The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vickisaurus
Have you been to see Canterbury Christ Church? (:
My UCAS was sent on Monday, and I'm nervous already.

Ive seen it twice, loved it both times, it just felt right :smile: Have you applied there then?
I've applied to both Kent and Canterbury Christ, although I've seen neither. I know, probably not the best thing to do - but I love Canterbury, so I was pretty sure I would love to live there. Do you have any idea how quickly they will offer and suchlike? I'm so excited.
I have no idea :/ i havent sent my application off yet, my higher ed tutuor is taking ages to write my reference! hopefully i should be able to send it off next week :smile: The accomodation looks nice:smile:,and canterbury is such a beautifull city.
Reply 83
APPLIED. How long do they take to make u an offer for Exeter, Edinburgh, Birmingham??

I got an email from Ed saying thanks for ur app etc and u will be notified about our decision "in the following weeks" (I'm applying for history join honours with a less competitive course btw)
Is following weeks next 4 weeks or next 13 weeks or hummm?
Reply 84
Hopefully my application will be sent off during the week. Currently on ABC but with 1 module resit should go to AAB. I have decided to apply to Leicester, Kent, Hull & Oxford Brookes, however I need an insurance choice, i.e BBC/BCC equivalents. Any suggestions, im really struggling to find something suitable.
Reply 85
UCLAN? Their typical offer is 240 points, which I think is CCC or thereabouts...
Reply 86
Has anyone recieved any offers yet?
I'm actually a track addict now, especially because York have started giving offers (for other subjects).
Reply 87
I haven't even sent mine off yet, my personal tutor keeps promising to check it, saying that I'm 'high priority', but nothing ever materialises :no:. To be fair though there are people who still haven't decided what they want to study, so they're more important.
Reply 88
moody28028
Has anyone recieved any offers yet?
I'm actually a track addict now, especially because York have started giving offers (for other subjects).

Me tooo. I haven't got any yet, but I know that Sheffield, York, and apparently Bristol have all made offers for History already. :s-smilie:
Reply 89
_Fleur_
Me tooo. I haven't got any yet, but I know that Sheffield, York, and apparently Bristol have all made offers for History already. :s-smilie:

You know someone with a York history offer? This makes me depressed and scared :frown: . At times like these I like to think they go through the apps in alphabetical order (I'm an R).
Reply 90
moody28028
You know someone with a York history offer? This makes me depressed and scared :frown: . At times like these I like to think they go through the apps in alphabetical order (I'm an R).

'Fraid so. :s-smilie: I really wouldn't worry though, he's a gap year applicant like myself, already achieved 4 As, so that's probably why. I know several other really strong candidates who are yet to hear from them for History. Oh and he's an 'M', so there could be something to it... :p: (I'm an R too)
Reply 91
_Fleur_
'Fraid so. :s-smilie: I really wouldn't worry though, he's a gap year applicant like myself, already achieved 4 As, so that's probably why. I know several other really strong candidates who are yet to hear from them for History. Oh and he's an 'M', so there could be something to it... :p: (I'm an R too)

Ok, I'll try not to worry. I'm just petrified I'll get 5 rejections. I was feeling quite positive yesterday, I think I'm prone to university mood swings. If you're gap year, maybe you'll hear from them soon too, so good luck!
I got an offer from Southampton today, but I don't know of anyone from York who have applied to History and got an offer. :smile:
Gunner30
Hopefully my application will be sent off during the week. Currently on ABC but with 1 module resit should go to AAB. I have decided to apply to Leicester, Kent, Hull & Oxford Brookes, however I need an insurance choice, i.e BBC/BCC equivalents. Any suggestions, im really struggling to find something suitable.

Chichester would be worth a look :smile:
moody28028
Ok, I'll try not to worry. I'm just petrified I'll get 5 rejections. I was feeling quite positive yesterday, I think I'm prone to university mood swings. If you're gap year, maybe you'll hear from them soon too, so good luck!

If you get chance to update the front page, I now have an offer from Leeds. And I've made a rule - no track checking unless I get a e-mail update (Yes, I'm a bit sad), otherwise I would spend all day on there! R.e. York, everyone I know who applied last year took ages (for most subjects) to get offers.

Well done the fourth way on your offer - one of my friends goes to Southampton and loves it.
Reply 95
haute_couture
If you get chance to update the front page, I now have an offer from Leeds. And I've made a rule - no track checking unless I get a e-mail update (Yes, I'm a bit sad), otherwise I would spend all day on there! R.e. York, everyone I know who applied last year took ages (for most subjects) to get offers.

Well done the fourth way on your offer - one of my friends goes to Southampton and loves it.

Don't worry, I am most definitely as sad as you when it comes to track, and I don't have the control to only check it if I have an email. I think I'm less addicted this week than last though.
And congrats on your offer! And congrats to the fourth way too :smile:
I'll update the OP now :woo:
Thank you haute_couture! Congratulations on your offer from Leeds!
Reply 97
I've applied: Oxford, UCL, Edinburgh, Exeter, Birmingham.
I've got: 4 aknowledgments... great.
I want: at least one offer before December!!...
Reply 98
Aitana
I've applied: Oxford, UCL, Edinburgh, Exeter, Birmingham.
I've got: 4 aknowledgments... great.
I want: at least one offer before December!!...

Hello :smile:
I think you want is very modest...I want an offer before November! Although I doubt this will happen.
Which college are you applying for at Oxford or did you do an open app?
I got an offer today from Southampton! I'm super happy and good luck everyone with your applications!

BTW I was also wondering if anyone could clarify the King's interview situation? :biggrin:

Thanks All!

Latest

Trending

Trending