hugs: As for my re mark in English, according to my class there has been a massive f*** up?! Pretty much everyone did terrible. My teachers are saying they dont have a clue why but they think they taught us wrong (as it was a new spec)...well what good is that?! I'm hoping it's just a bad examiner and we can get this sorted. So upset though. :frown:

Heya, you know your E grade in english? Can i ask was it Lit or Lang? And Which module?

When i did english lit at a level, the majority of my class ****** up one module, it was an exam - The War module, its like a 3 hour exam, could be able a few things but ours was war. Whole class didntr do well (I got an E which dragged me from a B to a C) but it got remarked, and nothing changed. So I think its a badly taught module.
Reply 68
Brightonion
Heya, you know your E grade in english? Can i ask was it Lit or Lang? And Which module?

When i did english lit at a level, the majority of my class ****** up one module, it was an exam - The War module, its like a 3 hour exam, could be able a few things but ours was war. Whole class didntr do well (I got an E which dragged me from a B to a C) but it got remarked, and nothing changed. So I think its a badly taught module.

Well I got a C overall in English lit, my grade was just dragged down by the E. :frown: :mad:

As/A2 has changed, they only do two modules now each year. I didn't do the war syllabus we're having to do a new specification and it was the poetry and prose that messed my grade up - the stuff i'm best at so i am tearing my hair out over this. I think the teachers just interpreted the mark scheme badly and taught us wrong, no one in my school got higher than a B and it's a good school.

Guitarless Hero
Hope y'all are ok :smile:

Good thank you, well kind of. Have you just completed As? What subjects did you do? Remember there are always re takes and you will be fine, unless your school cash the marks in like mine bloody do.. :cry:
Jinxy
Well I got a C overall in English lit, my grade was just dragged down by the E. :frown: :mad:

As/A2 has changed, they only do two modules now each year. I didn't do the war syllabus we're having to do a new specification and it was the poetry and prose that messed my grade up - the stuff i'm best at so i am tearing my hair out over this. I think the teachers just interpreted the mark scheme badly and taught us wrong, no one in my school got higher than a B and it's a good school.

Hmmm Silly exam people changing things! :frown:
Reply 70
Brightonion
Hmmm Silly exam people changing things! :frown:

I know!

&
Does anyone know - would taking sociology A2 affect me that much for the future if I want to do an MA at Oxford/Cam?
Jinxy
I know!

&
Does anyone know - would taking sociology A2 affect me that much for the future if I want to do an MA at Oxford/Cam?

Not if you have two other "respected" a-levels. Should be fine.

On another note, I feel totally and utterly shallow. And childish. Last night at the club a very pretty boy kept looking at me, giving me the "eyes" and watching me whilst i was dancing. I rather liked him. But went to get a drink with a friend, came back and he was gone. It's very pathetic but it made me a little sad. Also makes me realise how shallow i am to actually be bothered by something like that based only on looks, for all i know he could've been an awful person!!
I have to go and get my laptop fixed :'( I hate dragging that bloody thing about with me when I have to use public transport.
I don't want to sound dismissive, but everyone needs to try and relax and get a little bit of perspective :smile: I know it's devastating when you don't get the results you'd hoped for, but it really isn't the end of it all. I know I felt like crap when I got my results (which, btw, were a lot worse than the majority of yours!) and I felt like I'd failed at life, but I can't tell you how much perspective I got from just taking some time out. There are ALWAYS ways around "bad" grades, whether you resit, change your career plan, or take a couple of years out and build up some experience and cash.

For now, try to be happy and proud of what you've achieved, because you've worked hard and you have done well. I can't stress this enough :smile:
Reply 74
Dorian_Blue
Not if you have two other "respected" a-levels. Should be fine.

On another note, I feel totally and utterly shallow. And childish. Last night at the club a very pretty boy kept looking at me, giving me the "eyes" and watching me whilst i was dancing. I rather liked him. But went to get a drink with a friend, came back and he was gone. It's very pathetic but it made me a little sad. Also makes me realise how shallow i am to actually be bothered by something like that based only on looks, for all i know he could've been an awful person!!

Thanks. I'm hoping it will be alright.

Aww, it's not pathetic, when stuff like that happens to me i tend to remember and get a little disheartened and think i'm looking too much into thing. You'll find someone lovely at uni i'm sure! Did you make your offer? I'm trying to remember, i know someone was doing biochem at oxford? ...If it wasnt you apologies my brain is actually frazzled today. :frown:

Revd. Mike
For now, try to be happy and proud of what you've achieved, because you've worked hard and you have done well. I can't stress this enough :smile:

Thanks lovely :hugs:
Reply 75
Dorian_Blue
Yeah i got AAAa so am going to Oxford in october to do biochem.

:eek3:
Grats! :biggrin:
Jinxy

Thanks lovely :hugs:

:hugs: I know, because I've been there myself, it's very easy to lose sight of the big picture and freak out. But you will all come back from this, it's just a little setback, not a complete road block :smile:
Reply 77
Revd. Mike
:hugs: I know, because I've been there myself, it's very easy to lose sight of the big picture and freak out. But you will all come back from this, it's just a little setback, not a complete road block :smile:

I hope so. It's all so stressful I'm totally gutted I have to take a full new A2 this year as well. The amount of work ahead is just horrid. :frown:
hehe Page 4, this lgbt chat thread is like a baby!
I feel I should perhaps apologise for my somewhat delirious posts of the last twenty four hours :biggrin:

Sent both scripts off for a remark.
It's out of my hands now!

Latest