The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

WoW is for people that live in the 90's and still think its a good game pffft it fails xD

im gonna keep mine on :biggrin: there better not be anti social ppl buy us wiggler xD i wanna go out and parrtay :wink:
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 81
Wiggler
when you move into halls each house is given a different colour wristband to wear. They're used for gaining entry into the venues etc because not everyone gets their student id cards in times for various reasons. It also lets everyone know the freshers so they know who to give out all the random freebies to etc, and the reason each house gets a different colour is so you can instantly know who you're living with, so when ever you see someone with the same colour as you, you know you're in the same house. So for the less confident students that can be used as a starting point for conversations and meeting ppl. For example "Oh hi, i see you have an orange wristband, i live in yarlet too!... etc"

Also keep them one during freshers week. Some people just like to be anti-social, instantly rip off the bands and sit in their rooms playing world of warcraft and hideaway from the world; whilst others just keep the bands on for weeks, its entirely up to you really.

And what about those of us who are staying in private housing, as we were not fortunate enough to get uni accomodation? I want my discounts, freebies or an armband to be associated with! :mad:
Reply 82
diablo_nath
there better not be anti social ppl by us wiggler xD i wanna go out and parrtay :wink:

We're gonna make yarlet awsome?
Reply 83
Thanks for the uploading of them pictures. You sure do have alot of stuff...And some interesting things. Heres me planning to bring as little as possible. My TV (32"), Monitor (19"), PC, Xbox 360 & Games, PS2 & Games (I'm sorry, am i still allowed to play it? ; :wink:, Desklight, Some Books. Then a rucksack full of clothes or something. In all honesty i thought the rooms were a ton more smaller. But i never got a chance to look around at Accomodation on the Open Day. I'm sure it was just Stafford Court they showed.

I saw on a piece of Accomodation letter the rules that state no form of cooking in the student rooms. I'm guessing that includes the boiling of water for tea/coffee? :3. If so, Relentless (Energy Drink) will be my friend once more =D.

Would my 32" TV/19" Monitor fit onto that desk? o.o; I saw you had a tight fit with your was it 22" TV/19" Monitor?...I might just have to..put my TV on the floor or under the desk, and sit on the floor when need be. I'll make do somehow.
Drazzan

Would my 32" TV/19" Monitor fit onto that desk? o.o; I saw you had a tight fit with your was it 22" TV/19" Monitor?...I might just have to..put my TV on the floor or under the desk, and sit on the floor when need be. I'll make do somehow.

if you can fit your 32" and 192 on that desk i will pat you on the back lol i dunno weather to but a 22" monitior new or take me 32" Tv with hdmi ports for my pc but i dont want to have to pay for a tv licence >.<

Wiggler
We're gonna make yarlet awsome?

yeaaa boi :wink: i cant wait im buzzing lol
Reply 85
Mmm the rooms look fairly big, so i might just flip this plastic box over i have, and chuck my TV ontop of there. That way, it solves the problem...I think.

Could anyone/does anyone have a picture of the Kitchen/Dining area. I'm curious to how many cookers/stuff there is for 17 people to share at any one time =D.
Reply 86
Drazzan

I've got a 24" and a 22" there. I really dont think s 32" + 19" would fit.

Drazzan
Mmm the rooms look fairly big, so i might just flip this plastic box over i have, and chuck my TV ontop of there. That way, it solves the problem...I think.

Could anyone/does anyone have a picture of the Kitchen/Dining area. I'm curious to how many cookers/stuff there is for 17 people to share at any one time =D.

I'll take some photos in a few min for ya dude.

The rooms are bigger than the typical stafford court ones.
Reply 87
Thanks Wiggler :biggrin:. I'm sure as Warden you've got enough to do as it is. Appreciated ^_^
Reply 88
Drazzan

Behold the Yarlet Kitchens:

So what you get:

three fridge freezers
two tables
four chairs
two cookers each with four rings and over and grill
one lockable cupboard per student
two washing up sinks
two microwaves
Reply 89
Thanks Wiggler, awesome pics =D. Helps a bunch.
wow thaaks dude thts mint i thought thet wd be skutty but they actuayly look good :wink:

p.s. pardon my speloing i cba to tyoe propryl afterr student night ')
ash-corbett-collins
Hopefully you're in something around the 40's, I already know one guy I'm sharing with.

WHO? STU?
Bacon Butty Love
WHO? STU?

Yes it was Stu :P
Kitchens on Yarlet 1st floor are the best thanks. :biggrin:
RYANinCLOTHES

Top Floor all the way son!
RYANinCLOTHES

Top Floor all the way son!
i agree with ash ... top floor :smile:
come on where was the freshers party at... oh TOP FLOOR :wink:
Reply 97
the daily parties in stafford court are better, so NO FLOOR MUAHahahahahahahahahha
Reply 98
Except...You never ever hear about them parties?... =D
yea what staffs court parties?

Latest

Trending

Trending