The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm also finding myself scrutinising exams I've done.. trying to count up marks that I may have lost, wondering whether I misinterpreted questions etc. it's not a good thing! I really really really want to get my 3 As for Oxford, and I've been focusing and concentrating on it so much for ages. I'm going to try and put it out of my mind in my last crucial exams, and just see them as opportunites to show off my knowledge rather than pressured situations in which I have to perform to a certain level. Otherwise I may implode and that wouldn't be nice for anybody. Come onnn Thursday!
Reply 21
If you implode, make sure you dont leave a mess please.
Reply 22
bavman
If you implode, make sure you dont leave a mess please.

I'll do my best, but tidy implosions are a bit of a rarity like.
Reply 23
I'd consider subscription, so I could ask whoever negative repped me why this thread shows my apparent vanity. But I'm poor, meh.
It says I have to spread rep around before I can rep Charlottie again :frown:
Reply 25
I know my rep doesn't count for much charlotte - but i'll rep you later to try and get it back. I think this thread was very honest of you and all you were needing from it was practical advice about clearing. Grrr some people. I don't think you're vain at all.

As a side not - i'm coming a subscriber as soon as i get my new debit card! woop. xx
Reply 26
I'm not allowed a debit card. My bank shouted 'no, you're not 18'. I wanted to feel grown up too. How very off topic of me!
Charlottie
I'm not allowed a debit card. My bank shouted 'no, you're not 18'. I wanted to feel grown up too. How very off topic of me!

I think I've had a debit card since I was 16... :confused:
Reply 28
Yeah, I'm with my bank because they let me withdraw for free abroad, but they don't let you have debit cards before you're 18. It's bank specific.
Reply 29
I've lost the pin for my Bank card, and only a few places accept Visa Electron. I suppose it's good for me not to be able to spend money in the long term...damnit.
Question about clearing, can you get in with lower grades than their standard offer. For example, Royal Holloway has a lot of places on ucas extra which pretty much means they'll have some in clearing, now they want ABB normally, could someone get in with BBB or ABC through clearing?
Reply 31
Universities normally drop their entry requirements by one grade for clearing, it may be more. BBB should be ok for Royal Hollaway through clearing if their are spaces. The fact they had spaces on UCAS extra suprises me, RH is a good University for English, with a lovely campus. And we all know how competitive it has been this year. xx
Fully agree but literally all their english courses are available for UCAS EXTRA, surprising but good in a way.

Steve
kelamia
You never know, I was surprised that Kent (who asked me for 320 points) and newcastle (who ask for an A in English) were on the ucas extra list so places like there may be still around for Clearing. Also Royal Holloway might be on there and although they only ask for BCC or something like that, their position in the Times English league table is above places like liverpool and manchester.
Good luck with it all though, hope it works out for you! :p:

Just for the record RHUL requires an A grade in English Literature and two B grades in your other subjects. They currently also tie for sixteenth place in the Times League Table with Manchester and KCL.

Unfortunately I didn’t quite get my A grade in English last year. I was completely devastated as it meant I didn’t get into my first choice despite also having AAB in my other A Levels but luckily RHUL had a few spaces for English and through a phone interview I got a place!

Quite surprised RHUL hasn’t cut back on places for English given the lecture halls just barely accommodate all students with many having to sit on the steps (which is bad as it's a fire hazard). Apparently each year sees a great increase in English students. Tis highly puzzling. I do also believe you can get in through clearing with three B grades - a few people I know have got in with those grades. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending