The Student Room Group

I feel stupid having to ask this question.

ok, good news, I got into Girton to study Maths :smile:.

I now have to return the "Acceptance Form".

However, I feel a bit stupid because I can have to write down the "Name of My Local Education Authority". and I have no idea what it means by that, lol.

Is that simply the name of the college I did my A-levels at?

I can't believe that I got a 1,1 in STEP, but can't fill out the acceptance form... this is ridiculous :P
Reply 1
Errrm, like your local council -the one which your school is part of that is. For example mine was North Tyneside... says so on my wheelie bin :biggrin:

Take a look on here:

http://www.axcis.co.uk/html/leas_a_to_e.html

Edit: Hampshire? Maybe?
Reply 2
I gather you didn't have to apply for student finance then :p:
errr, I think I may have applied for student finance.

not sure if I have though.

I should really check these things.
Reply 4
:rolleyes:
You really need to check whether you've applied for student finance, you need it not only for your loan but also to confirm your status as a home student, you'll have to show your college your financial notification to stop them charging you international fees.....
Reply 6
Scary Monster
You really need to check whether you've applied for student finance, you need it not only for your loan but also to confirm your status as a home student, you'll have to show your college your financial notification to stop them charging you international fees.....

HUH?! I thought if you don't show it to them, they charge you college fee.

I thought:
International fee (no settled status) > College fee + Tuition fee (settled status, no financial notification) > Tuition fee (with financial notification)

Seriously, you are indeed a "Scary Monster". If what you are saying is true than I am in serious trouble.
Reply 7
Local students don't pay college fees. International students pay international tuition AND college fees.

Bit of a raw deal really.
Reply 8
SunderX
Local students don't pay college fees. International students pay international tuition AND college fees.

Bit of a raw deal really.

no, my college (pembroke) sent everyone info pack ages ago saying even if you don't need loan, you still need to apply student finance to establish the fact you are a publically funded student, otherwise you have to pay college fee. international student pay higher tution fee and normal college fee.

but i am not sure if they indeed use financial notification to establish your home student status. i am a bit scared since my financial notification has not arrived.

Latest

Trending

Trending