The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1
When I was in the first year students moved into their halls on the saturday before freshers' week. Now that your offer has been confirmed (assuming it has) they'll likely send you something soon to tell you the exact dates.

I can't speak specifically about rowing, but most imperial clubs welcome people of all abilities. From my experience they either have everyone in a single session but group people by ability or run separate sessions.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
learner_dancer
I was wondering when we would start moving into the accommodation, and is it common to move in a couple of days before the terms starts?

And another question, which might be slightly 'arcane': I've always wanted to do some rowing, however I've never had any past experience. Is this possible for beginners? And what is it like? If Imperial does it that is...

Cheers y'all.

As far as the rowing is concerned i have been rowing for 2 years and a year at imperial. Imperial has two different rowing clubs, Imperial college boat club and the medics boat club.
Both cater for rowers that have never rowed before, but the medics boat club is alot more relaxed than icbc. I row for imperial boat club rather than the medics, and as far as i can remember those that had never rowed before came down all through the first term to "taster" sessions and then training started more seriously after christmas maybe training 5 times a week. I was part of the senior squad and we trained 10 times a week, which the novices moved onto after training camp in easter.

Pm me if u want to ask any questions ill be glad to answer them!
Reply 3
learner_dancer
I was wondering when we would start moving into the accommodation, and is it common to move in a couple of days before the terms starts?

Cheers y'all.

We're all supposed to move into halls on Saturday 3rd October, and no we can't move in any earlier I'm afraid :frown:
Emc2
We're all supposed to move into halls on Saturday 3rd October, and no we can't move in any earlier I'm afraid :frown:

I could have moved in right now...
Reply 5
learner_dancer
I could have moved in right now...

Don't know if it's a viable option for you, but you may want to look into Summer accommodation at Imperial, although you'd have to move out on 28th September, which kind of defeats the purpose I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending