The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its only AS you only get better if you put in the work.
gman2k8
Its only AS you only get better if you put in the work.

anyman getting a "U" at anytime doez not know how to put in work, srsly.... how do u even get a grade U ???

If i dint turn up to class for 2 years, I'd probably get a U ...
xSkyFire
I don't think you can apply for Biomed anyway, I'm pretty sure Chemistry is like a must have A level o_o;

At the very least AS Chemistry is for sure, i'd recommend you work much, much harder and pick up chemistry.

I'm pretty gutted too at my results so far ;

6241 CHEMISTRY 1 68 / 90
6242 CHEMISTRY 2 79 / 90
6243 CHEMISTRY 3 111 / 120
6244 CHEMISTRY 4 64 / 90
6245 CHEMISTRY 5 57 / 90
6246 CHEMISTRY 6 88 / 120
6663 CORE MATHEMATICS 1 85 / 100
6664 CORE MATHEMATICS 2 50 / 100
6677 MECHANICS 1 65 / 100

No Uni for me this year anyway, still awaiting my results for Biology and English.

Hopefully medicine next year, ey?

You can do Biomedical science without chemistry, I got conditional offers off all the Uni's I applied for when I applied for Biomedical last year and I didn't do Chemistry I did Biology, English combined, Psychology and AS fine art
Reply 23
Ar0
OP
Mistersjmcg
anyman getting a "U" at anytime doez not know how to put in work, srsly.... how do u even get a grade U ???

If i dint turn up to class for 2 years, I'd probably get a U ...

I dont know, It seemed like easy basic Biology from the start of the year, not much questions about the end of the course information.

i dont want to blame my teacher but.. she gave in to people's requests that they were too 'hung over' to work, so she wouldnt bother, hand out work sheets and go out of the room. She has left the school since.
Reply 24
Kimbo99
You can do Biomedical science without chemistry, I got conditional offers off all the Uni's I applied for when I applied for Biomedical last year and I didn't do Chemistry I did Biology, English combined, Psychology and AS fine art

Random o_o, what universities?
Reply 25
hey, don't be disheartened, you have the chance of retaking and you got the whole of A2, i did my alevels 2 years ago, and got CDE so similar to you, but i managed pull myself together, did a foundation year and this year im going to bham todo the course i wanted to do 2 years ago

in hindsight im kind of glad that i didn't get to bham then because i wouldn't have known what to expect and also probabluy would have had my head in the clouds that i wouldn;'t have concentrated as much and not do as well as now i can 2 years down the line, i have had the experience of messing up and know how important it is too keep up with the work staright away and not mess around too much, in the 2 yeras i have grown up and now i know i will do well!!

do your retakes, if not start again, (12 months is not a long time) and hopefully in 1 mabe 2 years time, you will have the grades you need and will flourish, you will look back and this will seem like a tiny blip!!

cheer up and good luck with whatever you decide!
Reply 26
Mistersjmcg
spend less time on TSR and , den maybe u might achieve some ****, U get me,,. I got an AAAB..... ... meanwhile u get a CUE.........

Chatting Unwisely Everyday

Ofcourse you did....
xSkyFire
Random o_o, what universities?

Birmingham, Aston, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent. I ended up going to Leeds as well but I left this year because it turns out Biomedical science isn't for me lol
Reply 28
Ar0
OP
I was really looking forward to biomed science, or something to do with virology or immunology, as i have a lab in the back yard where I play with plant genetics, cross pollination and stablising
Reply 29
Kimbo99
Birmingham, Aston, Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Nottingham Trent. I ended up going to Leeds as well but I left this year because it turns out Biomedical science isn't for me lol

Oh dam, so what're you going to do now?
xSkyFire
Oh dam, so what're you going to do now?

well long story short when I applied for uni first time round when I was doing my A-levels I wanted to do English but panicked because I did rubbish in it at AS so I went and did biomedical instead (I didn't want to do psychology or art at uni so seemed logical) Got there, stayed til christmas, didn't like it and left and now I've got a place at Nottingham Uni to do American studies which is almost half literature so i'm doing what I wanted to do in the first place just a year later :smile:
Reply 31
Sofina
same

psych- c
socio- c
bio- e
chem- u

i was meant to get A's. this bloody sucks cos i want to apply to med school

If you were predicted A's - what the hell happened?
Reply 32
People who although get predicted A's can get E's due to lack of exam technique. To be honest I'd have to say that 80% of the marks in Biology come purely from exam technique, if the answers not the way it is in the mark scheme then it's a no go lol u___u

Still awaiting my Biology results...
Reply 33
maybe it's a sign that you should goto this uni:

http://www.ceu.hu/
Sofina
same

psych- c
socio- c
bio- e
chem- u

i was meant to get A's. this bloody sucks cos i want to apply to med school

Try and pull your grades back up and take a look at medicine courses that include foundation years.
academic45
I took Psychology AS as well and i got B in the Psy investigations paper and a D in the Core studies paper. which isn't right because i studied so hard for it so i'm gonna get a remark done for that, cuz its a new specification so there might be more lenient with there grade boundaries. hopefully!!

It's odd, every student I spoke to at my college who did Psychology got Ds or below in Psychological Investigations (including me) and higher marks in the Core paper. The Psychology teachers have no idea why we all did so badly in that particular paper. :s-smilie:
Reply 36
In my college it was the other way around. Everyone got A's and B's in the Psychological Investigations paper and C's and D's in the Core Studies paper.

Latest