The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't understand why you would want to...

I started off doing four A2's then when I was going round uni's they told me that they would only look at the top 3 anyway so I decided there was no point giving myself the extra stress.
Reply 21
Thank you for your advice. I think I will probably just to my 4 chosen ones reading your answer! Im preparing for a big jump work wise from GCSE's to A-levels! and still want to have a social life, so i think 4 would be the way forward! thanks again! :smile:
Reply 22
Thats interesting I did not know they only look at the top 3. Im guessing then the 4th would then only be for oxford or Cambridge. (which i wont be going to) lol

hmm lots to think about. thanks guys for the advice, i just want to be a clued up as possible!
I did 5 A2's and came out with AAABC (the C was in General Studies) and I managed pretty well. I think how well you cope depends on your aptitude for your chosen subjects, for example if I'd have done maths/sciences I would NEVER have got those grades, but with 5 essay and arts type subjects I didn't find it too difficult because I'm naturally better at that style of subject. Although uni's only usually give you an offer of 3 grades it does give you more chance at hitting those grades because obviously, you have 5 chances (or 4 in my case ex. General St) to hit them.

Latest