The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Spring Gardens Aberdeen Anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
redhanded
That's it - I'm in room E.

so we're going to be flatmates! what are you studying? im doing english and sociology =]

have you received your welcome pack type thing yet?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 61
I'm staying Spring Gardens(accomodation took forever though!) Staying in Block 70 Flat G2 room B anyone nearby?
Reply 62
Miasqc
so we're going to be flatmates! what are you studying? im doing english and sociology =]

have you received your welcome pack type thing yet?

Hi flatmate!
I'm doing History and Philosophy.

I've not received anything from the university other than the certificate of acceptance, and obviously the accommodation paperwork from Unite - so unless you mean either of these the answer is no. Aberdeen was kind of a last minute choice, and I'm not really clued up on the whole thing, so I've no idea what sort of welcome pack expect - if at all!

Any idea what the flat we'll be in is actually like? The Unite website gives one description for the whole complex, but clearly there's quite a lot of variation between blocks (or whatever, price bands)...
Reply 63
heya, is anyone in block 44 flat 102or near by or doing medicine??
Still waiting :frown:
luisa91
heya, is anyone in block 44 flat 102or near by or doing medicine??

Hey, Im in block 44 flat 202
Edit: Im so excited! I found a flatmate!
Reply 66
I stayed in Spring Gardens for 2007/2008, and the flats arent that bad. Theyre quite big I thought and its nice to have 2 toilets/showers for 5 or 6 people. However I really have to warn you that if you notice ANY weird insects you really must go and report it, because in my 2nd year we became infested with cockroaches and the staff tried to say that as we had seen 1 weeks ago and hadnt reported it, it was basically our own fault (I hadnt realised it was a cockroach never having seen one before, and that seemed to be a 1 off until the rest came along weeks later). We were fobbed off by the manager and most staff, but one member of staff told us that we had minkers living in the flat below who had taken them in in suitcases after travelling and lived in such filth they hadn't noticed the infestation.

So yeh, report anything and everything and check your neighbours arent gross!! They did get the exterminators in and that particular infestation was pretty much gone by the time I left but I think people whould be warned :frown:
Reply 67
Elemmem
I stayed in Spring Gardens for 2007/2008, and the flats arent that bad. Theyre quite big I thought and its nice to have 2 toilets/showers for 5 or 6 people. However I really have to warn you that if you notice ANY weird insects you really must go and report it, because in my 2nd year we became infested with cockroaches and the staff tried to say that as we had seen 1 weeks ago and hadnt reported it, it was basically our own fault (I hadnt realised it was a cockroach never having seen one before, and that seemed to be a 1 off until the rest came along weeks later). We were fobbed off by the manager and most staff, but one member of staff told us that we had minkers living in the flat below who had taken them in in suitcases after travelling and lived in such filth they hadn't noticed the infestation.

So yeh, report anything and everything and check your neighbours arent gross!! They did get the exterminators in and that particular infestation was pretty much gone by the time I left but I think people whould be warned :frown:

Thanks for the heads up and since you've lived there for a year you wouldn't happen to have some pictures of the flats would you? Anything at all would be rather helpful at this point:yep:
Reply 68
Well... I have a few very bad ones but as long as you promise not to look at the awful photos of people and just the background Ill put them up!

This is in the bedroom, the girl leaning on the bed is about 5'5 so you can kind of see how hight he beds are and the layout with wardrobe just beside the bed

Here you can see the kitchen cupboard n the worktop

This is the living room window/walls/carpet, not that attractive!!

You can kind of see the furniture and how big the living room is here, people moan about the sofas and chairs but I thought they were comfy enough!

Again just the sofa kind of and a bit of the kitchen walls etc
Reply 69
Thasc
This, combined with your username, amuses me greatly. :3

It amuses me too, but also a lil bit worried :wink:
Reply 70
Raging Boner
Hey, Im in block 44 flat 202
Edit: Im so excited! I found a flatmate!

Hey, so wot r u going to be doing at uni?
do u ave facebook or something?
Has anyone heard anything since sending off their documents?
Reply 72
JESSHOLMES

I phoned the Unite Scotland (01224 658254) office this morning (though I've not sent my documents - which is why I was phoning), and basically they're wading through mountains of stuff so don't expect anything back from them immediately, because they've had so many late applications this year.

If in doubt, they're unlikely to give your accommodation to someone else so any issues can be sorted out on arrival, or phone them before that.
Reply 73
JESSHOLMES

i received back the copies of tenancy forms for tenant and guarantor signed by the landlord, and the payment ment for the 5th is instead going to happen on the 8th instead
Reply 74
Hey, just heard back from Unite that I'm into Spring Gardens accommodation. Block 44 flat 101, Anyone else near me? Oh, and what's the deal with the internet connection does anybody know?
xoxx
lafeeverte
Hey, just heard back from Unite that I'm into Spring Gardens accommodation. Block 44 flat 101, Anyone else near me? Oh, and what's the deal with the internet connection does anybody know?
xoxx

I'm in Block 44 Flat 201 :smile:
Have people paid the first installment yet btw?
Reply 77
lafeeverte
xoxx

heya, im in block 44 flat 102!
Anyone for block 68 flat 301 or near to it??
Reply 79
tea-and-crumpets
Anyone for block 68 flat 301 or near to it??

I'm block 62?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending