The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I'm probably biased, but Grosvenor House. Its about 5 minutes away from uni, about 5-10 minutes away from town, 10-15 mins away from train station. Loads of pubs close by. En-suite rooms, and generally really nice flats.
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Newarke point is known as THE best as its ensuite.. like 5 seconds away from the uni.. well its actually on the campus itself. There is a sky tv in the common room and well they are just fancy looking and the most 'modern' looking halls.
Reply 3
grosvenor looks nice , but rli where are all the first years mainly? party people...party lol
Reply 4
I'm a second year and have been to most of the halls around DMU.

Grosvenor House;
I lived here last year and its location is brilliant as in relation to the uni and your practically round the corner from the city centre. Its on a main road so you hear lots of traffic. The rooms are nice, but the kitchens are a bit bare. My block was pretty quite, but overall these halls were noisy. Veiws from rooms aren't the best either (especially in D Block!) Staff are nice though. :smile:

Victoria Halls;
Shall be moving to here in September in the 2nd year part. This is the most expensive, and pretty much the nicest DMU halls in terms of how it looks. Staff are apparently quite rude, but i'l have to see this for myself. The front of the building is again on a main road, but its hard to avoid hearing traffic in Leicester. Rooms are nice, single room are a bit small though, but the kitchens are very nice, and you get a tv and your pots and pans etc provided.

Newarke Point;
At first it looks nice, but inside the blocks its a bit dingy tbh. The lifts were always breaking when I went over to visit my friend, and she always had issues with noise. It is 2 minutes away from uni though which is a bonus. Rooms were ok from what I saw.

New Wharf and Bede Hall;
These are the non-ensuite halls and I guess the 'party' halls. Great accomadation really if you don't mind sharing a bathroom, and flats up to 10 people. Bit further away from the uni though.

Liberty Park;
Looks really nice, and modern. The rooms are standard size, however the bathrooms remind me of something from an aeroplane. Is about a 10 minute walk from uni, so not as convient, especially when all the good clubs are near the city centre and uni. Nice courtyard area but from what my friend said, your not really allowed to do much there, and the lifts broke quite a lot last year lol.

Grange Court;
Again I had a course mate in these halls and in all honesty he hated it. Noisy and not really a nice place to live from what I heard.

Kingfisher and Waterway Gardens
are the only ones I haven't seen but have heard positive things about them!

I hope this helps a bit! Ofcourse a lot of it, especially 'where the party is', depends on WHO is in the halls that year.

I would reccomend Victoria Halls if you can afford.
Reply 5
so where are all the first years mainly?
Reply 6
Newarke, Bede, and New Wharf i'd say. However all halls are mostly first years. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending