The Student Room Group

Uni accepting 2 AS as one A2!?

Ok so I got my AAE in my AS results yesterday. The E was in physics. I've spoken to tutors and advisors at college and have ended up deciding to retake physics exam, but drop it, and sit AS Eng Lang instead of A2 physics. That way I feel i will come out with two reasonable AS grades, rather that one awful A2 grade.

I want to do Chemistry at Uni. Ive got the A's in bio and chem. The advisors said that unis will accept 2 separate AS levels as one A2.
I am going to contact unis to ask, but I just thought I'd get some immediate input from anyone that can tell me if this is the case or not?

Thanks!
Reply 1
I would be really wary about following that advice. Less than three full A2s is going to put you at a distinct disadvantage, and no, you can't just say 2AS are equivalent to an A2, whatever the UCAS tariff says. It's not like English Language AS is going to add much if you're going for chemistry. If it was Maths AS, then maybe, but I'd still think it a bad idea not to have 3 A2s. Do you think you can shift that physics grade up (say to a C at least?) If so, then definitely stick with it.

Which universities were you thinking of applying to?

Latest

Trending

Trending