The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

kings college accommodation SWAP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi, I've got a single room in Hampstead and I would consider swapping with any residence besides the KCHall. Message me if interested
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 41
I've got Hampstead residence and would like to know if someone would like to swap, preferably for something nearer to Guy's campus. If i can't, i'll guess i could try my best to commute from home.
(edited 12 years ago)
I have a single room in Hughes Parry Hall which is a 1.3 mile/ 28mins walk (according to google maps) to the Strand campus, and has good tube connections. It is catered but im desperate for self catered accomodation, preferably Stamford Street, Great Dover Street, or Hampstead!! Message me if you are interested :smile:
Reply 43
I have a single in Hughes Parry that I'd love to trade for a single en-suite room in SSA or College Hall (the intercollegiate one, not KCH), but I'd also definitely think about trading for something else.
Reply 44
I've been out into intercollegiate halls :frown: really didn't want catering due to dietary requirements. Anyone willing to trade? x
Hey, I was allocated Kings College Hall and was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping a room for Great Dover Street, Wolfson House, Stamford Street or Brian Creamer :smile: I'm aware we can only direct swap rooms when we move in but arrnaging it beforehand would be good :smile: Please inbox me if you are interested!!

I'm a medic so I would really like to be closer to Guys Campus :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by violet_ofelia

Original post by violet_ofelia
Hey, I was allocated Kings College Hall and was wondering if anyone was interested in swapping a room for Great Dover Street, Wolfson House, Stamford Street or Brian Creamer :smile: I'm aware we can only direct swap rooms when we move in but arrnaging it beforehand would be good :smile: Please inbox me if you are interested!!

I'm a medic so I would really like to be closer to Guys Campus :smile:

I know how you feel, I was allocaated King's College Hall but am doing biomedical sciences so will also be in and out of Guy's campus. If you don't manage to swap, at least you won't be the only one :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by kajama
I have a single at Nutford (intercollegiate next to Marble arch) and trying to swap to Hampstead North. Anyone interested?

I've got kings college hall if that takes your fancy?
Reply 48
Hi there... I have been offered accommodation at Kings College Hall but my department is at Strand and so was wondering whether anyone wants to swap for any accommodation which is closer to strand. Preferably en-suite and self catered, though i may not be too bothered. If not i might stick with KCH as its extrememly cheap.
Reply 49
Original post by odannyboii
got connaught hall, would like to swap for wolfson house, if anyones is interested in a swap please PM me

I want!! Please, answer back to: [removed]
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi guys, for all of you who want to swap then you have to read this.

"Appendix Two
Room or Residence Swaps
A Resident of a College residence may request permission to
swap the place which has been allocated to him/her with a
place allocated to a resident at another of the College residences.
Direct swaps must be agreed between the two residents and
authorised in advance by the Residence Managers in accordance
with the following procedure:
1. A request for a direct swap between College residences will
be considered after the first 7 nights or before the last 21
nights of both Residence Agreements.
2. Both residents should complete the Swap form available
at www.kcl.ac.uk/accomm and apply jointly and in person
to Residence One. If the request is permissible the Manager
will arrange to take payment of the administration fee, and
print the new Residence Agreements. Both residents must
then attend Residence Two to complete the process.
3. The Manager of Residence Two will confirm the agreed
‘swap date’ when liability for residence fees will be
transferred, and arrange for both residents to make
any necessary payments to bring their booking fee/
damage deposit to the required amount. The Residence
Agreements must be signed and dated in the presence of a
member of staff and a copy returned to each resident; keys/
Access Cards must not be transferred until both Residence
Agreements have been signed.
4. Accommodation Services will amend the residents’
accommodation bookings but it is the responsibility of
each resident to ensure that s/he receives the correct
credit notes/invoices in respect of any necessary financial
adjustment to their student account.
NB: Swaps between College and Intercollegiate residences may
be considered from mid-October but procedures will vary and
applicants should contact the relevant Intercollegiate residence
for details before proceeding."

Taken from page 36/37 of this document:

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/study/pg/accom/accepting/attachments/Myresidence2011.pdf
Reply 51
Hi, been allocated commonwealth hall, want to swap for self catered, mainly considering great dover street apartments, email me if you're interested, <removed>
Thanks.
(edited 12 years ago)
i've been given kings college hall, anyone want to swap????? its just too far from my campus.
Okay, this is a bit of a long shot, but... I have been allocated King's College Hall (single, catered), but my lectures will be based at Guy's, so it's a bit of a commute for me. Would anyone be willing to swap for Great Dover Street, or another central location? Please inbox me!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
Hi, if anyone wants to swap a room in wolfson for my single room in Kings College Hall, please email. (right next to hospital for medics, I am studying English lit).

mod edit** email removed for privacy reasons, please PM the OP.
Hi!

I have been allocated accommodation in Great Dover Street apartments for this years study starting in september 2011, however I am looking for someone who would like to swap with me so that i could stay in Stamford Street Apartments.

Obviously GDS is great but as I will be studying in the strand campus SSA would be alot more practical as GDS is next to Guys campus.

If anyone is in the same position as me (in that you have been given accomodation that is further away from where you study than you would have hoped) then I would be really interested in swapping with you!

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 56
Original post by Norfolk_Enchance
I havent had an offer yet but i would be interested in KCH if i dont get one ( it was my first) so i would definately swap if get ssa

also most people havent had their offers yet so youll probably have to wait ill early sept

Hi! thanks so much for ur msg.....Hav u received ur accomodation as yet??? I hope u will keep me in mind first ....am still looking!! :smile:
Original post by sn.1990
Hi! thanks so much for ur msg.....Hav u received ur accomodation as yet??? I hope u will keep me in mind first ....am still looking!! :smile:

not yet, will do. thanks
Reply 58
Hi I've got a single room in Hughes Parry Hall but am looking for SSA/Canterbury or College Hall. Please PM me if interested! Thanks
Reply 59
Hi!

I currently have a single room at Lillian Penson Hall which is a grad student hall located right next to the paddington tube station. The room is en-suite, has a lot of closet space and a view of the pretty courtyard. It is also CATERED! Which means you won't have to buy groceries! and they clean it once a week. :wink:I am looking for a room in Stamford Street Apartments because I can't take the Tube to KCL Strand due to a knee injury (can't take all the tube stairs plus the ones at campus.)

Thanks!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest